[Fast, Cheap, Easy] Insane ComK - for 2.1 Atziri Viable

Im been trying this build for a while now and following the forum. Ive been doing the nova and the discharge and im liking the discharge alot.

Gear

Spare_Gear

- Working on 5 Link

- Fire damage reduction

With the Discharge build im thinking of running 2 curses and getting one of the following items

Spoiler

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Damning
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Windscream
or a amulet with Enemies can have 1 additional Curse

I didnt take Blood magic so I wont beable to run Herald of Ice + Blasphemy with 2 curses (so will need to play around with this still)

Feel free to advise

Last edited by Prisonx on Dec 22, 2015, 4:51:03 AM
"
Prisonx wrote:
Im been trying this build for a while now and following the forum. Ive been doing the nova and the discharge and im liking the discharge alot.

Gear

Spare_Gear

- Working on 5 Link

- Fire damage reduction

With the Discharge build im thinking of running 2 curses and getting one of the following items

Spoiler

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Damning
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Windscream
or a amulet with Enemies can have 1 additional Curse

I didnt take Blood magic so I wont beable to run Herald of Ice + Blasphemy with 2 curses (so will need to play around with this still)

Feel free to advise

You could use the Self-Flagellation Unique Jewel for one additional curse.

I still lack a 5l so I've been using cyclone without the COMK setup. Enjoying it so far but I also built more towards the duelist instead of the witch. Looking forward to testing out the COMK part. Discharging looks very viable with this.
"
analove wrote:
Lvl 86, 5-link comk (without inc aoe), T10 Volcano map with temp chains and no life reg mods down without any problems. Build got buffed hard at higher levels due to ice nova increased damage etc. While you need to spend some time leveling the gems, it really pays off.

PS. I was browsing some random poe-connected sites and i found out that this very build has been featured here:
[Removed by Support] :) gj!

Hi there,

Do you have any update ? How did it go ?

Thanks in advance !
Last edited by Rachel on Feb 3, 2016, 4:41:18 AM
I've been playing with detonate dead + moku's embrace instead of pyre and it's been pretty OP in T3 (lvl 80 atm).

Going to chrome and try discharge and ice nova next. Discharge lacks some b/c it does not just fire damage, which is what our tree optimizes for?
"
I've been playing with detonate dead + moku's embrace instead of pyre and it's been pretty OP in T3 (lvl 80 atm).

Going to chrome and try discharge and ice nova next. Discharge lacks some b/c it does not just fire damage, which is what our tree optimizes for?

You'll not convert the Frenzy Discharge part and would lose a lot, yeah. Similarly, Ice Nova. I recommend picking up a Pyre if you plan on using Discharge or Ice Nova (I have one spare that I'll give you for free if you catch me online, IGN: Purlieus).
What should I do for bandits? Oak/kill/kill?
Hey guys, have you thought of incorporating vaal molten shell, scolds bridle, and hidden potential jewel into this build?
Last edited by Baryboo on Dec 25, 2015, 6:50:23 PM
"
hius wrote:
What should I do for bandits? Oak/kill/kill?

That works, although Kraityn would be my choice for Cruel and Merciless. I find it unlikely that you will find 1 skill point worth 4% More Damage and 4% Increased Attack Speed. Similarly, 8% Attack Speed is hard to replace with a skill point.

~~~

As I mentioned previously, I wanted to look at using Flicker Strike with this build instead of Cyclone. I was really hoping to retain COMK + [Spell] for both keeping with the build and for the visual style; however, I found it very unhelpful for Flicker Strike and it felt like wasted slots, unlike for Cyclone.

Explanation
Cyclone finds COMK + [Spell] helpful because it focuses the first target it comes into contact with, which cause the spell to go off and weaken the rest - allowing you to then kill the next target more easily and set off another spell, and so on. Basically, it increases the clearing speed because Cyclone can only affect a small area at a time while the spell can have a larger radius.

Flicker Strike just goes anywhere and everywhere and this results in most likely the mob pack as a whole being nearly dead by the time you get your first kill - so the spell finally going off is just overkill and unnecessary. Note that it doesn't necessarily take any longer to get a single kill in a pack than it would with Cyclone, unless the pack is particularly big or spread out - its just that the whole pack tends to take the damage rather than just in a small area like it does with Cyclone.

Instead, I went with Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Melee Strike - WED - Fire Penetration. Multistrike is needed for keeping Frenzy Charges up, and Melee Splash really helps in packs. WED and Fire Pen are both essentially More multipliers and really ramps up the damage, which is where the difference lies between this and COMK + [Spell].

Note that the tree is very much the same still, minus Blood Magic:

Similarly, so is the gear; at least in terms of needing Oro's Sacrifice. I don't use Pyre because the only Cold Damage I do is the little bit from Herald of Ice (and that only because it doesn't hurt my mana enough to matter - tempted to try Anger though). Instead I use Makou's Embrace for the Ignite chance and the Increased Fire Damage. However, its not needed and neither is anything else other than Oro's.

Really all that has changed is the gem setup. Still, wish I could have kept COMK + [Spell]. Maybe a Cast On Ignite will be implemented and I could get the spirit of the build that way instead!

Anyway, here is a T6 Catacombs run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tP_oJtHKGA.
Note that I seem to have a complete lack of direction at times - but in my defence navigating through that map is a pain in the...

Maths
My Flicker Strike damage is 5100 per hit and I do 3 hits (Multistrike) for each use. I can use Flicker Strike 3.73 times a second. So, the resulting DPS is 5100 * 3 * 3.73 = 57000 DPS.

Frenzy charges; I have 4 at max, and can keep it between 3 and 4 most of the time. Flicker Strike gets extra Increased Attack Speed from this (over that which you get from Frenzy Charges anyway, so its particularly noteworthy here). If I use 3 Frenzy Charges as my average, I get 14% Increased Attack Speed per Charge and 4% More Damage for a total of 42% Increased Attack Speed and 12% More Damage. The effect of this is hard to work out without knowing all the Increased Attack Speed (we have little) and More Damage modifiers (we have a lot) already in play, but we can expect DPS to increase by at least a third - lets say the DPS reaches at least 75000.

Also, resistances come into play - we are using near pure fire damage, not physical, so the DPS can be reduced by a lot. On the other hand, it is also means Fire Penetration can increase the DPS by a lot. So the DPS figure can further be much higher or much lower in certain situations.

Note that all this damage of course gets spread around somewhat on packs (instead of on one target the entire time), however, Melee Splash means a lot of this is still hitting any one particular target as long as the pack is concentrated enough.
Last edited by Aimeryan on Dec 29, 2015, 4:27:18 AM
So I just found a Carcass Jack. Could this build use this instead of the Daresso's Defiance? Or will it not work because the Carcass Jack is evasion? Seems like the increased AoE it has on it could be useful.

Also, what about a Doryani's Invitation belt, with the extra fire dmg? It has 2 resists and has the fire dmg life leech, BUT it's missing the added life. Would a simple dual res + Life rare belt be better here?
"
Squatch wrote:
So I just found a Carcass Jack. Could this build use this instead of the Daresso's Defiance? Or will it not work because the Carcass Jack is evasion? Seems like the increased AoE it has on it could be useful.

Also, what about a Doryani's Invitation belt, with the extra fire dmg? It has 2 resists and has the fire dmg life leech, BUT it's missing the added life. Would a simple dual res + Life rare belt be better here?

Carcass and the belt are pretty good choices.

Havent listed these kind of "Endgame" items, since i was planned to be a beginner friendly build:)

All your input is very good guys.

Maybe you make it endgame viable. Otherhwise it is a very cheap currency farmer and easily playable until lvl 90:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info