Unique Item List — Old Thread, New One Linked Inside

"
The_x_ile wrote:
that is not just blood magic.. that is a random keystone :)

Excluding Chaos Inoculation and, for some reason, Necromantic Aegis.

Which means you can get, say, Phase Acrobatics on that chest. Which is pretty nice and the randomness of it fits well with the theme of gambling with vaal orbs.
Getting that purple skin suit with unwavering stance or phase acrobatics and still have it be the right colors would be bonkers.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
How about vaal pact? Or ghost reaver...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Wow that's bad? Blood Magic really isn't so hot without the massive Life/Reservation nodes behind it (imo), and having to Corrupt everything prematurely plain sucks.
OH WELL.

This. It's rather downgrade in this case, severely downgrade.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Wow that's bad? Blood Magic really isn't so hot without the massive Life/Reservation nodes behind it (imo), and having to Corrupt everything prematurely plain sucks.
OH WELL.

In this case ok, but getting a random keystone cab be pretty damn good.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
OH WELL.

In this case ok, but getting a random keystone cab be pretty damn good.

The only Keystones which are unconditionally useful are Phase Acrobatics and Conduit. Every other Keystone needs to be in some way built around (which is the primary purpose of keystones, to provide significant ways to change how a character is played).

However, the combination of Random Keystone plus random colors of sockets (I would guess chromatics are also blocked by "Sockets cannot be modified") leads to an item which has (for my taste) too many random parts.
Granted, if you manage to find the one Skin which has the colours and the Keystone you need, it may be possible to save tons of passive points and push a build over the top, but I have to admit my first reaction to the Skin of the lords was pretty much "Wow. That's really underwhelming."
(Same for Uul-Netol's Embrace, which looks on paper worse than the Kiss. Still waiting for info on the Bone Nova, though)
Well to be fair, those items aren't fated uniques and I like that they distinguish them, because otherwise it would be exactly the same.

Fated Uniques are simple upgrades of the original unique and just straight out better. Breach upgrades are kinda disorted versions of the original. Look at Pursuit and Red Trail, not taking additional damage from bleeding while walking is very different from having 10% increased physical damage reduction while not walking. Essentially both items in this regards do the opposite.
They cannot be "upgraded". There's a reason GGG chose the word "transformed". The different versions serve completely different purposes.
Good point, however even considering this flavour, some blessed items (such als all three Esh Uniques) are nothing more than straight upgrades.
Hand of Wisdom and Action does everything Hand of Thought and Motion does, only in greater or scalable quantities, Choir of the Storm loses + all attributes and lowers the mileage from the uncapped-resistance-effect somewhat, while at the same time adding 50% lightning damage to crits and replacing the non-descript "lightning strikes around you" with level 20 Lighning Bolt (whatever exactly that does).

Don't get me wrong, I love the flavour of the blessings and the Breachlords, however I think some decisions concerning the selection of Uniques added in 2.5 were rather... unfortunate.
For example I haven't yet managed to think of any situation where I would use Uul-Netol's Embrace over Kitava's Feast. Which I think is a real shame, as the optics and flavour of Embrace are awesome.
It's just that Feast is straight-up better in more or less everything.

/e: "completely different purposes" is quite a stretch. Formless Flame/Inferno fulfill the same niche (physical damage mitigation), the only difference being that Inferno has "% physical dmg taken as fire" on top of everything Flame offers.
Ditto the three Dreams/Nightmares. The Nightmares do everything the Dreams do and then some.
Or Anticipation/Surrender. You get permanent Intimidate (10% increased damage taken) on the one hand (pun maybe intended)... or get more armor on block, life on block and an additional link on the other hand (alright, pun definitely intended). That looks pretty much like an upgrade for me, the only exception being maybe if you always run around in parties. Considering that Anticipation and Surrender are the only item pair in which both have the same level requirements, it might look like a transformation, but due to the numbers and stats tacked on surrender, it is essentially an upgrade
Last edited by Janustradamus on Dec 6, 2016, 6:35:09 AM
Not like current uniques aren't the same. If you compare Kaoms Primacy with Hezmanas Bloodlust one is straight out better than the other.

Technically we don't know what Bone Nova is and Uul-Natols could be used for Earthquake.

Also just because a transformed item is better than the original it doesn't mean it is an upgrade. Upgrade means you keep all you have and get something additional. Fated Uniques are straight out upgrades, the transformed ones are not, some may be.

Halcyon and Pandemonium are pretty much different items, while others like Voice and Choir of Storm are mostly the same. Some have distinct difference like Eshs Mirror and Visage, which could entirely change the way builds use them (Visage essentially allows pseude lowlife builds, while Mirror is a huge clear speed advantage).

I'm a bit dissapointed in Severed in Sleep / United in Dream. Voice and Choir of Storm have the upgrade theme already in the name, but Severed in Sleep and United in Dream suggest some bigger changes, although this one again is more on the upgrade side (technically it still switches some stats).

But that is the thing which distinguishes them from Fated Uniques. Fated Uniques just add one mod and potentially a bit of damage for weapons. Those uniques are much broader in how they change. Perfect Form and Snowblind Grace are essentially two different items. The one is still more on the usual Evasion/Acrobatics side, while the other one actively encourages a hybrid playstile with either ES or Armor (Think Raider + Perfect Form + New Belt = Permanent Onslaugt, Phasing while having high Armor and Phase Acrobatics).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info