(3.9) CI 9.7k ES/Eva/Block Hybrid Flicker Strike/ Blade Flurry Trickster BUFFED

Would you say that something like this is a decent upgrade from Bino for those that cannot afford a 350DPS dagger?
"
tainium wrote:
Would you say that something like this is a decent upgrade from Bino for those that cannot afford a 350DPS dagger?

it would work, i'm pretty sure!
Last edited by Toma_Hawk on Dec 16, 2016, 9:36:33 AM
"
tainium wrote:

In my opinion binos are much better as the critchance provides much higher consistency, currently im using crit chance gem for the same reason, i have a lot higher dps with crit multi gem but the difference is absolutely huge when you play with 70 or 95% crit chance, unless you can hit 95% dont use these over binos!

-----------------------------------

Thanks for the guide tomahawk, it is everything i hoped flicker strike would be after bloodrage nerf.

I have a few questions regarding my stage and what should i proceed with gear wise.

My Gear

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAV9BbUJIA5IEHsRLxFQEZYV1xaqFr8ZihqPG60i6iL0JP0qCyo4KwosvyzhLVU1uTfUOq090T3iPs9HBklRSbFMg1FHVP5WY1b1XfJfamqMbAhsC20ZbWxvhHBScFZw1HSBdf14rnsUfeN_xoCzhG-GrowLjb-Oio_6kBuRR5MnlLiX0JoToS-i2aOjpyusZrDYsbO0xbVIuT65fL3mvjq-isLswzrIFNDQ1ELXz9h22xrbbtvU2-fi1edU53To1utj7BjssO0_7UHviPDV8Yr1b_ba-Tf5Y_mk-wn_HP_e?accountName=DevilsmilE&characterName=AkaTheSlashing

Currently im sitting at 7400 ES and 13000 evasion, flicker strike is 29k avg damage with flasks and charges.
Im planning to grab a taste of hate but unsure what flasks should i change given my state, diamond is imo necessary as it makes ALL the difference between getting the crit on the first pack or not. Should i drop basalt or stibnite? I have trouble against certain physical bosses, i just cant outleech them yet as my damage is nowhere near yours, stibnite helps a lot on those fights as its very lost cost and easy to maintain, but basalt on the otherhand helps with overall sustain so im kinda torn what would be the ideal choice, what would you recommend?

Also im currently using Blade Flurry for single target against bosses but i often found myself leeching way to little and ending up dead, how do you manage not getting stunned in those situations if you run out of flask charges?

Would you recommend another single target setup besides bladeflurry? (BF AddedF MeleePH MPHonFullL LLeech CritCh)

Mind you im only 83 as of yet so i still have a few points to improve with. Im finding myself hitting a wall with gear upgrades, my next step would be getting 2 similar rings with open prefixes for the ES.
Is there an obvious gearing flaw i didnt notice or is it simply the quality of gear im finding myself struggling against high damage single target enemies?

Thanks in advance!
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Dec 16, 2016, 11:11:57 AM
@DevilsmilE

In general everything looks alright.

If you have problems with leech, you can try to get it on gear/ jewel's or use a vaal discipline, which basically works like a flask.

Also a red. dmg. taken from dmg. over time on shield would help since you degen less.

I don't use a Single Target setup, what i do is recharging with frenzy and then flicker again.

This works good except for the t16 bosses and shaper which just have so much more health.

Well the Basalt Flask seems to be the one you can swap out for Taste of Hate.
Since it does help with Phys. Mitigation and also provides dps.

I hope this help's until you find better gear.
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
@DevilsmilE

In general everything looks alright.

If you have problems with leech, you can try to get it on gear/ jewel's or use a vaal discipline, which basically works like a flask.

Also a red. dmg. taken from dmg. over time on shield would help since you degen less.

I don't use a Single Target setup, what i do is recharging with frenzy and then flicker again.

This works good except for the t16 bosses and shaper which just have so much more health.

Well the Basalt Flask seems to be the one you can swap out for Taste of Hate.
Since it does help with Phys. Mitigation and also provides dps.

I hope this help's until you find better gear.

Thanks for the feedback! I just started to get into higher level of maps and it seems that i will indeed have to play around with my frenzy links a bit to be able to just recharge and flicker as it seemed to work the best. Im still not used to my lot higher dps as today i managed so many things i literally doubled my dps, 6linked and succesfully chrommed my chest under an ex, got frenzy charge on my boots with 1 vaal orb, got a fiend drop which helped me getting the stun flask so i could drop chayula in favour of the new ammy, and went from 10k to 17k avg damage in hideout.

Flicker was my favourite skill since open beta when i first saw Invalescos CI Flicker strike shadow build. I have tried countless of different builds but since the bloodrage nerf it always was just a fun build that fell off once you got into higher maps.
Honestly i feel that your version is ultimate version of flicker strike, as it remedies most of the problems that come with the build and take a new approach with going high evasion on top of CI, this never occurred to me as i felt that you would have to sacrifice too much.
You helped me bask in nostalgia once again and for that i have to thank you sincerely!
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
From the guide:
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:

To get used to beeing CI i have some Advice for you:

Use Vaal Discipline, Remove Blood Rage Gem out of it's socket. This will stop the Debuff or Simply put it into your weapon /shield and press Weapon Swap two times.
This will also stop the Debuf.

To Counter the Degen itself, you can Craft "Reduced Damage Taken from Damage over Time" at the Leo Bench (level 3)

So once we go CI, we no longer use Blood Rage at all (removed from socket), and replace it with Vaal Discipline? The gem setup indicates we still use Blood Rage so this text confuses me.
@tainium

Haha :D

NO! You remove the gem, Blood Rage stop's to degen. THEN you put it back in!

It's a way to stop blood rage while you can't outleech it/ can't use vaal discipline

Try it, you will understand it while doing it.

Use blood rage wai 2sec. remove the gem, put it back in.
how do you deal with stun? i keep getting hit once stunned then dead :( at 7.4k but still needing a better chest (have new skin of loyal)
i cant afford the flasks yet cause each of them is over a EX in the temp league
currently lvl 80
Last edited by chewychunga on Dec 17, 2016, 12:25:10 AM
"
chewychunga wrote:
how do you deal with stun? i keep getting hit once stunned then dead :( at 7.4k but still needing a better chest (have new skin of loyal)
i cant afford the flasks yet cause each of them is over a EX in the temp league
currently lvl 80
before i got kiaras determination i used to use a chayula, i think some kind of stun immunity is mandatory
@DevilsmilE

Always glad to read when someone enjoy's my build, cheers.

And yeah as you wrote, Eye of Chayula until you get Kiara's determination Or/And enough evasion/block.

Also you can get the Stun avoidance enchant on boots.

It's also a way of playstyle. Try to start on the edge of Mob-Packs instead of attacking all of them at once.

Since Flicker Strike has it's own idea where you will be while attacking. stop flicker-ing and reposition and then attack again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info