[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
TinCanSailor wrote:
Def need some input on what leveling skill/links to use here.

Like I said, any fire skill is good. I suggest some combination of Flame Totem, Fire Trap, Firestorm, Searing Bond, etc. Whatever of that kind of thing you prefer. Then just go for the early life and fire damage in the tree while making your way to BM. Of course, it's nice to have a Tabula while leveling to put gems on your leveling skill of choice.

If I recall, I leveled with with Flame Totem up to like level 45 or something when I switched to EA (wouldn't recommend switching that early, still relatively weak at 45 compared to Flame Totem to me).
"
deadmeat9 wrote:

Don't really need anything for reflects. The ruby flask on my character was for Crematorium boss. My 5th flask slot gets switch out based on boss. It mainly is just another quicksilver flask but with freeze immune roll.

Hey few question about your setup. Any reasons you don't have any way to generate frenzy charges? Also, I see you have a purity of elements, I am assuming it's for the ele weakness maps. Do you just run it on life? Why bone offering?

"
TinCanSailor wrote:

I levelled with sunder. Using added fire and herald of ash. Worked absolutly fine if you don't mind being melee for a bit
Last edited by Raggon on Apr 3, 2016, 7:47:24 PM
"
Raggon wrote:
"
deadmeat9 wrote:

Don't really need anything for reflects. The ruby flask on my character was for Crematorium boss. My 5th flask slot gets switch out based on boss. It mainly is just another quicksilver flask but with freeze immune roll.

Hey few question about your setup. Any reasons you don't have any way to generate frenzy charges? Also, I see you have a purity of elements, I am assuming it's for the ele weakness maps. Do you just run it on life? Why bone offering?

Don't like to upkeep them, plus I have more than enough damage and AS now. Also, if I use blood dance I will ose resist and like. Puirty of elements is for ele weakness maps, I had it capped before to do ele weakness mid tier maps but once I got to high I have to use it to fix missing resist. Yes, I run it on life, by life i originally like 8.3k and ends up down to 6.8k with it on which is fine for me on SC. I have even ran 14s and probably a 15 colosseum with it on. Bone offering is there for Springs map boss and detonate dead boxes.
Hey Guys! I just rolled this vaal on the Blood Dance and got lvl 14 haste skill! Gives me 14% ias and 10% movespeed. Would you still try go for +1 frenzy, or stick with this? I find it cool that the 25% reserve mana doesn't matter as we allready run blood magic :)

edit: Didnt realise untill now it took health reserve instead .(((( rip
Last edited by slickepinnen on Apr 4, 2016, 7:38:59 AM
I wish there was a search feature just for the thread...I don't want to swift through 80+ pages.

So far, this build is efficient at killing packs. However, with single target...

I reached 55+ recently and switched to this build's EA playstyle. How do you guys deal with the low single target dps? It takes me forever to kill bosses.

It's tedious to switch from GMP to Slow Projectile, etc... all the time. Even then with the single target setup, it takes a long time to down a boss. I also tried the Frost Wall technique but it seems buggy. The arrows don't always stick to the frost wall.

I'm also leveling with a Tabula and a 5L Quill.

Is it because I'm leveling a Champion instead of a Scion? What am I missing here?
"
malarix1222 wrote:
"
TinCanSailor wrote:

Like I said, any fire skill is good. I suggest some combination of Flame Totem, Fire Trap, Firestorm, Searing Bond, etc. Whatever of that kind of thing you prefer. Then just go for the early life and fire damage in the tree while making your way to BM. Of course, it's nice to have a Tabula while leveling to put gems on your leveling skill of choice.

If I recall, I leveled with with Flame Totem up to like level 45 or something when I switched to EA (wouldn't recommend switching that early, still relatively weak at 45 compared to Flame Totem to me).

I ended up using Burning arrow with mediocre results at best.

I threw a blood magic gem in the 5L Quill with the other links just to tst EA and it uses HUGE amounts of life. How does this become viable? The regen? @ level 55 how would I be able to sustain the amount of life loss it would take to fire a 5L skill?

"
ricesteam wrote:
I wish there was a search feature just for the thread...I don't want to swift through 80+ pages.

So far, this build is efficient at killing packs. However, with single target...

I reached 55+ recently and switched to this build's EA playstyle. How do you guys deal with the low single target dps? It takes me forever to kill bosses.

It's tedious to switch from GMP to Slow Projectile, etc... all the time. Even then with the single target setup, it takes a long time to down a boss. I also tried the Frost Wall technique but it seems buggy. The arrows don't always stick to the frost wall.

Is it because I'm leveling a Champion instead of a Scion? What am I missing here?

Singletarget:

go for these gems for singletarget. Most of your singletarget dps is getting the ignite to proc. if it does, it usualy kills the boss/mob in a few seconds. Depending on mods etc.
Would something like this be viable to handle ele reflect?

Basically dropping regen nodes to pick up vaal pact is the only difference. With the 1.5% leech from scion ascendant I would think it would work. Not sure how bad losing the regen would hurt though. Thoughts?
-double post-
Last edited by AntiStrange on Apr 4, 2016, 11:58:47 AM
"
Kelyus wrote:
"
ricesteam wrote:

Singletarget:

go for these gems for singletarget. Most of your singletarget dps is getting the ignite to proc. if it does, it usualy kills the boss/mob in a few seconds. Depending on mods etc.

This 4-link works good also. just take out slower projectiles. I was even using a 4-link single target for low map bosses when I started new league. Ignite is your friend with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info