Upcoming Race Season Information

Always nice to see improvements to PoE racing! However, there's a little issue with Remove Only Race Reward tabs that really needs to be addressed: The occasional tendency of those tabs to spread themselves throughout the rest of the stash tabs. One solution might be to set up a separate "folder" on the stash, to which only those Race rewards may be transferred. Otherwise, it can be a nightmare to organize the stash. Thanks! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
SimmonTV wrote:
"

Dead characters are fully eligible for prize points in this and future race seasons. This means you can push ahead without having to worry about losing your standing if you die.

Well I don't think I like this part!

Single race:
A lot of times you push really hard for top spots. Players that you chase can see that on ladder and because of you pushing they are also forced to push hard to save their spot and everyone knows that when you are under pressure you do mistakes. I think pressure is a big part of racing in general and specially when pushing for top spots.

Season:
Try to beat top 10 racers now haha. Good luck with that haha. Now we even lost that tiny advantage when they did a rare mistake and died in a race. This new system will only secure top 10 players (we all know who they are) that they will FOREVER keep their top 10 spot.

I can understand why you did this and yes it will attract more players to races but the word "racing" completely lost its meaning. For me now this is "lets hoard crappy race art uniques".

I'm really sad about this scoring part =(

Top racers will still be under pressure because of the other racers potential to catch up. They'll have to choose between pushing harder so they won't get caught or passed and potentially die. The racers under them can also choose to push harder and catch or beat the players above them and maybe die and lose to the players below them.

So, beating someone because they made a mistake is better than beating someone because you are better than them?

Couldn't format correctly on my phone.
keeping your points if you die is a nice change towards casual players and for experienced players having more fun because they can take more risks. which fits perfectly to the hunt for rare monsters with interesting affixes to get them temporarily and advance faster.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
faffer wrote:
racing just went casual ggg.. well done

edit: but lets see how it goes.. i might be wrong with my judging

How is it more casual? they're removing RNG elements that give casual players a chance (good inner treasure, strongbox etc). It's becoming less and less about RNG and more about skill.
"
The life of bosses in first eleven areas have been reduced and normalised.
The Capricious Tomb has been replaced by the Mortal Tomb. This area is now filled with living humanoids rather than Goatmen.
The statues in the Tomb of Statues use ice shot far less frequently.
Necromancers in the third area do not use enfeeble any more.

Fuck that's awesome
"
KRUHKS wrote:

Top racers will still be under pressure because of the other racers potential to catch up. They'll have to choose between pushing harder so they won't get caught or passed and potentially die. The racers under them can also choose to push harder and catch or beat the players above them and maybe die and lose to the players below them.

So, beating someone because they made a mistake is better than beating someone because you are better than them?

Couldn't format correctly on my phone.

If you did any kind of sport racing in your life you should know that coping with pressure is 50% of how good you are. And to answer you - yes beating someone that did mistake because I put pressure on him makes me better than him.

To put it in this game terms:
Nice example is Helman. He is playing on the edge all the time. Lets say out of 100 races 80 times he was 1st duelist and 20 times he died. Out of those 20 times that he died he was still 1st duelist 10 times. He is rewarded with 20 points and demigod every single time he finishes the race and now he will be rewarded even if he dies. It is just wrong.

I understand this change is good for 90% of casual racers but for top 10% it sucks big time. It is easy to prove my point... I can make a list of top 20 players for next season if you want... We don't even have to race anymore. Just give them alt art demigods now and move on... Casual racers will be happy with this change but someone like me that is racing with one purpose and that is to be better than the guy ahead of me it sucks.
IGN: SimmonTV
www.twitch.tv/simmontv
Last edited by SimmonTV on Oct 27, 2015, 8:31:45 AM
"
If Headhunter will be main prize I hope that race of the day will be available it would be awesome.
Love the asynchronous race. With kid it's very unpredictable when I will be able to play in the evening so this is very appreciated change to racing.
I doubt they would put such valuable reward twice
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
BLAMT 24 hours HYPEEE! endless ledge hypee!
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

feedback -> thanks but no thanks.

racing is the most useless time-wasting no-fun thing in poe. why? well, in short races are 1-2 methods to be in top. otherwise can't stand a chance against the op stuff... either play like everyone else from top or don't win. secondly they are booring and non-rewarding. instead of playing a total of hundreds of hours in a race...i can farm exalteds and buy the race rewards from players willing to sell. Because i did the maths and in total you can make in average like 295 exalteds if you farm on sc than playing in races.
^ What he said.
Nice, however this still doesn't make me want to play races.
Exile 4 life.

"No need to describe fishing in detail, just hint at it."
~Chris 2014
Last edited by masuo112 on Oct 27, 2015, 4:30:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info