Content Update 2.1.0: Talisman Challenge Leagues, New Skills and more!

I for one can't wait for this sounds AWESOME Chris!
Patch 2.0 added some interesting new build options for my highest level character. But it also nerfed his survival strategies so hard that it was basically too risky to even attempt high level content. As a result I've largely sat 2.0 out. I've been playing a little bit recently, but I've played less during the 2.0 sequence than any other release since 1.0.

By the sounds, patch 2.1 might just make the new build options for my highest level character viable at high level maps. Essentially, this is going to come down to the Blasphemy support gem. I'll drop herald of ash and run Blasphemy with Assassin's mark instead. Having AssMark as an aura will mean that I won't need PCoC in my flickerstrike setup any more, since I'll get power charges by killing cursed enemies. So I'll replace PCoC with Inc Crit Dmg and that, combined with the AssMark aura putting the curse on enemies, will mean that I'll do enough damage to 1 shot trash mobs and keep my flicker going in higher level maps, which is what has been stopping me from flickering in high level maps, since I need to one shot to maintain frenzy charges.

TL;DR: Assuming that the passive tree changes around the shadow crit nodes don't nerf my crit chance into the ground, the blasphemy support gem has me excited enough to possibly start playing regularly again.
"
Moribundus wrote:
"
Necronus2828 wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
UGHHHH talismans should have been a new equipment slot...now OP as fuck talismans are going to be the standard for amulet slots...

FML.

Another slot isn't the right solution, because our heroes can't wear more stuff on them :p
Talismans are overpowered amulets that simply should not exist. The game doesn't need a perfect balance, but those amulets become a "must have".

"In addition to regular Unique Items, the 2.1.0 Content Update introduces an entirely new type of Unique Jewels: Threshold Jewels that modify the behaviour of existing skills when their thresholds are met."

JUST, DON'T. Diablo III made this mistake. Another "must have" when you play a build.
There are awesome changes in this update, but these elements are really dangerous.

diz... iz... no... D3, mon!
yes, dat's in da troll lang, mon.

D3 is mistake on it's own from the begining, the only bigger fail that comes to my mind is the Dungeon Keeper Online from *cough*Extremely Amoral Greediness*cough*... ehrm EA Games.

And in the end it all comes down to the players, there is nothing like dangerous element, it is more like lazyness of players to copy some other "TOP" build, instead of rather playing their own build w/o the "need" of the "BiS" items.

Because this is no DIII, Poe shouldn't make the same mistakes this game have done. That's not because there was a bigger fail elsewhere the skills specific items are better. Dangerousness is to suggest a player a jewel with the same name that a skill in its affixes. Just figure a new player finding a jewel with ST damages, why seeking another type of jewel, it is prepared to boost his build! No need to copy any build, just do what the game suggest you without any intelligence.

"
ebeninami wrote:
Waiting for the New Update, hoping for Damage Nerf to Monsters and Bosses that kills you even if your res-over-capped.

- New way for Trade

- Improve and Strengthen existing weak useless Skills to make them worth using.

- If above implemented New Builds and more Builds will exist.

- Boost Support Gems

- Drop rate of Exalted Orb higher to enable more crafting, as of now people dont use exalts to craft because its so rare drop.

- Make a new Orb called " Miracle Orb " that transforms a White item regardless its iLvl. to an random Unique Item, dropchance similar to exalted orb.

Let the Exiles Rule and the Enemies shall fear death ;)

Support gems are perfect, and this orb would kill orbs of chance system. But I agree for the other points. ;)

"
zebaot wrote:
"
ebeninami wrote:

- Make a new Orb called " Miracle Orb " that transforms a White item regardless its iLvl. to an random Unique Item, dropchance similar to exalted orb.

shitloads of uniques will destroy the game

the only orb we need - DECAY ORB, remove random mod from item, with drop rate as exalted

dat will made craft possible w/o eternals

+1000, even if vaal orbs can do that.
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
Unreal announcement.

I will come back and play again for this new patch update.
I keep coming back and back to poe and ggg, what a game!
That flask look so cool :D
"
We also plan to announce details of Path of Exile's next major expansion

You mean to say this doesn't count as the next major expansion? SWEET! I look forward to this one and the next one! Talismans sound really awesome!

Will we get some tool some time to ease upgrading characters to the new skill tree?
Like showing what the old tree was. Or comparing the stats of the previous tree to the new tree (before locking in the skill points).
A suggested "most similar alternative" would be really awesome! (like a highlighted path showing the build most similar to the build before the skill tree changes).
In above cases it would be useful to have a warning explaining other significant changes to the game(For example when Eldritch Battery changed).
"
Patch 2.0 added some interesting new build options for my highest level character. But it also nerfed his survival strategies so hard that it was basically too risky to even attempt high level content. As a result I've largely sat 2.0 out. I've been playing a little bit recently, but I've played less during the 2.0 sequence than any other release since 1.0.

By the sounds, patch 2.1 might just make the new build options for my highest level character viable at high level maps. Essentially, this is going to come down to the Blasphemy support gem. I'll drop herald of ash and run Blasphemy with Assassin's mark instead. Having AssMark as an aura will mean that I won't need PCoC in my flickerstrike setup any more, since I'll get power charges by killing cursed enemies. So I'll replace PCoC with Inc Crit Dmg and that, combined with the AssMark aura putting the curse on enemies, will mean that I'll do enough damage to 1 shot trash mobs and keep my flicker going in higher level maps, which is what has been stopping me from flickering in high level maps, since I need to one shot to maintain frenzy charges.

TL;DR: Assuming that the passive tree changes around the shadow crit nodes don't nerf my crit chance into the ground, the blasphemy support gem has me excited enough to possibly start playing regularly again.

You know, you can also make new characters. That's the power of this game. There are so many possibilities to play! So many different characters you could be playing and they all play different!

But each has their own playstyle I guess. I should focus more on my existing characters :)
"
Alysma wrote:
"
Ibedibabedibu wrote:
... eine deutsche Übersetzung noch dieses Jahr ... bla bla bla

Wie im anderen Thread, der Vollständigkeit halber

Also ich habe nichts gesehen, was "noch 2015" widersprechen würde. Sind ja noch sechs Wochen :-D Und im Zweifelsfalle liegt's wohl eher an denen, die die Übersetzung machen und nicht an GGG. Mal abgesehen davon, dass das auch nichts mit den neuen Ligen zu tun hat, für die das Announcement war. Ankündigung/Werbetrailer =/= Patch Notes. :-)

"...German and French will be released alongside the Act Four...", mein Fehler, ich dachte Act 4 wäre schon released, sorry.
i have to wonder if you make your curse into aura will you still need "addional curse" if you have 2 of them?
Chaos dot witch sounds awesome!:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info