[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

I just swapped to EA at level 38. I'm finding it super weak and clunky. My profile is public, could anyone see what's wrong with what I'm doing?
Currently level 92 in the Hardcore Perandus League with this build as duelest, my gear:

Wondering if Lightning Coil provides more survival than a Kaom's Heart. I don't use blood dance boots and instead shoot frenzy and use enduring cry every time I use rain of arrows to curse flammability. If I had a 5L chest piece I would switch rain of arrows curse and put blind in that link for more survival

Build is great so far though, solo'd through to merc malachai with no carry on the first week only buying a 4L quill rain at the time, and now can facetank merc izaro

Also 5 second enduring cry cwdt setup so good with that helm enchant
Last edited by captainhector on Mar 21, 2016, 9:39:55 PM
"
azmodael wrote:
"
azmodael wrote:
Heya Peyter, I was thinking of maybe making a mana based berserker build. What would you see about the following tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAMbYWGO_CPhfPfwkN1_QjM8hkPZI6hBfP8EEFCB_43lo7w4x-6luUEfAGnfjeA1vOwHctfKE2TWSxLhHfv6P2L3V-L02TeP-CmVNplfyRbc-vqc64UGHiFp1y_noXsDqYhg8gse9Jyj6GFaYrbiTHNzr7o8amuCFMqcIMtFFnZ2u2CRFR1NSGmwDdTbFVkjAZjbpkSsfAgSzPAUkqlh3BAeiAJ_f73wWb18Eg9vr5Eyz8B-aO-NqVcZfKtAfl5Vo8oKbOljv61JTfEvsOKyYPV-X9JZ0OtiFe_FsbRknL2ZUNtgI9JBVSRvAVBo4Ko286mpD7FVybGxGMgkAAA==

This should net a minimum of 2k, 2.5k mana with some mana on gear. Reserve only clarity leaves 2k manapool to feed MoM. We can use Lavangia's pots for free Explosive Arrows plus Berserker 2% mana leech plus a massive mana regeneration for clarity.

Also benefit from 40% more berserker damage, 40% more Elemental Overload damage. Possibly need to use that ungil's amulet for +100% crit chance.

You probably missed it. I would really like to hear your opinion.
Has a bit less life then yours, but makes up with MoM. With minimal investment in mana items should have no less then 2k unreserved mana. Easiy enough to feed EA with the mana leech, Lavangia's and Clarity.

Also has a lot more accuracy then your own tree. Your own hit (and crit) chance will suffer without accuracy.

I really think the Duelist starting area is amazing for EA crit. You got movespeed ignore for amror, 40% accuracy, 30% proj damage, dexterity and attack speed.

The mana idea probably works thanks to the mana leech from the marauder and the boot enchant. The duelist areas has its ups and downs but is competitve with the others. I wouldnt go for that much more accuracy, I was only running the golem + the templar nodes and felt like it was perfect. I would rather go for flat accuracy on a ring.

If that little write up isnt enough, shoot me a message tomorrow ingame or shoot another post in the forum. If u try it out keep us updated, I thought about going mana myself but didnt go this route because we dont benefit much from it, its interesting nonetheless tho.

"
dANNY187 wrote:
"
IamPeyter wrote:
"
dANNY187 wrote:

Thanks for updating the scion tree. I see you now have elementel overload skilled but where do you get your crits from now? :D

U need very little crit to make elemental overload work, a ice golem alone or with f.e. a diamond ring will be more then enough

thanks, i will try it out!

U wont regret it! The dmg gain is insane.

"
Eliqq wrote:
I just swapped to EA at level 38. I'm finding it super weak and clunky. My profile is public, could anyone see what's wrong with what I'm doing?

Didnt check out the profile (it's late zz) but if u feel its clunky wait till lvl 55+ to change to EA like i always do in new leauges.

"
captainhector wrote:

Wondering if Lightning Coil provides more survival than a Kaom's Heart.

Fairly certain Kaoms grants us more survivability, can go into detail bout it if nessacary, BUT u miss out on the 2nd 6l.

That enchant rly is cool.

"
Eliqq wrote:

Didnt check out the profile (it's late zz) but if u feel its clunky wait till lvl 55+ to change to EA like i always do in new leauges.[/quote]

What's at 55?
"
Eliqq wrote:

"
Eliqq wrote:

Didnt check out the profile (it's late zz) but if u feel its clunky wait till lvl 55+ to change to EA like i always do in new leauges.

What's at 55?[/quote]

Pls enligthen me also, what happens at 55?!

Also, I didnt realise untill lvl 70 that I applied fire dmg with Elemental Equilibrium haha, finally understand why I did no damage!
Could some sum me up if this is right

5link ea - gmp - less duration - fire pen and fifth link is inc aoe / conc ?

Blood dances worth it without +1 frenzy? Also why we dont use Bloodrage for more attackspeed?

EDIT: Also could you post ur builds for scion berserker/raider, I have seen few but have hard time deciding which one is best
Last edited by TheCreatek on Mar 22, 2016, 4:28:14 AM
Hello guys i was just wondering i just got Decree of Fury enchant on my gloves ! ( from laby) is it going to mess with my elemental equilibrium ??

Thx for answers and thx for this nice build i like it ! ( except when i hit reflect monster out of screen :D)

Faller
"
slickepinnen wrote:
Pls enligthen me also, what happens at 55?!

It just gives your gems and setup and passive tree more time to level up to make the EA work more effectively. Until then, other leveling skills like firestorm will probably give you faster clear speeds.
"
TheCreatek wrote:
Could some sum me up if this is right

5link ea - gmp - less duration - fire pen and fifth link is inc aoe / conc ?

Blood dances worth it without +1 frenzy? Also why we dont use Bloodrage for more attackspeed?

In the end itt really comes down to your preference of play style because anything you through in there will do great damage. Personally, I'd go:

EA - GMP - Less Duration - Fire Pen - Change to Ignite/Increased AOE

For single target, you would want to consider throwing in Concentrated Effect or Slower Projectiles in your 5th or 6th link.

Blood dance boots are fine without the +1 frenzy... that's just a really nice bonus.

Blood Rage is pretty cool... I was testing this out yesterday and liked it. You just have to remember to cast it. It does take away from your defences though because it eats into your life regen.
it's gonna work or not if i change Quill Rain Short Bow to Bow +2 level bow gem and +1 level socket with aps 1.69 some one try it before ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info