Any reasons left to continue playing PoE?

My advice to you is to always have a goal for yourself. I know when I started it was to beat uber atziri. I farmed and flipped to get the gear and it felt great. Once I beat her I felt no need to flip anymore and played for fun. My next goal was to make a build from scratch. That work out too and I played it for months.

Without goals playing RPG games can feel like a grind amd burn you out.
Last edited by link1313 on Dec 1, 2015, 12:26:11 AM
There are lot of thing that u can still do in POE.

1)Reach max lvl
2)Craft epic items
3)Try to create a unique build that no1 seen before
4)Make a self collection of uniques
5)Join the POE global chat and be part of community
6)Try out dungeon with 3-4-5 players in party, its fun as hell(if u use ventrilo or teamspeak its even more fun)
7)Make your own story and make a video about that
8)Read forums, there are lot of interesting post,wish is enjoyable to read
9)Write your own suggestion to GGG about changes you would like to see in this game,create something original and share with them

These were some advices that u can try out, but i am sure that there are more things you can do,just relax yourself and everything will be ok :)
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Lets see, what was it like last year from summer's Forsaken Masters and 2014 vs Awakening and 2015:

Sustainable and ungated end game? Still does not exist

This is the main reason why I stop playing PoE after few weeks in new league, and go to other games. I don't want to leave my lvl 90 character because someone think I should no life for ages until it hits 100. I don't have problem with death penalty as I have with unsustainable map pools. I also don't want to trade for ages so I am able to buy high level maps. I want to PLAY my character in ACTUAL high level content that I designed him for.

If I am able to get to 100 with more accessible high maps, I would gladly roll another char and make the same run again. But having my 90 character hits high map brick wall just makes me feel... I don't know how, I just don't feel the joy by clicking PoE icon at that point.

Yesterday I decided to hit level 94 on standard with my 93 Shadow. I was running many legacy tier 11 and 12 maps in full party, and gues how many high map drops I had? One!!!
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
LMTR14 wrote:
I guess people playing this game can't really relate to my feeling of purposelessness when playing this game (kind of a catch 22)

Okay, seriously.

You obviously don't want to play this right now or in the next league and forcing yourself to do so is practically asking to become sick of the game for life. Maybe that's what you want?

But otherwise take a break and play something else.
Anything else.
Try some of the free-to-play MMORPGS and MMOFPSs out there,
Give Planetside 2 a try perhaps?

Heck, just do a search and see what's out there.

Worst case scenario it's a bad game, best case scenario you find something that you can get into as much as you once did Path of Exile (or that half-remembered game you played as a kid but can never remember. It had the golems that could turn into energy generating towers or something...?).

Or heck, look for a board game group that meets up somewhere not too far away or join an online DnD group.
Get away from the regular computer games.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
LMTR14 wrote:
Any reasons left to continue playing PoE?

To have fun killing monsters & collecting items.
IGN:
"
Homerosz23 wrote:
There are lot of thing that u can still do in POE.

1)Reach max lvl
2)Craft epic items
3)Try to create a unique build that no1 seen before
4)Make a self collection of uniques
5)Join the POE global chat and be part of community
6)Try out dungeon with 3-4-5 players in party, its fun as hell(if u use ventrilo or teamspeak its even more fun)
7)Make your own story and make a video about that
8)Read forums, there are lot of interesting post,wish is enjoyable to read
9)Write your own suggestion to GGG about changes you would like to see in this game,create something original and share with them

These were some advices that u can try out, but i am sure that there are more things you can do,just relax yourself and everything will be ok :)

1) yes, boring, and then? ...I'm doing it
2) yes, very expensive, lot of currency trading and unsatisfying wasting of time/currency ...I'm doing it
3) Lot of people do it, if it will be good, GGG will destroy it
4) If you give me 100 stashes ok.
5) What?
6) Nothing new
7) Play to PoE or write a PoeM...
8) What?
9) What?

IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
You play LoL and that explains your entire post, you filthy casual.

Ok, without jokes now. I don't know about you, but in my opinion, the idea for me in PoE is to get better, race faster, compete on ladder, abuse new economy, get rich, compete more, push it to 100 lvl on HC, etc. etc. etc. If all of this bores you, try building some crazy unique builds that nobody ever built before. If that bored you out then you are probably burned out playing PoE, my friend. In my case, I have taken a break since Tempest league and coming back nice and refreshed back to PoE when Talisman league comes out. I don't consider myself as a pro player but I will try to do my best to get onto ladder as close as possible to top 10 players.
To sum up: the less goals in game you have to accomplish - the more you are going to be bored with it.
i dunno, but i play games for fun and when i read your post it sounds like you are missing that point. maybe you should start enjoying the games again coz you seem to need to have some kind of reward (in form of items, rank whatever) to get your satisfaction, whereas playing the game itself should be the reward, its recreational and entertaining purpose.
dont take it offensive, thats not my intention, just trying to point something out which u might not notice urself.
The OP is exactly the type of person who should be playing HC. You get bored with the end game of standard. HC gives you that endgame from time to time, but makes getting there a challenge... a renewing challenge.

Give it a try.
too be completely honest, i played diablo in standard never hardcore so much becus i hate too die and start over again in standard, no exitement in that, and also i play poe hc after lvling 63 maraduer in standard, i find the questing soooo boring and getting too merciless is a 20 hours pain for me that doesnt know much about the game and finding my way trougout that, also it seems that things in this game like the aspect of havng a good tooltip too mess with isnt working either.. nothing is correct and the stats on items is what draw me in, that i can mix with 150% phys and 20% eledmg and go fucking HAM! but tooltip just says u got 50 dmg.. like what? i cant min max forsure what am already unsure off?oh wow such good game go around doing dmg but never know what kind it is.. yeah sure things die and stuff but what fun in that or finding items too sell when ure always been underpaid or never sell becus of others already fills that void with mf farming at lvl 90+ imean there isnt any help for new players first timers too buy /resell becus takes time etc etc i cba anymore gonna eat my nuddles and stfu and be depressed over that nothing works.. ama still lvl up my templar molten strike fire dmg ele in darkshrine but fuck me i wanted too be a srs charakter.. but nothing works in tooltip so its just bleh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info