Talisman League Mechanics

"
Erak wrote:
I wanna see how long people can grind this carrot-on-a-stick concept before becoming totally tired of it. Sigh, more stash tabs required to keep all the massive pile of shitty talismans. Peoples stashes will become even more cluttered. How fanatical do one have to be to get a decent rare even since its all RNG and how often do you get a decent rare amulet normally? Not very often.

You can count on me to bring your hype down any time!

Yeah and on top of that there are people who still enjoy running through the same 4 acts three times just to test a new build who will eventually get stuck behind rng of map currency or item drops,or will just be one shotted from rares all the time.
It's like you wanna go out for a drink and instead of driving 5 miles you go to next town and back.
With such gated content i was hoping for a fun league at least,not a "grind for an amulet" one.
I mean,seriously?
We will be grinding to replace our rare amulets?
For months?
Last edited by PsOfOs on Dec 1, 2015, 6:10:54 AM
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Erak wrote:
I wanna see how long people can grind this carrot-on-a-stick concept before becoming totally tired of it. Sigh, more stash tabs required to keep all the massive pile of shitty talismans. Peoples stashes will become even more cluttered. How fanatical do one have to be to get a decent rare even since its all RNG and how often do you get a decent rare amulet normally? Not very often.

You can count on me to bring your hype down any time!

Yeah and on top of that there are people who still enjoy running through the same 4 acts three times just to test a new build who will eventually get stuck behind rng of map currency or item drops,or will just be one shotted from rares all the time.
It's like you wanna go out for a drink and instead of driving 5 miles you go to next town and back.
With such gated content i was hoping for a fun league at least,not a "grind for an amulet" one.
I mean,seriously?
We will be grinding to replace our rare amulets?
For months?

Grinding does Gear this Game bro :P
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
"... and must all be of different base types"

Now this sounds very bad. Why different base type? Dont see a need for that. Making it even more rng based.
WTF, what a BS league.

"

You'll have plenty of spare normal Talismans, a few spare magic Talismans, and occasional spare rare Talismans.

let's assume plenty is normal, few is *5, and occasional is 5*5, unique would be 5*5*5

So let's see:
To get a WHITE rigwald talisman i need to invest 125 talisman.
To get a BLUE rigwald talisman i need to invest 725 talisman.
To get a RARE rigwald talisman i need to invest 3625 talisman.
To get a Unique rigwald talisman i need to invest 18125 talisman.

I call BS!
Last edited by DasName on Dec 1, 2015, 6:16:54 AM
"
MetalheartX wrote:
Darkshrines will be enabled in talisman league?

Aren't they pretty cheesy/potentially cause inflation ? Seen some worrisome videos about them ...

OP: no pics, didn't read :p
Last edited by dyneol on Dec 1, 2015, 6:23:12 AM
Am i the only one that feels this is going to be super tedious? Especially since you cannot craft on them...

125 of a certain type of talisman to fight rigwald is a lot...and then what he drops can be super dumpster tier and you cant even correct it because its corrupted.

Also replacing amulet slot is a huge mistake. These should have been their own equipment slot.

Grind to maps, grind for atziri, grind masters and grind talismans. GGG living up to their name.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Dec 1, 2015, 6:29:13 AM
the talisman monster spawning thing sounds somewhat interesting, but it's killed by the fact those are fucking amulets!!! amulets are already IN THE GAME - obviously this should've been a new slot instead (pants, cloak, ioun stone or whatever). I don't care in the slightest if those are 17,2018% more powerful than my usual gear, there are dozens of factors like this already (gear, passives, etc), it's NOTHING NEW

verdict: not exciting. buffed up monsters is something we've seen before. amulets is something we've seen before. also this is a concept designed in maybe an afternoon (compared to my ideas (which I'm gonna publish on the forum eventually) this thing is ridiculously minor and shallow - but that is what ggg is aiming for, right? it actually is.

btw what WOULD be exciting is to put darkshrines into the core game (i.e. standard). THAT would be exciting news

even better though would be to rotate league mods like in the one-month leagues PERMANENTLY in standard and hc.

and BTW obviously talismans are going into the main game. how else would it work people, you die in hc and BAM you got your talisman in standard. ergo the system has to be added to standard
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 1, 2015, 6:36:44 AM
Oke i read the title way to fast i that it said "merchandise" i that like a zombie plushi or something.
Haha i am little sad now :P but nice post any way :D
"Insanely powerful talismans" HYPEEEE :) give us loot, a lot of loot and a lot of skeletons in huge dungeons
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
NeroNoah wrote:
125 talismans seems insane for Rigwald. I'll play this league, I want to fight him. When this gets gates behind Zana or a random event, it's going to be hard as fuck to fight him.

I read something else there ^^
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info