[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Finally got time to play and dmg is underwhelming at lvl 42 with really good gear + gems.

6L tabula + elem. dmg belt, needed 2 shots to finish yellows at 110 mana per use, my blast rain does 2k tooltip (x4) @ 32 mana so ill be sticking with it until...dunno
Last edited by aitalar on Mar 24, 2016, 5:25:06 PM
"
foojin wrote:
"
healzr wrote:
if some one could look at my gear and tell me where im going wrong that would be nice i feel like im lacking on a lot of damage for single target

and my tree note the mana talents at the start of the tree i am working on fixing when i get 1 more level xD

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAdwDdQOWBLMGDghnCfYLYQxfDc0OPBBiFCAUcRZvGDwYVhpsHKcczhzcIdAkqiW8J-0o-itQNZI26TsoPAU8LT38QYdHflOlVkhYY1h3XwRfP2BDZU1o8m49bztyqXasd-N4DXloe26CB4KbgseDCYPMhFOE2YzPkSuTOpSglyGYrZo7na6f36IApwipbq9sr6e18rc-uJO9J702voC-p8AawGbBBMF8xFjE9sauz37UfNgk2E3Yvdl820_fv-DD42rqGOvu7w7vfO_98B_2SPcy-Ov56P4K_lQ=

Spent a few chaos and at least 2-3 Q20 EA's and start leveling them. You reallyn eed leveled + quality gems to get damage. Also get incr fire damage jewels.

Maybe respec start and go from elementalist to celestial judgement. Gives you another gem for fire damage and the damage nodes on that side.

Thank you I think Ive made the right changes to the tree now and Ive gone into celestial judgement I forgot I was missing it. I do have 3 fire gems in my tree seems they was not showing up though the gems im using are below

Last edited by healzr on Mar 24, 2016, 4:24:09 PM
"
aitalar wrote:
Finally got time to play and dmg is underwhelming at lvl 42 with really good gear + gems.

6L tabula + elem. dmg belt, needed 2 shots to finish yellows at 110 mana per use, my blast rain does 2k tooltip (x4) @ 32 mana so ill be sticking with it until...dunno

Hey a couple reasons for your underwhelming damage

1) You're at level 42... this build really doesn't take off until about level 55. I'd suggest sticking with another fire spell while leveling (eg flame totem, incinerate, firestorm). Your DPS and clear speed will be much faster.

2) Your gear is really bad... focus on +life and +resis first and foremost and then +damage. As you progress you'll be able to equip better gear and make more currency to purchase some decent things.

3) I noticed your sockets are not linked... this is probably where you are massively falling down. Your Explosive Arrow gem needs to be linked with other gems for it to do massive dammage (link with GMP + Fire Pen + Less Duration + Increased AOE + Chance to Ignite/Slower Projectles.

You didn't link your bow or armour but I'm assuming you don't have the right equipment and they aren't linked.
Hi,

I am currently playing this spec and enjoying the explosions very much ;)

The issue I'm facing are reflect packs which instantly oneshot me everytime...

Any advice?

Gear can be seen in the profile tab - It results in 6,2k life and 78 fire res pre flask.
I'm at level 39 right now. I have a question about the Life leech. I can't see any leech cluster, and neither any leech on equipment. Does all our life restoration come from regen?
I see you have put Leech gem as 5th choice, so what about people with only 4 links? Like me.

I tried using the EA a bit. Always have to keep life flask up because in 5-6 volleys, half my life is gone.

"
Cherub23 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently playing this spec and enjoying the explosions very much ;)

The issue I'm facing are reflect packs which instantly oneshot me everytime...

Any advice?

Gear can be seen in the profile tab - It results in 6,2k life and 78 fire res pre flask.

Heya, yeah you should be pretty comfortable with reflect with a huge life pool.

At level 82 you should be aiming for around 7.5k - 8k life and about 3.5k-5k armour.

Your gear looks good... maybe try a rare ring with +life instead of essence worm... or use a different aura assuming your fire res is capped.

Also, I'd recommend picking up Warrior's Blood and the armour + life nodes next to it... they're awesome... maybe respec out of Precision and some oter offensive nodes you've picked up.
"
Dying__Lights wrote:
I'm at level 39 right now. I have a question about the Life leech. I can't see any leech cluster, and neither any leech on equipment. Does all our life restoration come from regen?
I see you have put Leech gem as 5th choice, so what about people with only 4 links? Like me.

I tried using the EA a bit. Always have to keep life flask up because in 5-6 volleys, half my life is gone.

Scion has the zerker subclass which grants 1.5% life leech. Marauder classes (chieftain\zerker) have similar options. Only a duelist still has to use the life leech gem (but you'd gain perm fortify).
"
brunowa wrote:
"
aitalar wrote:

Hey a couple reasons for your underwhelming damage

1) You're at level 42... this build really doesn't take off until about level 55. I'd suggest sticking with another fire spell while leveling (eg flame totem, incinerate, firestorm). Your DPS and clear speed will be much faster.

2) Your gear is really bad... focus on +life and +resis first and foremost and then +damage. As you progress you'll be able to equip better gear and make more currency to purchase some decent things.

3) I noticed your sockets are not linked... this is probably where you are massively falling down. Your Explosive Arrow gem needs to be linked with other gems for it to do massive dammage (link with GMP + Fire Pen + Less Duration + Increased AOE + Chance to Ignite/Slower Projectles.

You didn't link your bow or armour but I'm assuming you don't have the right equipment and they aren't linked.

2.) My gear is pretty good considering its lowlvl

3.) Read moar pls. I wrote i use a 6L tabula

I didnt link it because i use blast rain atm, gotta lvl more.
Last edited by aitalar on Mar 25, 2016, 7:21:12 AM
what do you think is the best combi berserker + raider/elementalist/or slayer ?
I think it depends on how you plan on generating frenzy charges or if you even care about them..

Raider makes it easy and not reliant on blood dance, plus onslaught for ridiculous atk speed
Elementalist provides some nice elemental damage buffs and elemental dmg reduction but you'd need to use a frenzy gem
Slayer would probably want to use a life leech gem.. I don't really see a benefit to this one over the other 2, maybe someone else can elaborate on that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info