(2.2) Demopolos' Windripper: 197k LA Chain/270k SA Chain/300k TS/821k Burning Arrow

153k LA chain multiplied by 4.2k HP = level 93 after playing the same character for over a year?

I don't understand what you guys do with a build like this? Run a few blue T10 maps, die to Merveil, and then call it a day, great success?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
I've been thinking about doing LA Windripper as my next build. Don't have too much of the gear yet, but what are your thoughts on using a Kaom's chest and losing a 6l?

Crafted this helmet today to make up for the lost of resists on the chest:

I think that a Kaom's chest is a really viable option if you min/max around it. Beautiful rare helm there!

If you play with only a single 6L, I would use TS as it is very strong for both AOE and single target.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
153k LA chain multiplied by 4.2k HP = level 93 after playing the same character for over a year?

I don't understand what you guys do with a build like this? Run a few blue T10 maps, die to Merveil, and then call it a day, great success?

Well hello! Thanks for checking out my build bud, I've really enjoyed your CoC hybrid post.

Your comment isn't very constructive... I am not sure if you're criticizing my build itself, or me personally for not having taken the time to level it to 100? Please, let me know your intention here.

The build is pretty easy to level; I did levels 91-93 on one death... and that death was my fault (standing in chaos damage) and easily avoidable. Like most endgame bow builds with comparable stats, this would not be a hard one to climb with. You can check out the videos in the OP and see that it's obviously a very relaxed and strong setup to play, even with my admittedly mediocre skillz.

I have 5 characters I have been tuning (4 of which are posted builds on the forums), and really like experimenting with/hunting for gear and min-maxing my setups. I haven't chosen to spend most of my time in PoE grinding out levels after I hit lvl 92-93, though I will probably make a push for 100 on my CoC character (since I find it particularly fun). Everyone enjoys different things in their gaming experience.
What about ice shot? i love elemental builds im fan of ice shot
"
What about ice shot? i love elemental builds im fan of ice shot

Ice shot is solid, but when compared to split/chain or light arrow/gmp/chain, is just not as efficient for clear speed in my experience.

That being said, ice shot works great with this setup. It's completely viable, and if you enjoy it, you should definitely use it!
So I finished the build I've been playing and put together something similar to yours. I only got to play a few maps, but the dps is significantly lower than expected. You can check my profile for the character ImmortalStrike

From what I saw you have about 26% projectile damage, 1% attack speed, 12% attack damage and 40% crit chance on the tree that I don't.
On gear you have around 70 flat lightning dmg, 40 flat cold dmg, 60% multi, 65% crit chance, 500 accuracy, +1 arrow and a small amount of wed/as.
Finaly you have +1 level on LA, GMP, Chain, Added Lightning and WED, but I'm guessing that's not as significant as the other stuff. I can also cover the tree differences if I spec out of some unnecessary points.
The main difference is the gear, but I had a very hard time finding stuff better than mine that wasn't mirrored. It might be possible if I didn't try to get as much life as possible, but if I still want life, it would appear mirrored gear is the only option.

Single target dps is also quite terrible. Gonna have to carry around gems to swap in for bosses which is not optimal.

"
So I finished the build I've been playing and put together something similar to yours. I only got to play a few maps, but the dps is significantly lower than expected. You can check my profile for the character ImmortalStrike

From what I saw you have about 26% projectile damage, 1% attack speed, 12% attack damage and 40% crit chance on the tree that I don't.
On gear you have around 70 flat lightning dmg, 40 flat cold dmg, 60% multi, 65% crit chance, 500 accuracy, +1 arrow and a small amount of wed/as.
Finaly you have +1 level on LA, GMP, Chain, Added Lightning and WED, but I'm guessing that's not as significant as the other stuff. I can also cover the tree differences if I spec out of some unnecessary points.
The main difference is the gear, but I had a very hard time finding stuff better than mine that wasn't mirrored. It might be possible if I didn't try to get as much life as possible, but if I still want life, it would appear mirrored gear is the only option.

Single target dps is also quite terrible. Gonna have to carry around gems to swap in for bosses which is not optimal.

I took a look, and you do indeed have some pretty nice gear! I am surprised that you don't find your character to be performing.

By using Kaom's you do necessitate the use of TS, since it can go both single target and AoE... but this does weaken single target relative to 2 6L due to lack of blast rain/burning arrow.

All of the offensive stats that you mentioned, when coupled with the gem levels (particularly added light/cold) you are missing, do add up to a lot of lost dps. This all being said, I go up to 240k fully buffed TS with my setup... you should still have 140k or higher? What is your fully buffed TS doing in dps?

I am surprised that anyone would call 100k+ TS to be "terrible" dps, as it's more than enough to best all of the content in the game. It might be slightly slow on some endgame bosses, as you are using an AoE skill for single target (different setup than in my OP).

For example, here is me killing village ruin bosses with my AoE skill (LA) with no charges... I have something like 70-75k listed dps in this video (should be fairly comparable to a 110k or so TS for single target?):

(2.1) 79 Village Ruin (boss kill)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6inkf2C180

The kaom's is really good for tankiness. If you want more damage/clear speed, nothing really beats light arrow/split arrow for AoE, and blast rain/burning arrow at single target. If you went this route you could pick up more res/eva on chest, and possibly get higher dps on other slots due to the freed up res. This would allow you to pick up rat's nest for 75 crit and 10 speed... which is a ton of dps.

I noticed you have an easy 2 ex damage boost by rerolling the master craft on your one rare ring (tempest knot), and swapping flat phys to flat lightning damage.

I am not really sure what else to say... you have a bow build with dps that many people would envy, but you are finding it slow. It seems like you just don't like the effect of using TS for both single target and AoE damage, which I understand, but you at the same time seem attached to huge life pool via your chest. Let me know if you have any specific questions, or build options you would like input on.

Legacy Kaom's Heart is a superior choice of chest for this build. You don't have to fall back on TS at all. SA and LA are perfectly fine. Just use a secondary bow and blast rain with 1-click swap, problem resolved. The resultant 7500+ life is way more valuable than the handful of res easily made up elsewhere. Survivability will be through the roof and you don't even need reflect mitigation any more. Because you have so much life that reflect will never one shot you. Drop acuity for legacy 50/50 maligaro, drop Vaal pact and some life leech for more dps. No brainier.
"
enigmyth wrote:
Legacy Kaom's Heart is a superior choice of chest for this build. You don't have to fall back on TS at all. SA and LA are perfectly fine. Just use a secondary bow and blast rain with 1-click swap, problem resolved. The resultant 7500+ life is way more valuable than the handful of res easily made up elsewhere. Survivability will be through the roof and you don't even need reflect mitigation any more. Because you have so much life that reflect will never one shot you. Drop acuity for legacy 50/50 maligaro, drop Vaal pact and some life leech for more dps. No brainier.

Totally agree, legacy Kaom's is the BiS defensive chest for the build. I'd be using it if i owned one. And as you said, having a 2nd bow is the most convenient way to swap if budget is not an issue.

It seemed like Exiled_Wanderer was adverse to swapping gear/gems in general, so that's why I suggested a 2 6L setup.
I had still only tried Lightning Arrow when I made that post. I gave Tornado Shot a go today which felt alright. The damage is decent and also functions as alright single target. With that I have 97k dps with charges, 126k fully buffed, but that's almost half of yours. I can't understand how the difference is that massive.

Based on the offensive stats in your screenshot, I have about the same chance to hit, attack speed and crit multiplier, yet you somehow do double my dps. I understand that flat ele dmg is important, but we're taking more than 100k difference in dps. That just doesn't seem right. There must be something else I don't have. Not sure what it is, but I will be thinking about investing more heavily into jewelry in the near future.

Also, I do have a 2nd Windripper (not with +power charge though), but giving up offhand gem leveling feels wrong. I have been carrying 2-3 gems with me that I swap in for certain bosses since I still mostly use LA (65k dps on LA, 87k fully buffed). I just like the feel of LA much more, even though it requires a gem swap for single target.

Edit: As for why 100k dps doesn't seem like enough, I have been playing reave for a few months now which has 10k ES with 590k aoe, 940k conc effect dps. I will always compare new builds to what I've previously played, and it's very hard to compete with high-end reave.
Last edited by Exiled_Wanderer on Feb 13, 2016, 12:48:20 AM
I am selling my full legacy WR gear. This includes all gear, jewels, gems (almost all of them 20/20).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1589402

B/O is 80 ex. pm me if interested!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info