5 Link and 6 Link question.

At what minimum level can you get 5 link and 6 link item's. I just made it to cruel for the first time and I find myself at a point where a 5 link would DRAMATICALLY increase my dps.
I got a 5 socket to drop for me once but I forgot to /itemlevel it like the baddie I am.

Also, how much do these go for usually.
Last bumped on Feb 9, 2017, 5:37:55 PM
i finished merciless a3 with my main char and reached lvl 60 with my twink, played a few maps and NEVER saw a 5 link drop.

plenty of 6 socket weapons, but 4 links maximum.

if you really need one (not in cruel) and have around 100 fusings in your stash you could try crafting one.

i copied this from the forums some time ago, not sure how accurate it is:

Item level needed for number of sockets (research ongoing)
1 socket : 1
2 sockets: 1
3 sockets: 15
4 sockets: 28
5 sockets: 35
6 sockets: 50 (lowest seen so far)
I just got into act 1 Cruel and I just feel like if I had a 5 link I could be doing many time's more dps, cus right now my Zimbies don't have minion damage do that's 50%+ missing damage on them at my level. Looking to have Life on hit + Zombie + Specter + Minion Health + Minion Damage. Then put minion speed and damage on Skeleton Totem. I might be wrong but I think that's how you do it.

Thank's for the info!
I have just hit lvl 70 on my witch and have never seen a 5 link. People also tell me I am unlucky to have only ever seen 2 GCP drop in all my play time (also have a lvl 41 Marauder and 20 Ranger). 5L seems *really* rare (nevermind 6L) .. been farming merciless docks for days and I am getting desperate.. Has anyone ever actually seen a 5L at the vendors? Was just wondering if this is possible, unlikely as it may be.
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
Forget what stream I was listening too at the time, I think Kripparrian's, he said every Merciless and act 3 cruel "CAN" have 6L in vendor's. I'm not high enough too attest to this but I got no reason to doubt people who have played for alot longer than me.
I'm level 40 and before I leveled I got a 5 socket drop, but it had no link's so I just vendored it. :(
"
Daegon wrote:
I have just hit lvl 70 on my witch and have never seen a 5 link. People also tell me I am unlucky to have only ever seen 2 GCP drop in all my play time (also have a lvl 41 Marauder and 20 Ranger). 5L seems *really* rare (nevermind 6L) .. been farming merciless docks for days and I am getting desperate.. Has anyone ever actually seen a 5L at the vendors? Was just wondering if this is possible, unlikely as it may be.

Yes you can get 5 or 6 links from vendor, but it's very rare as it should be.
I found 5 link frontier leather armour from vendor about week ago, which made my day. :)

This dropped for me in Cruel Ledge. The rest of the party was freaking out, but I was the one to get it. Still unsure if I should use or sell it. I'm sure I could get a lot from the right person, despite it's low level. Only one I've seen drop, playing for months.

The silent majority.
That chest is the EXACT chest I need, the links and sockets are perfect for what i need it for.
Just wish I wasnt dead broke so i could give you a good offer.
I could give you like 3 fusings and a 15 quality whirling blades. I think that's about the extent of my wealth right now. :(
Vendor 40% quality of those whirling blades and get a gcp!
"
Epicine wrote:
"
Daegon wrote:

Yes you can get 5 or 6 links from vendor, but it's very rare as it should be.
I found 5 link frontier leather armour from vendor about week ago, which made my day. :)

Thank you for the reply and info mate.. I will keep checking cruel and merciless vendors every time I level :)
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info