[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
TinCanSailor wrote:
"
malarix1222 wrote:
"
TinCanSailor wrote:
Def need some input on what leveling skill/links to use here.

Like I said, any fire skill is good. I suggest some combination of Flame Totem, Fire Trap, Firestorm, Searing Bond, etc. Whatever of that kind of thing you prefer. Then just go for the early life and fire damage in the tree while making your way to BM. Of course, it's nice to have a Tabula while leveling to put gems on your leveling skill of choice.

If I recall, I leveled with with Flame Totem up to like level 45 or something when I switched to EA (wouldn't recommend switching that early, still relatively weak at 45 compared to Flame Totem to me).

I ended up using Burning arrow with mediocre results at best.

I threw a blood magic gem in the 5L Quill with the other links just to tst EA and it uses HUGE amounts of life. How does this become viable? The regen? @ level 55 how would I be able to sustain the amount of life loss it would take to fire a 5L skill?

Sorry, that's my bad, when I said fire skill I meant fire spell. Attacks like Burning Arrow won't do anything with this build because it takes no attack nodes etc at all.

As for how you sustain it later on, you get lots of flat life on gear that is then scaled by your tree to give you a huge life pool (7000+) which then gives you a ton of regen from +% life regen from the skill tree. Personally atm I think I'm at like 750-800 regen or something like that, and I have a relatively low life pool compared to some people I've seen on here (just barely about to reach 8k). Until you get the huge life pool, the flat regen from a stone golem can also be phenomenal.

Also to add to this, you were using the blood magic gem, which I highly recommend against. This is probably one of the causes of your problems so far, as the gems adds a massive mana multiplier (245% at level 1) and takes up a slot on your gem links that could be used for damage. Try waiting until you get a bit more regen and pick up the actual Blood Magic keystone on the skilltree, then get back with the results; though again, I recommend against switching to EA until level 55+ unless you already have a 6l bow and other really nice low level gear.
Rarity: UniquePoacher's AimViridian Jewel--------Limited to: 1--------Item Level: 1--------You are Immune to Silence--------15% chance of Projectiles Piercing10% increased Projectile Damage--------A sharp eye can be more deadly than a sharp blade.--------Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.--------Corrupted
guys this jewel work ?
"
cellune wrote:
Rarity: UniquePoacher's AimViridian Jewel--------Limited to: 1--------Item Level: 1--------You are Immune to Silence--------15% chance of Projectiles Piercing10% increased Projectile Damage--------A sharp eye can be more deadly than a sharp blade.--------Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.--------Corrupted
guys this jewel work ?

I do not Recommend using that because having pierce chance on your Explosive arrow will actually do worse for you since it will not explode on them.

Just find a double damage one with any of the affixes like Increased Damage %, Fire Damage %, Area Damage %, and Projectile Damage %. those affixes are the main ones but you also can look for the Increased Attack Speed ones if wanted also.
Last edited by shockertrent on Apr 4, 2016, 2:59:33 PM
ty e lot for the help again
No. There is no need for "Immune to Silence" and pierce is quite detrimental, as EA only leaves the charge on the LAST enemy it hits.
Frost wall is your friend for single target dps.

Why has OP decided to add elemental overlord?
What skill does he use to proc crit?
Last edited by Recovary on Apr 4, 2016, 9:16:07 PM
"
Recovary wrote:

He uses it because the build does not need crit multiplier. so we get 40% Elemental damage from it. also we still use the same Explosive arrow to get crit's. just need some not much crit on your gear to get it active with the GMP.

Hope that helps :).
"
shockertrent wrote:
"
Recovary wrote:

He uses it because the build does not need crit multiplier. so we get 40% Elemental damage from it. also we still use the same Explosive arrow to get crit's. just need some not much crit on your gear to get it active with the GMP.

Hope that helps :).

how much crit should we aim for to utilize the passive?
It seems really unreliable if we can't get them crits :(
How important is accuracy?
Taking Resolute Technique?
It happened:

Running quite a bit of MF gear now.

And the item rarity gem.

I have not yet found the need to replace item rarity with conc or incr aoe. Bosses die easy once they burn or are in packs. Even Argus has become some what of a wuss. Keep in mind I am still lacking T12+ maps but anything below should be easy with this 5L setup (not counting IR).

Now I really hope one of my next 2 EA's will become a level 21 (currently Q20/L19.5).

Probably going to go with Incr Dur - Vaal Grace - End cry - Vaal Haste for my last 4L.
Last edited by foojin on Apr 5, 2016, 3:02:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info