Extremely disappointed in no Black Friday Sale

I have no idea about what it means to "wait the whole year to buy something". This is a concept I do not grasp at all. It's so weird.

By the way, just to make sure everybody is at least a little informed: as far as I know, only Americans and Canadians celebrate thanksgiving. Also as far as I know, it's supposed to be a religious celebration of the christian god and a way to be thankful for good things that happened during the year. Somehow, people managed to associate this with gigantic consumerism. Oh well...
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Nov 27, 2015, 8:55:29 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
I don't see what is the issue here. If you are a civilized country you will have no problem celebrating Thanksgiving! Every civilized country I know off, celebrates thanksgiving. Even in the Caribbean! If the Caribbean can celebrate thanks giving why not US Allies?

It is a time to be thankful and give, if you do not celebrate thanks giving then something is seriously wrong with your country.

Everyone should strive to be like the Yanks. Giving!!! ever heard the saying America feeds the world? well its actually true.

If everyone followed the Yanks and try to copy them we would be in a much better world today.

I cannot believe GGG would be so stingy in a time of giving like this.

New Zealand doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, I would expect American owned and operated companies to celebrate the festivities. Be mindful that thanksgiving is traditionally a American tradition. Most of the world don't celebrate it.

GGG also runs daily sales on all sorts of goodies, from Infernal Weapon Effect to complete armor sets.
#NeverGoing90
I find it quite intersting to note that the majority of the people complaing about "No black friday sale" are people who have no supporter tags next to there name. This could be that they choose not to show said tags but im willing to bet most havent even bought a single pack yet cry when a NZ company chooses to not follow what is very much a USA custom? please wake up and look around the world does not revolve around the USA despite what you may think.

/endrant

ItsCallidus
Man's Hurbris is such a fickle thing.
Last edited by Bipolar_Panda on Nov 27, 2015, 9:08:33 AM
"

By the way, just to make sure everybody is at least a little informed: as far as I know, only Americans and Canadians celebrate thanksgiving. Also as far as I know, it's supposed to be a religious celebration of the christian god and a way to be thankful for good things that happened during the year. Somehow, people managed to associate this with gigantic consumerism. Oh well...

If you want to inform people, at least get your facts right. Thanksgiving does NOT have its roots in religious celebration. It's to give thanks for a good harvest.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Farin wrote:
if you are buying stuff to show how you supported the game and that you have spent xxxxx $ on it ... well good for you i quess hope you got enough of "OH he is so rich, and supported this game so much...."

i was just explaining that i see these as different things but of course you're right that other people (like you) don't see a difference between them at all.

but that doesn't change the way i see it because i mostly don't care what other people think when forming my opinion about something.

"
Farin wrote:

But when you have to spend more than 40$ on single set ...its way to expensive, and F2P game argument is very bad here since they could earn 2-3x more with normal prices.

and i think that argument is wrong.

first, there is a saturation for the amount of effects "i just want to look good" - players will buy overall, they get there cheaper? then ggg loses income. also, players who would have spent the money anyway get to their saturation point faster and stop spending.
this leaves only the minority of players who feels the need to support the game in the first place, which imho is nearly extinct when i read the comments here and on reddit.

second there is another saturation effect ingame, if everybody is full of golden bling bling which even came for free sometimes, the incentive to make a difference (which is the only incentive for most players) inverts itself, in the extreme you only look different if you have no mtx at all.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 27, 2015, 9:25:46 AM
"
Me eating this giant turkey is fine enough nom nom

lmfao...
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
Jerle wrote:
"

If you want to inform people, at least get your facts right. Thanksgiving does NOT have its roots in religious celebration. It's to give thanks for a good harvest.

Fair enough. I'm not American so I've never been told what it actually means or its roots. I did a quick Google search and thought it was related to religion, which it is, I think, to some extent.

In any case, my point was that people seem to focus on the Black Friday rather than on the real meaning of the celebration, whatever that is. From the posts I've read in these forums, it seems like people think that celebrating thanksgiving = going to a store to buy stuff. Which is what, in my opinion, sounds weird.
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Nov 27, 2015, 10:09:21 AM
"
StDrakeX wrote:
Look at that American god complex you're spewing out, it's quite hilarious

And I can assure you had the Americans not given a shit about the world you would not even had the chance to be imprisoned in a soviet gulag you would be very much speaking German.

The American hate is cool because the liberal left has no clue of what price the Americans paid so liberals can freely talk their anti American rubbish.

I find it quite amusing that you seem clueless about Black Friday when its very much celebrated in the UK but let me guess its another American imperialist ally bla bla bla bla some of you nut cases and your propaganda BS.

Yeah why celebrate a time of giving, thats too civilized for some of you selfish twats apparently.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Nov 27, 2015, 10:31:13 AM
"
Farin wrote:
Im from EU also...so i dont get that @Murican@ thing- and in generall it seem that being from US is very bad here in POE...why so much hate - i have no idea...

+ Black Friday is a thing even in EU so...

There is something very arrogant about New Zealanders and their perception of the Americans I would suspect.

GGG wants to pretend that they know nothing about America and thanksgiving is of no meaning to them, yet this same CEO from this company was all over the USA trying to promote this game, begging the Americans to play it.

If you don't respect the Americans why did you go that length to get them to play your game huh? maybe you should have remained in Europe but ow wait you wanted the Americans to get on board because you know thats where the real money is.

Aah yes the Americans are only friends when people can get something out of them.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Nov 27, 2015, 10:40:34 AM
Ya, lame. I was planning to spend. I guess it's because of the supporter pack timing.

Oh well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info