This is why im such a GGG supporter :)

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They're taking their game from the basic ARPG model and adding layers of complexity that the genre really doesn't need. Instead of focusing on making the basic elements (spell,melee,ranged) work in better balance, they're adding stuff like poison and these "ascendancy" classes that just make balance harder.

Melee needs work. But instead of that, they add more stuff making it even less melee than it was before. I still enjoy it, but it's so clunky. The hit boxes on some the monsters in act IV are really hard to select.

But the company is great. Support is top shelf. The development team is open about their work and responsive to people's questions and interests.

I just wish they'd focus more on making their game great rather than making their game "more".

Actually, I think they went with the ascendancy classes to simplify balancing for spell, melee and ranged. It's easier to balance everything when there is independence. Also, the main passive tree has become stable, so they have more energies to go and balance the rest.

Anyway, I don't disagree with your criticism, I just think it's not black and white. They have to add content AND balance. Until the game is not "full" enough we won't see true balance (that means, almost all the uniques added, maybe one or two acts more and a complete skill ecosystem). Some additions are there for a reason, even if it seem more (like ascendancy classes).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Nov 27, 2015, 1:11:22 PM
Yea hype!
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Spoiler
Yet again, Chris and all of the peeps have proven (even though GGG is no longer the small indie studio it was) that they deserve my unwavering loyalty and support!!!

Here is the extract from the support announcement:

Edit - Important Update from Chris:

"

Hello from Brazil!
Many people are disappointed with the value proposition of these new supporter packs. While I am personally very pleased with the new effects, and handled the pricing myself, I am very ready to admit I was wrong.
We will be adding portal effects to the two lowest packs and will be creating new weapon effects to go in all packs (four tiers total). Like with other recent packs, higher packs include all lower effects.
The team are hard at work on these new effects and we'll unveil them as soon as we can (next week?).
All packs purchased now will of course retroactively have the new effects added to them once they are ready.
Thanks again for your great support and the positive comments about the new packs. They just got a lot more tempting, I hope!

Second Edit:
The Ascendant Pack will now contain two art packs - one signed and one unsigned. There are 16 art-pieces in the art packs.

Love you peeps!

GG GGG!

I agree completely. I hope they add something to them to convince me to spend money. I'm not feeling the gargoyles for whatever reason.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
That's why I support them, I'd hate to see such a company die while companies that nickle and dime their customers at every opportunity get away with it and swim in money.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Heup is a paid GGG employee, im sure about that!

After each supporter pack release, he is here and advertises it :D
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Wadjet wrote:

Not sure how you're not a valued poster yet. Ive nominated you twice. Always insightful responses. imo.

Because VP must love everything abut GGG and post only positive replies. He dont like thier direction...if you wanna be VP you must love their direction !!! =)
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Agreed...i would have bought the pack regardless to support GGG but what i got out of it this time would be negligible...not anything i could see in game(and no i don't use my pets)

I really liked the portal effects but i wasn't prepared to spend that much.

Kinda feel sorry for GGG, they would have put a good bit of time and money into the effects only to have such a negative outcome(doesn't matter if it was justified)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
"
Wadjet wrote:

Not sure how you're not a valued poster yet. Ive nominated you twice. Always insightful responses. imo.

Because VP must love everything abut GGG and post only positive replies. He dont like thier direction...if you wanna be VP you must love their direction !!! =)

I'd doubt that...some people just value being able to say what they like in response to some posts without them feeling that they represent GGG's view on the matter.

Almost all of my post are in technical/bug reports(almost 10k of them) i could be offered the VP title but i would refuse, because sometime i just post as i feel like it regardless of it potentially being removed or edited by support.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 28, 2015, 11:32:48 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

They're taking their game from the basic ARPG model and adding layers of complexity that the genre really doesn't need. Instead of focusing on making the basic elements (spell,melee,ranged) work in better balance, they're adding stuff like poison and these "ascendancy" classes that just make balance harder.

Melee needs work. But instead of that, they add more stuff making it even less melee than it was before. I still enjoy it, but it's so clunky. The hit boxes on some the monsters in act IV are really hard to select.

But the company is great. Support is top shelf. The development team is open about their work and responsive to people's questions and interests.

I just wish they'd focus more on making their game great rather than making their game "more".

Me, and I believe a good portion of the player base, would probably quit if you "got your way". It's nice for the ground pounders who loves the game "as is", but I would hate the game to stagnate as a result of perfectionism.

I love melee as it is today. I don't see many problems with it. It's with my melee character I'm able to progress the most. I love spell damage for the pure damage, and I absolutely love my SA ranger. But I want changes, new stuff, new flavours. I love radical changes. I would soon quit if they started prioritizing their resources towards fixing bugs and balancing stuff.

Then again, I always love the newest stuff, looking for the bleeding edge.. Perhaps there are some deep rooted personality issues at play:)
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
GGG is kinda going into their own world, and slowly ,but surely are losing the touch with reality...

I can't believe this, but i agree with shagsbeard about this.

Instead more complexity we need simple,but elegant and working game mechanics..

For me the game is losing its charm and fast..

I think only the nolifers now comprehend completely the end game and the builds itself...

The divination cards were HUGE fail according to me. They make the uniques kinda casual and easy to get.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info