Any reasons left to continue playing PoE?

I think you have options still.

take a break. Maybe you are just having a bout of the burn out. Everyone gets it sooner or later.

set new goals. A few suggestions, If you hit 90 in standard, try hitting it in HC. If you hit 90 in HC try hitting 91 or 92. If the grind gets to you I suggest not actually trying for 100.

party up. It took some time for me personally but I found a good group of friends and we laugh many a night away in PoE. When you are talking and having fun you almost don't realize the grind exists. Communication is key though, mumble is awesome and the immediate interaction with your party saves character lives while providing entertainment value.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Try watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxpW2ltDNow

It's about Game Theory: Bartle's Taxonomy

personally I've realized that I'm an explorer type of player, but I got drawn into the meta of fast clearing builds mainly due to my enjoyment of trading. but that burned me out especially now that the meta builds aren't my type of gameplay.

after watching that video and reviewing interesting new uniques like sire of shards (and youtube vids testing it out, selfcast or specters) and blood of corruption, I got a renewed look at how to play path of exile: have fun trying out other builds.

But ofc, if you're really the type of player who just wants to complete achievements, then nevermind what I said.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Nice 20 maybe you should fix that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I guess people playing this game can't really relate to my feeling of purposelessness when playing this game (kind of a catch 22)

hc 90 would be the final frontier... but it's equally likely I'll delete the game any day now (I'm whimsical)

oh well, one last hc try in the new league. if I stick to dried lake instead of doing maps, I might have a chance, and maybe my brain turns to mush in the process and I won't care anymore ;-) now I just need a build... a build.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Nov 30, 2015, 9:01:24 AM
Oldschool Runescape,you welcome.
to me it sounds like you dont want to be happy with the game, honestly. When it gets like that and its hard to really have a positive take on anything thats a sure sign you need some time out.

Im not sure what the answer is tbh because everyones different. My suggestion would be to find a good audio book, slap on some headphones and go for walks. Its healthy so if you are not sure thats your thing you will benefit from it, even if only by getting a little exercise for a few days and remembering why you enjoy playing computer games non stop. I get bored of gaming, I decide to take a month or two off games and then 6 days later Ive got a passion to go play a game again and want to enjoy it, I feel enthusiastic, Im not looking to find problems or getting snagged on trivial things.
The problem for most ARPG's is that the end game gets boring at a certain point when you've mastered most of the content. The question is what do you consider a long time goal? I mean there is always stuff to do for the majority of PoE players besides the leagues and races. Getting a char to lvl 100, getting GG gear, or just simply try to come up with experimental builds which are based on rarely used skills/uniques.

PoE is probably the best ARPG when it comes to providing its players with new content in a timely manner. And I mean real content like new acts, quests, levels, skills and so. It just sounds as if u played too much. Just take a break and wait for Ascendancy ;).
This is a buff.
it isn't just arpgs. its every game. every game that technically doesn't want to have an end (arpgs, mmorpgs, etc) always get boring because they can never sustain the end game content. mmorpgs just make it much more of a grind to get to end game content, which artificially lengthens the game.

its the same story, it will never change, so kinda get used to it. at least with PoE im always refreshed with the continuous stream of build ideas that i need to test out. either i'll respec a character and play that build for a couple of months until its min/maxed, or i'll level a new character up to test it out.

each person will be different with what refreshes them, but i always end up coming back to PoE, myself, because its such a great game that really offers SOOOOOO much content and options in comparison to others
If you like retro stuff, take a look at Tree of Savior.
It's a new korean MMO still in closed beta but it's a lot of fun and really has that retro feeling I was looking for.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:14:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info