Any reasons left to continue playing PoE?

Do it in HC.
Noblesse oblige
"
ApE_EmPeROR wrote:
The problem for most ARPG's is that the end game gets boring at a certain point when you've mastered most of the content. The question is what do you consider a long time goal? I mean there is always stuff to do for the majority of PoE players besides the leagues and races. Getting a char to lvl 100, getting GG gear, or just simply try to come up with experimental builds which are based on rarely used skills/uniques.

PoE is probably the best ARPG when it comes to providing its players with new content in a timely manner. And I mean real content like new acts, quests, levels, skills and so. It just sounds as if u played too much. Just take a break and wait for Ascendancy ;).

kingdoms.

-) a grid-like overworld map,
-) a few daily turns/tries to conquer lands (=hard maps) adjacent to lands you already own
-) lands produce resources you can use to build up your kingdom
-) and all players play on the same overworld map.
-) all players' characters in one league share the same kingdom (just like with the hideout)
-) when 2 players' borders clash, you can try to conquer enemy lands
-) this also applies only to the permanent leagues (maybe in a limited form to temp leagues as to not destroy fairness there)

hence, game's basic idea of hack and slash stays exactly the same, but a meta-level of long-term-thinking is added. expanding a kingdom is expensive, so a perfect currency sink. also it revolutionises pvp (and clans for that matter) completely.

I will work on releasing a shiny mock-expansion page after christmas. will be a hella lot of work (really!) but it becomes more and more apparent to me I really NEED to share my vision in a way that people can relate to easier

if anyone wants to help me (of course with shared credit then) with the shinyness (photoshop, video editing), that would be great of course!

I can't stress SHINY enough, nobody playing hack and slashs likes to read more than 6 lines eh ;-)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 2, 2015, 3:04:26 AM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Have you cleared Uber Atziri? Normal?
Have you cleared Hall of the Grandmasters?
Have you cleared Core Malachai?
Have you cleared the new Talisman league boss?

It's fine if you don't like the game, but don't pretend it's because you have nothing left to accomplish.

all this doesn't apply to me as part of the "poor" 95%. which I am since there is no auction house to make money with
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
You play LoL

no I playED lol. never again
Go play UNDERTALE, then you'll learn what a true game is made of. Not trying to offend you here, but MMOs these days lack the motivation to make players keep playing. Simple as that... And I would recommend to everyone to play UNDERTALE, it's the best game i've ever played in my entire life.
Dream with me !
Well i'll tell you my goal that keeps me entertained on top of everything else. I try to collect all uniques ( 2x one-handed weapons, rings, flasks and jewels that are not limited to 1 ). It works well for me ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:15:32 PM
I learned how to play as a kid. Kids today don't. They're taught how to work. Today's games are modeled on that.
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Sounds to me like your burnt out fellow exile.

this happens to all of us, may I suggest getting into Dota 2, its a great Moba and very much more complicated than Lol.

Grim Dawn is also a good game if you still want to play an ARPG.

When I have a break I just play Dota 2, then when I have my fill, I come back and get the same feeling from when I started playing POE 4 years ago ^^.

Have a bit of a break and then come back refreshed, as we all do :)

GG GGG

I feel the same after taking a break for other games.

Btw why aren't you a valuable poster yet?
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:15:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info