Upcoming Race Season Information

Awesome
This is really great, I'm happy to hear this.

"
We are considering selling a microtransaction that would make a permanent cross-league skin transfer of an item. This would allow you to remove your race reward in a challenge league, use it for that league, then make a skin transfer of it for future seasons.

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

I would be transferring my Alt arts into my MTX tabs.

I hope we could sort the MTX tabs by that time, I could only imagine the clusterfuck...
I need more purple titles
Now i think it was great idea to collect alt-arts :)

BLAMT races have returned this season. We are considering running a 24 hour BLAMT boss-kill race with high point rewards for bosses that are unreasonable to kill with those mods ;)

Malachai. MERCILESS Malachai. CORE Malachai. Atziri. How long does it take for someone to get to Uber Atziri? Nevermind, just put the reward on the three demons before Atziri. Village Ruin boss. Uhhh... Haast.

Edit: I am seriously underestimating the power of BLAMT.
Last edited by ChiefOluk on Oct 27, 2015, 10:05:10 PM
"
In the Endless Ledge, the second and third areas now also use a restricted set of monsters that don't include Act Four monsters

THANK YOU GOD. There was nothing (NOTHING) more frustrating than getting Revenants and eyeball monster spawners at the same time in area 2. This happened to me constantly and made me want to hulk out and devour my keyboard while clubbing baby seals to death. Now if only porcupine monsters would receive the same treatment..
"
Chris wrote:
Boss races are now fixed seed (the same for everyone racing it) but without the revealed map. The seed is different for each boss race.

Wow props, that is a subtle, but excellent change. I suggest most race types should follow this base idea. Hidden, fixed map, changing each race. This elevates the skill element while maintaining the randomness of the event (avoids staleness of the same fixed seed). Not saying Fixed Seed Signature should change (in fact it should not), just that every other race type should be "Rotating Hidden Fixed Seed".

"
Chris wrote:
BLAMT races have returned this season. We are considering running a 24 hour BLAMT boss-kill race with high point rewards for bosses that are unreasonable to kill with those mods ;)

Love it. 12 hours though, please. :) 12 hours is feasible for many racers on weekends, where 24 hours encourages 24 hours straight, which just reduces humans to drooling, zombified hamsters.

"
Chris wrote:
In addition to not having Rogue Exiles or Masters, Signature races no longer have Strongboxes, Tormented Spirits, Bloodlines Mods or Nemesis Mods.

It seems absurd to remove all those things, yet keep Domination Shrines. If you're going to take variance out, take it all out, don't leave exactly ONE thing in. :P

"
Chris wrote:
Signature races no longer give points for side objectives, like full-clearing zones or being the first to complete quest objectives. They're entirely about racing.

Another excellent change. Cearly some thought has been put into this. :D

"
Chris wrote:
In future seasons, we will be moving towards an asynchronous race-of-the-day system where solo non-signature races can be played at any time of the day.

For the sanity of racers, and speedrunners, please name these "Time Attacks" rather than races! :)

"
Chris wrote:
We are discussing extending Descent and Descent: Champions to add Act Four areas and monsters to them.

Shoehorning A4 into the quite stable Descent and well-designed D:C is not an efficient use of resources. I'd rather see that investment in a new iteration of Descent which incorporates A4, leaving the previous Descents mostly as is.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Oct 28, 2015, 3:14:13 AM
Sounds good.
(But I do hope there will be Rogue Exiles Everywhere races - those are fun!)

Suggestion:

Don't make "special" skin transfers.
Change Skin Transfers.

All of them.

Make it so you can turn any item into a "Skin Transfer MTX". The item's shadow goes into the MTX stash without destroying the item.
You then have that item as an MTX forever - and the skin transfer stack is reduced 1.

This solves 3 problems:

-People wanting the look of expensive-items, but don't want to have to temporarily "destroy" the item to use them.

-People hating the fact that skin transfers are one-time-use-only and as such, are reluctant to by them. (Like me.)

-Cross-league issues. (Solved because the skin transfers stay in your MTX tabs.)

Keep up the good work!
"
SimmonTV wrote:
"

Dead characters are fully eligible for prize points in this and future race seasons. This means you can push ahead without having to worry about losing your standing if you die.

Well I don't think I like this part!

Single race:
A lot of times you push really hard for top spots. Players that you chase can see that on ladder and because of you pushing they are also forced to push hard to save their spot and everyone knows that when you are under pressure you do mistakes. I think pressure is a big part of racing in general and specially when pushing for top spots.

Season:
Try to beat top 10 racers now haha. Good luck with that haha. Now we even lost that tiny advantage when they did a rare mistake and died in a race. This new system will only secure top 10 players (we all know who they are) that they will FOREVER keep their top 10 spot.

I can understand why you did this and yes it will attract more players to races but the word "racing" completely lost its meaning. For me now this is "lets hoard crappy race art uniques".

I'm really sad about this scoring part =(

I think this chances is good. I have played 18h/d last 3 weeks in that 1month race. Im pure solo, so i must make hard mods etc to get any map drops.. Im only 96lvl, but i think that i have gained as xp is in like top 10. I gain 10-20% and die, its annoying when u know that u dont never go up in ladder. So i stop playing, cause i know that i cant ever reach to top10-20
But Chris if you make that micro-transaction creator, you will get all of my money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info