Upcoming Race Season Information

This is all great news. Racing needed some reworks for a long time and we are finally getting something. Some of these, such as dead characters keeping their points in all races, are things we have been asking for for a long time, and well, better late than never. Soulthirst sounds like an actually interesting race type, just please test it with all classes for a full length race each, because it was obvious Bloodgrip wasn't. The changes to Descent and Endless Ledge are very welcome, although I would be careful about those possible future changes about extending Descent and Descent Champions to add Act 4 zones. Those races are a good length now, so I would be careful about messing with that. I would still like to see races that start in later acts, so please consider that along with those other planned changes for future seasons.

Looking forward to racing again.
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
In addition to not having Rogue Exiles or Masters, Signature races no longer have Strongboxes, Tormented Spirits, Bloodlines Mods or Nemesis Mods. Signature races no longer give points for side objectives, like full-clearing zones or being the first to complete quest objectives. They're entirely about racing.

But Acceleration Shrines are sitll there.....

corrupted areas and shrines need to be removed.

Regarding resistance rings, specifically Sapphire/Cold...

One, how do you not have one or even two when you can readily buy them from the shop vendor? Act 1 normal, white ones will do if needed, which brings up point number two.

Two, anyone who is a POE veteran, who needs any cold resistance to take out Merveil in Normal?

ok. what are these?!?!?!!

-There have been many changes to the Descent races:
- The levels of many areas have been adjusted.
- The life of bosses in first eleven areas have been reduced and normalised.
- The chests for every class have been redone in most areas. Skill gems are present in both chests, rather than being a choice.
- The Capricious Tomb has been replaced by the Mortal Tomb. This area is now filled with living humanoids rather than Goatmen.
- The Spinner of False Hope in Descent no longer hides at 50% life.
- The statues in the Tomb of Statues use ice shot far less frequently
- Necromancers in the third area do not use enfeeble any more.
- There are no longer full packs of Undying Grapplers. They now spawn alongside other monsters.
- The weapons in the starter chests now all have three linked sockets.

Also these?!?!!

-In the Endless Ledge, the second and third areas now also use a restricted set of monsters that don't include Act Four monsters. There's now a ramp up towards dangerous monsters by the time you hit the fourth area.
-Dead characters are fully eligible for prize points in this and future race seasons.

Why GGG you have to destroy the classic Descent and EL races in order for more casual and newer players to join??
Why don't you create some new type of races like Descent 2 or a new rogue-like race and add these changes there (to be more accessible to newer players)?
Why you have to "destroy" your game everytime to welcome new people? I really don't get this.

Rule no1: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Make a new one!
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Oct 27, 2015, 10:19:39 AM
Great News!!!

Races definatly need a rework, especially asynchronous racing is a huge thing imo.

Making the races more apealing and rewarding will grow the racing coummunity for sure...a step in the right direction.

HYPE for the "Alt Art Reward to Skintransfer MTX", ive been waiting for something like this soooo long. Count me in on buying this!
Deabia astept
great news
"
Galtrovan wrote:
Regarding resistance rings, specifically Sapphire/Cold...

One, how do you not have one or even two when you can readily buy them from the shop vendor? Act 1 normal, white ones will do if needed, which brings up point number two.

Two, anyone who is a POE veteran, who needs any cold resistance to take out Merveil in Normal?
You clearly have never raced so stop asking stupid questions. Try to kill merveil in 20 minutes and you'll find answers.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Oct 27, 2015, 10:57:41 AM
All sounds great. I just have one question.

Where in gods name is my PUMPKIN HEAD!!!
Dont want dum hat. NEED BADASS PUMPKIN HEAD. That i will buy :-)
Just the usual "where is the next pvp season" spam you can keep scrolling noone cares about this post anyways ....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info