[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Hey Peyter, Thanks for the guide, I've been playing this in THC to accrue some currency for more expensive builds, it's been great.

With the recent announcement of the Earthquake skill, it was spoiled that the reduced duration support gem is getting a tweak so that it also increases damage. Obviously we don't know the details of this yet, but do you think this is something that would merit swapping into the explosive shot 6L?
AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
ASUS M5A99X Evo
EVGA GTX 680 2GB DDR5
Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling Rig
Currently playing this build in talisman sc and im really enjoying it, heres my gear

And heres my current tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA3UDlgSzBg4J9gthDF8OPBQgFHEWbxhWGjgaPhpsHKcc5ySqJbwnLyftKPo26TsoPAU8LT38QYdG11OlWHdZ818EXz9gQ2P9ZlRmnmhlaHRo8moebj1xhXIPcql2rHrme8N82YIHgpuCx4MJg1-DzIzPkFWRK5RvlKCYrZo7m12drp_fogComqyqr2y3Pr6AwGbEWMT2xq7PftIh1HzYTdi92XzaYttP37_gw-Nq6hjvDu988B_yL_JB8pfz3fZI9zL46_no-tL-Cg==

Any suggestions how i could improve my char?
New video is up on youtube and is currently getting processed. I didnt figure out how to create a notation to let one jump to a certain point in the video sooooo if u dont care about the map u gotta jump in a minute or two.

ps: sorry for the quiet microphone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouLWdD2rhWk
Last edited by IamPeyter on Jan 13, 2016, 5:53:51 AM
To create an annotation that changes time: create an annotation, at the bottom click "link" (video), paste the same URL of your video and put at what time it should jump to. :)
Thanks for sharing the build, it looks interesting, but my main concern is damage mitigation.
We dont really have high EV or AR, woudnt it be good to run like AA or maybe use lightning coil.

Can we really survive only with high life pool?

Thanks
Hi, played this build quite a bit now and is it true that this build struggles with bosses a bit or is it only me? Not talking about the getting rekd part but it feels like killing a boss takes a lot of time sometimes or do I miss something?

My gear:
"
Fathervic wrote:
Thanks for sharing the build, it looks interesting, but my main concern is damage mitigation.
We dont really have high EV or AR, woudnt it be good to run like AA or maybe use lightning coil.

Thanks

short: yes

6k+ Armour & high block mitigates pretty well and the high life pool goes perfectly with the regen and life leech, it benefits us alot more then a coil or AA ever could.
Hello, I am attempting this build in hardcore while I am still relatively new I was curious about itemization, should I be focusing on armor gear or evasion gear and is there any alternative to a kaom's heart for someone who can't afford one? Thank you for this build and hopefully I don't rip too soon, don't know if I could/would continue as standard >.<
"
IamPeyter wrote:
"
Fathervic wrote:

Thanks

short: yes

6k+ Armour & high block mitigates pretty well and the high life pool goes perfectly with the regen and life leech, it benefits us alot more then a coil or AA ever could.

Thanks for the feedback, ill carry on and see how it goes at endgame :)
I'm wondering if Soul of Steel (the 4% phys dmg reduction) would help with the survivability / is it worth it?

@lawwy I'm using a 5l Belly of the Beast until I get a Kaoms/ 6l Quill set up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info