[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

What about hrimnor's resolve helmet?

Is that a viable boost?
LVL 100 Talisman

poeurl.com/wpx

10.100 HP , 10k Armour w/o flasks

It was a lot of fun and super safe (100% turtle mode xD)
You don't cap for ele weakness? - Kids these days...

Tanky Flameblast Guide @ /view-thread/1682668
Life based ele Spetral Throw @ /view-thread/1714274
Last edited by 黒い太陽 on Feb 6, 2016, 5:31:23 AM
Hi, I've started this league with standard TS shadow, hit 91 with it and rerolled it to discharge build.

Damage was v.good, but I was dying a lot. That pissed me of. (eva builds sucks atm)

So after month in league I started to look for tanky build to roll and found this build.

Cheap, tanky and simple. It was what I was looking for.

After hitting 93 lv. I decided to get my first 100. It was fun besides some stupid deaths.

I can recommend this build for newbies and veteran players.

@Peyter Thanks for posting this build.

Posting some tips for players that want to level with this build:

- Avoid killing Village Ruin bosses, it's lotto
- No regen, fracture, immune to status ailment and fire res maps are pain
- Too much confidence will kill you (died 5 times @98lv and 2 times @99 becouse of this)
- Porcupines are lethal, use some granite flasks
- Stygian Revenants detonate dead can kill you if you dont pay attention
- Chilled ground + Conservatory Vaal is bad idea
- Ele reflect still can kill you (especially offscreen)
- Quality on gems is very important

Builds pros and cons:

Pros:

-Aoe damage is nice
-High HP pool (7.5k+) with kaoms
-Kinda cheap
-T15 maps viable
-Normal Atziri is a joke
-reliable fast clearspead

Cons:

-Does not have real single target skill (Ignite only)
-Vulnerable to reflect
-EA detonate delay is annoying
-No regen maps can hurt

Last edited by Valathendril on Feb 6, 2016, 10:29:26 AM
"
黒い太陽 wrote:
LVL 100 Talisman

poeurl.com/wpx

10.100 HP , 10k Armour w/o flasks

It was a lot of fun and super safe (100% turtle mode xD)

More life then me, u turtle lol
Why do you spec into hits cannot be evaded? The charges are always left behind regardless. It is for EE and cold/light damage proc?
"
haxanator wrote:
Why do you spec into hits cannot be evaded? The charges are always left behind regardless. It is for EE and cold/light damage proc?

I havent tried it w/o RT, but i guess if the initial arrow wouldnt hit due to insufficient accuracy, it wouldnt actually set a charge, you then have to fire more salves which might ultimately increase the time it takes for the charges to go off. also, critting vs reflect would be hella painful.
You don't cap for ele weakness? - Kids these days...

Tanky Flameblast Guide @ /view-thread/1682668
Life based ele Spetral Throw @ /view-thread/1714274
Last edited by 黒い太陽 on Feb 9, 2016, 10:51:14 AM
"
黒い太陽 wrote:
"
haxanator wrote:

I havent tried it w/o RT, but i guess if the initial arrow wouldnt hit due to insufficient accuracy, it wouldnt actually set a charge, you then have to fire more salves which might ultimately increase the time it takes for the charges to go off. also, critting vs reflect would be hella painful.

From my understanding, even if the arrow misses the charge will still be left on the target, which would make it a bit more viable since we are getting burn damage. Crits will guarantee an ignite. As far as reflect, maybe use purity of fire?

I may be wrong about the charge being left behind, but some other guides I have read have stated they will be left on target even if they are evaded/blocked. I just through together this build last night on a level 70 scion and cleared a volcano map deathless. I love it.

The main reason I am wandering about the non crit is because of the elementalist in the expansion. I would like to build this as a witch with the subclasses: Shaper of Desolation, Beacon of Ruin, and Pendulum of Destruction.

Not sure how viable this would be, but with the prolif, we could possibly exchange Kaom's heart for infernal mantle which would convert some of the damage to chaos and handle the reflect.
I started 2 days ago my try on this build. Its funny, but relative hard to level. Thats not a big deal for me. But I needed some help with Mala in Normal.

I'm curious how this build will scale into maps later on.

@OP Nice guide!
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
I started 2 days ago my try on this build. Its funny, but relative hard to level. Thats not a big deal for me. But I needed some help with Mala in Normal.

I'm curious how this build will scale into maps later on.

@OP Nice guide!

I just did a normal atziri with 4 gems in my bow and no other gems anywhere else for testing. It was a deathless run.
as in the beginning to kill the bosses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info