[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

@Edimasta: Hm. What exactly is hitting you? If played well, you should be fine with even 3K hp. It's all about redirecting damage to your zombies. But, if you want more defence, I recommend the Rathpith Globe. Adds a lot of ES, good amount of HP, and of course, more DPS. A rather expensive pick up though, if you have the currency, go for it :)

@xour: The conversion basically means you will do similar damage, partly chaos, partly fire. Vs fire resistant mobs you'll deal more damage, but against chaos resistant, you'll lose a bit. It will add a lot of damage through the +1 to fire gems.

Though... The low mana part can be an issue. We are running a decent amount of aura's, and therefore don't have a lot of mana left. You'll basically take far more spell damage with the armour equipped. You could chose to drop anger to wear the armor. It will still increase your damage output by a bit, just be careful with low and no regen maps.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Isn't better 40hp from OAK than this gem http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Anatomical_Knowledge ?
"
xour wrote:
I found a unique armor that looks interesting, however I'm not really sure if it's good for this build. What is puzzling me is the fire to chaos damage conversion, would that mean that -more or less- I'll lose 25% dmg?

Here's the armor:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, still getting used to the game! Thanks!!

Too dangerous. you will be running at low mana the whole time and take 100% extra spell dmg
@SuperReCuenta: No, not really. Oak gives you only 40 flat hp. Depending on the build and items, that's similar to a 4/5% HP node in an end game build. Anatomical Knowledge gives, on top of the 6 - 8% HP, HP based on the number of intelligence points located nearby. In our build, we would socket it in the jewel slot directly to the left of our starting point, so we would get 70 int from it. So on top of the % HP we also get an additional 23 life from it.

No matter how you look at it, Anatomical Knowledge is definitely better than the 40 flat hp you get from Oak.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
For those of you who are interested in the chaos variant of this build here is the link for my guide. I also have 3 videos uploaded already. Sorry for the low quality.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1530714

What about using controlled destruction in the place of IAOE/Concentrated effect
Do you think this build would do well in HC?

I'm afraid it will be too squishy
@claydbp: The biggest problem I have with controlled destruction is that it seems to lower the damage on single targets. Since the crit counts for the entire duration of the storm, getting that random crit off will add a lot of damage - and consistent shocks. I've tested it on several end game bosses(T13/14 mostly)and felt it wasn't the optimal case compared to Conc effect.

However, it might be a good supplement for Inc AoE - maybe find a way to integrate both of them for single targets. I'll keep on testing!

@Caosso: While I haven't done a HC run, I've seen multiple people doing my build in HC, and seen several pass the 80 mark. I never hear back from those when they die - so I do not know what killed them.

There are a few situations where you have to be careful. Notably the Flame/Shock/Frost-Bearers, and Blackguard Mages Combined with Necro vigel(thorns + undying guys = major damage)

Also noteworthy, From 85 to 91, I died four times total, in the flashback event. Two times to Arc Mages + Necro vigil. And two times on my Atziri attempt - and the last two could have been avoided if I knew Atziri better - it was the first time I even tried her. Now I'm not a pro player, nor do I aim to never die. I like to try stupid stuff, so I participated in all the all-mod-weekends, and tried most of the things in there(Even did Atziri with onslaught and stuff)(Was fun). So I feel that it is HC viable. Especially with a few tweaks.

Speaking of which, I am working on a guide for complete newcomers to the game. Going step by step through the game, giving tips etc. It will take a while before I'm done, Act 1 alone took me over three hours to complete. Now working on A2. Got a bit sick though, and can't play as much as I want sadly. I plan to have it done asap though(maybe one week, maybe two). Got some issues with my recording device so I can't record whatever I want until I get it fixed.

But yeah, with that guide, I'll also be fully updating the tree and gems, including new options and the likes!
I am a nice guy.
I started poe few weeks ago anf this is the very first specc i decided to play. Never liked the consept of sc so i started the game on hc. If there are tweaks to this build for hc i would love to hear them to postpone my rip. Also id love to hear the options instead of spell totem. Really hard to tinker on my own as i know nothing about the game.

And big thanks for the build, had very fun with poe thanks to this
Thanks for this awesome build!

I am currently lvling (im 36 at the time of this message).
One of my concerns is that I was wondering if I should use reverberation rod (+1 to gems socketed and an spell echo support), which is effectively a 4l, for a lot longer.

At the time I am already using both HOT and ANGER, And I am kinda tight mana-wise (weaving a lot of potion driking).

Thing is I have acess to a tabula rasa i'd like to use for lvling, but I'm scared of being nearly unable to sustain the mana.

Would it be worth getting good mana potions + droping HOT in favor of Tabula rasa, or should I just keep my reverberation rod for a lot longer?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info