Elementalist - Flameblast Vortex Arc Fire Storm Ice Nova Ball Lightning, strong and cheap vid guide

"
Merneith wrote:
How is Vortex holding up? I really liked that skill in 2.3. Is is still fun use with the Elemental Conflux change?

Vortex is still fine, Elementa conflux change lowered dmg for normal clearing of trash mobs but Now it allow to get burning and shock on bosses so it is nerf for one thing but buff for other :)
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Yo! I like Ball Lightning but it's a bit too slow to me with the slower projectile support gem...is that fully necessarry or could I replace that with something else and get some faster projecting lightning balls?
"
Adzuki wrote:
Yo! I like Ball Lightning but it's a bit too slow to me with the slower projectile support gem...is that fully necessarry or could I replace that with something else and get some faster projecting lightning balls?

Ball Lightning > controlled destruction support > Lightning Penetration

It's one of the reasons im using the cold varient of this build instead, i find ball lightning just way too slow :(.
Hi,

1)

Thanks for the complete build, it is really well explained. I want to play Hardcore Essence League, is it possible for you to link 3 or 4 POEPLANNER tree focused for Hardcore players?
Like, lvl 1-30 : Link tree, lvl 31-60 link tree, lvl 61-70, link tree and endgame tree?

2)

I can't make up my mind on which skill I will use. So far I have played Flameblast ele prolif last season, firestorm the other season before, tried ball lightning (didn't go endgame tho) but I have never tried Vortex.

What do you suggest if I want a good clearing speed for maps and not be completely useless on boss. (I don't need a boss killer build like Atziri and stuff...).

THanks in advance. Keep up your good work.
"
1) Thanks for the complete build, it is really well explained. I want to play Hardcore Essence League, is it possible for you to link 3 or 4 POEPLANNER tree focused for Hardcore players?
Like, lvl 1-30 : Link tree, lvl 31-60 link tree, lvl 61-70, link tree and endgame tree?

2) I can't make up my mind on which skill I will use. So far I have played Flameblast ele prolif last season, firestorm the other season before, tried ball lightning (didn't go endgame tho) but I have never tried Vortex.

What do you suggest if I want a good clearing speed for maps and not be completely useless on boss. (I don't need a boss killer build like Atziri and stuff...).

Thanks in advance. Keep up your good work.

Hi, sorry for late answer. I have not played HC but IF I would then I would use the same tree, in previous tree I have used it on leveling and my 2nd death was in merci act 2 to freezing boss, 1st one was to afking while changing zones

http://i.imgur.com/6csj16E.png - tree colored for leveling

2. Vortex is good for clearing packs and good chill effect is nice to have on bosses. Ice nova is also nice but can have high mana cost. For bosses I just swaped inc aoe to conc aoe gem to get a lot more dmg.

Now I'm playing this build with lightning nova and I think it got even better DPS for bosses because of almost guaranteed shock. And just use conc effect gem instead of faster casting for bosses. But it also require a bit of positioning.

Gear I'm using at the moment

and stats (this is my firs character with over 10k effective hp pool but it des not have the highest dmg)
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 14, 2016, 2:59:59 PM
This is my first real season playing and I'm liking this build. Are any of the main damage spells objectively better than the others or is it just about the feel?

I've been playing a Firestorm version and wondering if there's another spell that would be better? I have a 6 link so I don't know if that changes anything (just using it for Item Rarity atm).

Also I am really feeling squishy at tier 11+ despite sitting at 5k life. Is this build meant to go that high or higher? I'm capped on resistances but still sometimes get one-shot.
"
SplicerX wrote:
This is my first real season playing and I'm liking this build. Are any of the main damage spells objectively better than the others or is it just about the feel?

I've been playing a Firestorm version and wondering if there's another spell that would be better? I have a 6 link so I don't know if that changes anything (just using it for Item Rarity atm).

Also I am really feeling squishy at tier 11+ despite sitting at 5k life. Is this build meant to go that high or higher? I'm capped on resistances but still sometimes get one-shot.

IDk if any spell is better than other. In previous league I did up to tier 14 maps.
IF you got 5k then you should focus on getting energy shield, also remember about using decoy totems and flame dash.
what's the idea behind getting the "frost walker" node? Just supposed to get whichever node pertains to your main skill?

"
"
Adzuki wrote:

It's one of the reasons im using the cold varient of this build instead, i find ball lightning just way too slow :(.

wouldn't controlled destruction support cancel critical hits, making elemental overload (40% elemental damage boost if you've crit in the previous 8 seconds) irrelevant?

"
Adzuki wrote:
what's the idea behind getting the "frost walker" node? Just supposed to get whichever node pertains to your main skill?

"
"
Adzuki wrote:

wouldn't controlled destruction support cancel critical hits, making elemental overload (40% elemental damage boost if you've crit in the previous 8 seconds) irrelevant?

IT does not reduce crit chance to 0. Now im running Shock nova. Without gem i have 7,2% crit chance. With gem it is 5%.
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 18, 2016, 1:32:59 PM
I see! thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info