Elementalist - Flameblast Vortex Arc Fire Storm Ice Nova Ball Lightning, strong and cheap vid guide

Hey, I'll try this build from the start, unlike the last time when i just respecd.

What do you recomend? Elementalist or Occultist? I feel like this build is made for occultist haha
"
smileistheway wrote:
Hey, I'll try this build from the start, unlike the last time when i just respecd.

What do you recomend? Elementalist or Occultist? I feel like this build is made for occultist haha

Elementalist is better. You can use 4 curses and do reflect maps.

Doing reflect maps is big advantage. I can run reflect map without any problem with "Paragon of Calamity" ascendancy point and Sybul's lament.

I will upload quick vid about it if I will find my microphone (can't find it after I have moved to new place).
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jun 6, 2016, 3:55:18 AM
Um... Occultist gives you +1 curse, not Elementalist. How do you get 4 curses without Occultist? Corrupted ammy?

Windscream + Doedre + given one curse = 3 curse...
Do you take the +1 curse from tree? Or use ammy? I'm confused...
Last edited by Fire309 on Jun 7, 2016, 8:36:05 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
Um... Occultist gives you +1 curse, not Elementalist. How do you get 4 curses without Occultist? Corrupted ammy?

Windscream + Doedre + given one curse = 3 curse...
Do you take the +1 curse from tree? Or use ammy? I'm confused...

curses on elementalist::
1. from character itself
2. from ring
3. from boots
4. from tree
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU76AdsHaDM

Paragon of Calamity - Elementalist in Reflect Map

So paragon of Calimity is now very good with Sybil's lament ring doing reflect maps is very easy.

question from player who play this build:

"
My new question is, for what passives would you go later in the game? I'm in the part where I'm done with opening the gem slots.

The best is going for energy shield, there are nodes near witch start and near +1 curse node that give a bit less ES but also you will get +1 max lightning resists

I'm going to add es nodes to tree in guide
Why don't we just manually cast Enfeeble? It's just one curse, after all, and not having it on CWDT makes the effect stronger, as we can level Enfeeble higher, right?

Also, someone gave me a +1 curse amulet:

Should I swap out Windscream or Doedres, or have both and skip out on passive tree curse?
"
Fire309 wrote:
Why don't we just manually cast Enfeeble? It's just one curse, after all, and not having it on CWDT makes the effect stronger, as we can level Enfeeble higher, right?

Also, someone gave me a +1 curse amulet:

Should I swap out Windscream or Doedres, or have both and skip out on passive tree curse?

with manual cast you would have to 2 thing before dealing real damage, Enfeeble on CWDT is good enough and much simpler to use.

About amulet.
I would probably use it instead of boots or ring. Look on poe trade and and check if rare ring or bots will give you more defence/offence

Ring can give more offence with increased cast speed and lightning damage but boots can give more life/ess and movement speed.

But you can drop +1 curse node and get life/ES nodes from tree but it will cost you losing some curse effectivnes.

It all depend on what your build is lacking at the moment.
Sorry, another question. I see that you're using Heartbreaker in your current build. Would Doryani Catalyst be better, rare wand/scepter, or Heartbreaker? I personally like Heartbreaker for the cull and es, but I see how it might not be the best dps option. Your thoughts? I mean like cheaper, non-mirror wand :D I think others might have this question too?
"
Fire309 wrote:
Sorry, another question. I see that you're using Heartbreaker in your current build. Would Doryani Catalyst be better, rare wand/scepter, or Heartbreaker? I personally like Heartbreaker for the cull and es, but I see how it might not be the best dps option. Your thoughts? I mean like cheaper, non-mirror wand :D I think others might have this question too?

Hi. Good wand/sceptre would give more damage for sure. I'm using dagger only because it allow to use Whirling blades, it is hearthbreaker becasue it happens that I found it on my own :D and it gave me more dmg than previous dagger I have been using.

On my other Ball lightning build I have been using these wands:
If you have more question don't worry about asking them I will be happy to answer them :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info