Standard is a trash!

"
Barivius wrote:
"

It would be better long term if GGG focused around new content for standard and put out more gimmicky things for temp leagues that wouldn't become part of the base game.

You are missing a few key points. First, since the minority (shrinking?) play standard it would be bad business to change focus. Also, you need a time machine at this point. It's too late for standard. All you can do is slow the decay.

I think you are the one missing the point. For one thing, besides the first few weeks of a temp league standard usually has a higher population. Another thing, people quit in cycles because they keep getting bored. Having more crazy gimmicky temp leagues would help retain the league players during the league duration. Not adding those gimmicks into the base game but instead focusing on high level content for the base game would help retain permanent league players.

I am advocating for more crazy and out there content for league players, while only adding things that create challenge to the perm leagues.

As it is features like lockboxes, tempest, and darkshrine only serve to further fuck up the economy and don't add anything interesting to the base game.

Features like rogue exiles, nemesis mods, bloodline mods, and beyond mobs on the other hand add challenge and make combat more interesting.

What is wrong with adding more crazy things for league players that are not balanced around potentially becoming a part of the base game, while at the same time focusing more on end game content such as atziri lvl boss fights and features that add challenge to combat?

I also don't believe standard has to be dying a slow death. If there was an ever growing number of uber bosses that needed extremely high level gear and specific gear set ups to down that would most definitely add new life to high level play (what standard is based around).
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
OMG not a single person read my post where I single-handedly FIXED the community's opinion of a permanent league being a "dumpster" by giving long-term purpose to it.

but oh well, once I release the full concept with shiny graphics (that's the problem eh? text not shiny enough for low-attention-span people), you WILL listen!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
I cannot fathom why you would play a loot based game that's a grind fest and to not want to have object or character permanency. I get leagues can be fun but the whole looking down on those who play in standard is perplexing.

The day they phase out permanency or what we call standard is the day i don't play for good. That isnt to say I would throw the toys out of the cot so to speak as it would be clear if that happened GGG wouldnt give a flying fuck what i thought in the first place.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
OMG not a single person read my post where I single-handedly FIXED the community's opinion of a permanent league being a "dumpster" by giving long-term purpose to it.

but oh well, once I release the full concept with shiny graphics (that's the problem eh? text not shiny enough for low-attention-span people), you WILL listen!

Probably because nobody think your opinions fixed anything. Standard is still the same old standard league. Not like my opinions matter either. Nothing changed.
"

I also don't believe standard has to be dying a slow death. If there was an ever growing number of uber bosses that needed extremely high level gear and specific gear set ups to down that would most definitely add new life to high level play (what standard is based around).

In a few months Standard can take some cracks at Rigwald.
"
Barivius wrote:
"

In a few months Standard can take some cracks at Rigwald.

At the same time as the Labyrinth boss. But that isn't enough. It is also not a good thing at all that the 2.1 content is being added to leagues only. That is like if GGG had only added Atziri to leagues..
its a chance to try something new, and a chance to start my favorite game over again from scratch. its also why i play hardcore, it means more when it is finite
"
its a chance to try something new, and a chance to start my favorite game over again from scratch. its also why i play hardcore, it means more when it is finite

But the opposite tho. Finite existence lowers value / meaning.

The finality of death is what ultimately makes life devoid of meaning for example.
This game has no true end game. How many players can reach lv 100? I also duno Y i only play league. Maybe cuz the guild i belong to is a true guild league. Anyone plays standard is out. Maybe the league is something new to look forward to, i tried playing standard, but this game has nothing to offer, besides the long and hard grind to lv 100, nah i have looked past that, not bothered with it. And standard is boring for me, i cant stay logged in standard for more than 30mins. Durp
"
"

But the opposite tho. Finite existence lowers value / meaning.

The finality of death is what ultimately makes life devoid of meaning for example.

. . . I don't even . . .

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info