[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
Usnaucoin wrote:
"
Pyroblood wrote:
"
bewsii wrote:
I'd also love if this were updated for 3.1. I'm a new player and picked this based on how nice the guide was.. and wanted a high AOE Dps ranged character. Unfortunately when I rolled it, I didn't know it wasn't 3.1 ready and having trouble planning for end-game now.

Hey guys, so I just started the game again in Abyss league and wanted to share my experience with this build.

I picked it because it was tagged "Solo Self Found" and "Newcomers" after not play for a few years, I knew that this was the kind of build I needed. It wouldn't need expensive items and it wouldn't be complicated to stat for.

For those of you wondering, I followed this guide to the T into maps, and it worked perfectly as intended. The only complaint being it is like paper until you get the +Max zombies.

That being said, I am now lvl 90 and progressing into T13+ maps. I have made a few minor changes.

The "+% chance for minions to taunt on hit" gems work ridiculously well for this build. My 8 zombies with 16k life have a 10% chance to taunt on hit.

Early on, the summon skele totem was great for bosses. But once I got to Tier 6+ maps it felt underwhelming. I replaced it with VAAL SKELETON, which does the same thing but better. Best part is, you don't need a totem! 1 click and you summon 36 bone shields.

By replacing the spell totem, I was able to add Power Charge on Crit to Orb of storms. Feel free to check my character out to see my gear.

Cheers! Love the build and it definitely works for 3.1.

Using the Elementalist version.

Just so you know, your account is set to private, so we can't actually view your character.

Thanks. Didn't know it was private by default. Fixed
CUT
Last edited by malkav24 on Jan 18, 2018, 2:47:07 PM
Noob here. What jewel should I get for this build.

Thanks.
How is this for 3.2?
"
How is this for 3.2?

Due to Ascendancy changes in 3.2 it requires a bit more of creating work, but it still works, at least to the mapping point.

Due to Paragon of Calamity node, you can now easily farm Elemental Reflect maps.

In late stages, if you decide to go for Mastermind of Discord node, you can add Herald gems to further destroy enemies resistances, but I'm not convinced it is a good idea yet (since you can go for third golem or conflux instead, which are both very powerful tanky/DPS oriented options. Maybe somebody with PoB experience will weigh in on that topic? Especially taking into account how tight gem hole count is already.

[EDIT]

It seems like Orb/Firestorm combo is not working anymore, so I'm not sure if orb + mark is still that relevant. It still provides nice HP refill, but that is probably not valuable enough to justify spending 3 slots on it.
Last edited by Gravedyard on Mar 5, 2018, 11:10:26 AM
Hello, new player here. I've been following this build for about a week now and i have some questions.
1. Since orb/curse doesn't work anymore i was using curse directly without any other skill/support. Is this okay? or are there any more effective ways to do it?
2. What do i pick in ascendancy now? Elemancer gives +20% extra dmg for the third golem and boosts golem's number/damage/buffs and gives protection from ailments.
Mastermind of Discord gives 25% spell penetration and a bit stronger herald buff.
So which option would be better? Elemancer looks like a more defensive choice + it has the potential if i get my hands on jewels that boosts golems.
3. Me and my minions are kinda squishy got oneshoted by Izaro at the The Merciless Labyrinth. Zombies/skeletons gets melted by some monsters at t5. Will it get better with max level/quality skill gems?
Thanks for this awesome build! As a new player, I am intimidated by the building aspect of this game. This build is not only fun but your layout was absolutely educational and broken down for us newbies. Again, thank you! I was truly able to enjoy the farming feature of this game without having to stop and crunch numbers.
Love this build, is there anyway we can get a 3.2 update? Thanks!
"
Vofkapoe wrote:
1. Since orb/curse doesn't work anymore i was using curse directly without any other skill/support. Is this okay? or are there any more effective ways to do it?
2. What do i pick in ascendancy now? Elemancer gives +20% extra dmg for the third golem and boosts golem's number/damage/buffs and gives protection from ailments.
Mastermind of Discord gives 25% spell penetration and a bit stronger herald buff.
So which option would be better? Elemancer looks like a more defensive choice + it has the potential if i get my hands on jewels that boosts golems.

Yeah, I think phasing out Orb of Storms and Curse on Hit is completely fine, especially since you need a place for third golem if you go this route. For example, you can combine Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Warlord's Mark for fast casting, and then put all three chosen golems and add something else into the mix.
But don't forget that you will need to cast the mark much more often than the orb and it will target lesser area, so that makes it more fiddly to work with.

I don't think Herald is as good (hit on mana is a bit too great), but I still did not do the math on that.

Overall, I don't think this build is as powerful as it used to be. It still stays fine for new players, but I doubt I will be able to push harder goals down the line.
3.2 update please. i absolutely love this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info