Item Development - Threshold Jewels

What do I think? I think your game is spiraling out of your control at an ever increasing rate and it will shortly cease to be fun at all. You're ruining your game by loading it down with more and more stuff that no one really needed to enjoy the game in the first place.
Hi. Humbly I suggest you stop wasting time on new jewels when the game lacks / is suffering from
A) No Combat parsing
B) No paper doll
C) Incorrect item tool-tips for many many gems and skills
D) Performance issues related to the sounds /oggs
E) Performance issues related to the server clusters
F) Performance issues related to loading of assets
G) Performance issues related to DX9
H) Performance issues related to coding and the improperly assigned value of addressing issues that have cropped up
I) Performance issues related to ATI video drivers
J) Performance issues related to speculars and sparklies that literally add zero to the game, and the attendant performance issues are not only annoying, but moreover make it impossible for people to play hardcore modes, making the economies suffer from a dearth of players
K) Performance issues related to ItemID/ServerID communication and the lewt esplosions that can lock up a system, even with a loot filter in operation
L) Performance issues related to the Loading of MTX effects on exiles

I could go on, but I think you get me.

Please fix the "game", and not just "some jewels/gems".

I thought the mandate was less about mandatory gems, jewels, etc?

The addition of these jewels seems totally unwarranted.
I am really hoping there is one for Spark!
Why would you use the new Steel spirit gem.. math indicates its much worse then using 5 cheap blue jewels with 2 damage affixes.

So simple math.. lets say you allocate 5 jewel sockets in your passive tree.. and then put 5 of the new Steel Spirit jewel in.
That means that you will gain 20% increased damage per mob hit for each projectile. Sounds amazing.. means that with 10 mobs hit you'll gain 200% damage on the last mob hit.. awesome.. but then you consider..
u can get 10% proj damage and 1 other damage modifier for your weapon incredibly easy for a minimal of 20% increased damage.. so you take those same jewel sockets.. that can also have added health etc.. and u multiply it u get 100% damage increase.. and then you consider the nature of spectral throw.. i.e 2 hits.. u get 200% more damage .. or the maximum possible you could get out of the Steel spirit jewel.. only having to hit each mob 2 times.. but always getting full damage on every mob.. where is the benefit for 4% why would u use this jewel?

Something like 8% would make it possibly worth it.. making the possible damage far exceed what you could already reasonably expect to obtain anyways.
Last edited by Hallagenic on Nov 17, 2015, 11:26:48 PM
"
Hallagenic wrote:
Something like 8% would make it possibly worth it
I'd rather they give it more flavour than just damage. Some examples could be: Extra projectile, Projectile Speed, Projectile width, or Spectral Throw Projectiles can pass through walls after hitting 3 targets even? Hate to see a Unique Jewel dedicated to a skill being wasted on %damage.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Hi. Humbly I suggest you stop wasting time on new jewels when the game lacks / is suffering from
A) No Combat parsing
B) No paper doll
H) Performance issues related to coding and the improperly assigned value of addressing issues that have cropped up
J) Performance issues related to speculars and sparklies that literally add zero to the game, and the attendant performance issues are not only annoying, but moreover make it impossible for people to play hardcore modes, making the economies suffer from a dearth of players
K) Performance issues related to ItemID/ServerID communication and the lewt esplosions that can lock up a system, even with a loot filter in operation

m8 the people making the jewels and balancing skills aren't the same ones fixing client performance.

Also Spectral throw is already great for AoE, was kind of hoping it would have got a single target buff.
As much as I like some of these jewel ideas, I hate to have a mandatory item when I'm doing a certain build. That's why I don't play D3.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
gnomesandfire wrote:
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
A) No Combat parsing
B) No paper doll

m8 the people making the jewels and balancing skills aren't the same ones fixing client performance.

Also Spectral throw is already great for AoE, was kind of hoping it would have got a single target buff.

m8 you REALLY expect me to believe that a single company is not paying the salaries of both design and development? Do you really think I think Company Whatnot pays for the devs, but GGG pays for the designers?

It's the same company, ffs; and it's a company, that in my estimation, needs to get they priorities right. The aspects of any game that provide year-over-year returns, both commercially and fun-wise are disappearing the from the game (or were never there to begin with).
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Nov 18, 2015, 12:18:17 AM
Here's a suggestion that would make all Unique Jewel drops more exciting:

Unique Jewels may be redeemed at any Vendor for a return of one Chaos Orb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info