Extremely disappointed in no Black Friday Sale

"
joebagz wrote:
"Am i stupid or something"

GGG clearly said they weren't going to do this again. So in fact i think your the idiot here. Good job waiting for nothing and acting like a baby. In words you probably can understand "cry more noob"

[Removed by Support]

You are just mad because you know I am right.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Nov 27, 2015, 11:00:27 AM
Does anyone else appreciate the irony of whining about the lack of a Thanksgiving sale?
"
Onirinaute wrote:
"all around the world" might be a bit overdoing it.

Also, Valve and Blizzard are american companies, GGG is not.

Yeah because no company in Europe celebrates black friday.

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Dec 1, 2015, 7:14:13 AM
Look guys... I'm all for internationalization and globalization, but I honestly and humbly suggest that some Americans stop for a second, take a deep breath, and take notice of the following fact: things that happen in the US, are traditional in the US or were originated in the US, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT apply to the rest of the world.

There is no Thanksgiving Day in the entire world.

There is no Black Friday in the entire world.

Non-American companies or individuals who wish to adopt American traditions do so completely on their own discretion, and there are absolutely no expectations or assumptions that they MUST adopt said traditions.

Also, choosing not to adopt these traditions must not make these companies or individuals look bad to anybody's eyes. How would you feel if you were forced to adopt a tradition from a foreign culture, and people felt entitled to insist on you doing so?
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Nov 27, 2015, 11:09:46 AM
"
Look guys... I'm all for internationalization and globalization, but I honestly and humbly suggest that some Americans stop for a second, take a deep breath, and take notice of the following fact: things that happen in the US, are traditional in the US or were originated in the US, DO NOT, I repeat, NO NOT apply to the rest of the world.

There is no Thanksgiving Day in the entire world.

There is no Black Friday in the entire world.

Non-American companies or individuals who wish to adopt American traditions do so completely on their own discretion, and there are absolutely no expectations or assumptions that they MUST adopt said traditions.

Also, choosing not to adopt these traditions must not make these companies or individuals look bad to anybody's eyes. How would you feel if you were forced to adopt a tradition from a foreign culture, and people felt entitled to insist on you doing so?

Rational responses have been proven to have absolutely no impact on irrational people.

Spoiler
solid post though /tips hat

Example provided in 1...2....3...

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
^ then GGG should move POE off steam, if you want to use their business to your convenience but can't show some respect for them then you should not be doing business with them.

There is nothing wrong with giving back and being thankful at this time of the year these are values we should all incorporate.

Damned, should have left out the 2...3...

/myfail

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Reading this thread makes it sound like GGG should not have done a sale last year at all...
"
TriniGamer wrote:
^ then GGG should move POE off steam, if you want to use their business to your convenience but can't show some respect for them then you should not be doing business with them.

There is nothing wrong with giving back and being thankful at this time of the year these are values we should all incorporate.

I have no idea about how things work with Steam but I don't think there would be a part of their contract saying "You must have a Black Friday sale to make use of Steam for your company".

"There is nothing wrong with giving back and being thankful at this time of the year these are values we should all incorporate."

I agree that positive values should be incorporated by everyone, but this is a more complex issue than that. In some countries, women being prohibited to show any skin is a value. It is considered a positive value for people in those countries. Maybe they feel like you should incorporate that. How would you feel about it?

To me, Black Friday sounds like a gigantic wave of consumerism that has nothing to do with giving anything back. I cannot see the positive value in it at all. I would even dare say that companies do not cut prices to the point that they lose profits, so they are not exactly donating anything or "giving it all back to the community". They are actually promoting themselves.

But that may be just because I'm from a different culture and for you guys Black Friday is actually a very nice and generous thing.
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Nov 27, 2015, 11:08:29 AM
"

To me, Black Friday sounds like a gigantic wave of consumerism that has nothing to do with giving anything back. I cannot see the positive value in it at all. I would even dare say that companies do not cut prices to the point that they lose profits, so they are not exactly donating anything or "giving it all back to the community". They are actually promoting themselves.

But that may be just because I'm from a different culture and tofor you guys Black Friday is actually a very nice and generous thing.

I live in the US and this is an accurate description. Companies don't "give back" on black Friday, they usually hit sales records. It's all about encouraging people to buy shit and clearing out inventory to make way for next years goods. TriniGamer had either bought into the bullshit justification for the sales or is trolling. Any company that runs a Black Friday sale does so because they think it's the most profitable way to run their business, it has nothing to do with the spirit of whatever holiday they're timing the sale with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info