[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Hey Im lvl 84 in Talisman right now - standard. Was wondering what would be a good build to transition into now when Im entering end-game. I feel firestorm i falling off around tier 8-9 maps...
IGN: Mperor
"
azmodael wrote:
Build idea - my take on the tree.

The chaos conversion way adds a SHITTON of damage to firestorm. My theorycrafting so far wit this tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDZUR6a-nsRd8g5IKwoRlhEvf8YHHutjkyeVLrVINj1sC--I8NWdqiL0-TeP-klRbIxtGdfPXEBirH0Yl_QI9Emxh8vsimvbUlPAVKebLJw9X7zqakN1nhEtzxV8g-vuMtGa4BzcpwhFR0WduJOPGtkLiEDAZlNSKPoqmKasPAUEs4LH-oCQM5_f73yiAPnoHb6aO0GHM4ftPIKbtz4D7tWm_gryRdi9OuE1kqZX_o-18k3jbqpKyD8nX5hZbc8y

Use 5l Infernal Mantle, +1 gem and bonus spell and fire damage are cool! Reserve only 35% mana for blasphemy and cast firestorm with minimal mana nodes investment, never go under 35% mana - use 1 mana pot if necessary, we do have 100% mana regen on tree... have to test in practice, but I think it wont be a problem.

Consuming Dark = 100% chance to poison, lets see how much poison actually help us...

Lets talk poison!

Base of 10% increase, per second, for 2 seconds. Base total 20% MORE damage over 2 seconds.

All our damage is chaos, so we take chaos dmg nodes instead of ele and fire dmg nodes when able, we have to start shadow (tree has 320% increased dmg total for firestorm combined from fire, spell damage, aoe damage and chaos damage)

150% Chaos damage increased, 90% duration, use Blasphemy Tempt Chains as a damage buff and defense curse

Poison now does 10% times 2.5 = 25% More damage per second
Posion duration vs slowed enemies = 2 sec times 1.9 times 1.4 (temp chains)= 5.32 seconds
25% times 5.32 = 133% MORE DAMAGE spread over 5 seconds. Insane, at least in theory. Should be able to shred bosses beautifully. I don't think any trash mob will ever survive more then a single cast of firestorm.

But wait, it gets better. Against bosses we plant a Wither Totem, which gives us 7% MORE damage per stack (20 stacks max for 140% MORE, probably never reached) both to our initial hit and over time poison damage. Once again this double-dips, since its chaos.

Links:
Firestorm - Faster Cast - Echo - Conc/AoE - Controlled Destruction - 6l(Added Chaos)

CWDT setup - link 15+ lvl CWDT to Essence Drain, Contagion and Molten Shell gems for extra fun.
The DOT damage from Essence Drain and Contagion both get boosted by our 200% increased chaos/spell damage nodes and duration nodes. Even unsuported molten shell will explode for over 6k damage, as well as providing 1k armor. If you link it to life leech we might be able to regain 600-1000 life when it explodes with a threshold of 1k damage - instantly healing the damage we took provided we are still alive. It also has a sweet duration of 19 seconds to move between packs.

Move around with Fortify-Faster Attacks-Whirling Blades for that sweet defensive buff :)

Also CHAOS=REFLECT FREE YEY!

What do you think?

Ok. Trying this out right now w/ my LVL 69 shadow.
Here is what I'm finding:
1. working great so far. a little slow and weak, but leveling gems stupid fast.
2. Just got Consuming Dark and trying it out. Still liking Moonsorrow for now, but could change as I progress.
3. A couple of changes/suggestions: no Blasphemy+TC use Asenath's Gentle Touch Gloves for automatic TC on hit. using Windscream for extra curse with Warlord's Mark and Wither.(in Firestormm all three will alternate!)
4. Currently too poor to 5-link/6-link Infernal Mantle, i have a 5-socket, but no links. (need to grind more.)
5. Have you though about Skittering Runes for extra effect of curses on the tree ( near the life nodes to the left of Scion)?
reserving space for edit.
Elder Shaper of Play-Doh
Last edited by jbuehring on Dec 17, 2015, 11:56:35 PM
"
opel65 wrote:
Hey Im lvl 84 in Talisman right now - standard. Was wondering what would be a good build to transition into now when Im entering end-game. I feel firestorm i falling off around tier 8-9 maps...

Can you post your gear and gem setup ? Maybe you can upgrade before rerolling another toon.
Where did PewPew go anyways ?
This is my first time playing a Witch and I decided to follow this guide... so far a lot of fun and pretty impressive :) The only thing stressing me out is when a huge load of stuff is happening on screen, surrounded by mobs / effects then I might die pretty quickly as I lose overview, and survivability seems to be really dependant on the gear...

I kinda have issues with Hearald of Thunder and the Curse on Hit... not working very often, meaning I rarely see any bolts of lightnint coming down, cursing enemies :(
I won't play this build cos I got many other chars. Just want to post here to say GRATZ for a wonderful and well detailed post.

Yes mate, bravo.
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Dec 21, 2015, 5:41:11 AM
Hah, I was absorbed with some other skills! Trying to get those challenges(almost 90!), totally forgot checking this topic, sorry all!

@Geralt_DF Should be possible, I'm not sure if you really need minions then though. Just make sure you get high totem health, and it should be fine.

@azmodael Work it out, seems solid :)

@Kyr_Un That weapon can easily carry you to end game. Just make sure you get enough defences from the rest of your gear(Health etc), since you are already using three slots for uniques(Helm, weapon, shield), you might end up with low health.

@opel65 That is strange. I never had any problems, chained T12/13 maps before the buff. What are the links, and your gear? If you really want to swap into something else, I hear fireball is strong with the new threshold gem. Maybe that's worth a try?

@Edimasta Hm. Do you still have that problem? Make sure to pick up Celestial Punishment for that extra shock chance. Otherwise, you could try linking an Innervate instead of faster casting for now.

Thanks all for your comments and feedback, it's really appreciated!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
@Appels - I conifirm that the build is a great success. I am about to make some adjustments though - the Blasphemy Temp chains is not as good as I thought it would be and the zombies are more of a hindrance now that I have a 6l and i just whirl between packs and kill them fast.

I'll make a spin-off build once i've got the changes up and running. Planned effective EHP of 10k on 3ex budget.
Shocking is now no problem at all thanks to helmet and weapon... but now I lack survival somehow :) Currently 66 and I am asking myself if there are anymore endgame uniques that fit this build, but that also push life and energy shield?

Resistances are no problem, but getting enough life and shield is somehow ;)
I found a unique armor that looks interesting, however I'm not really sure if it's good for this build. What is puzzling me is the fire to chaos damage conversion, would that mean that -more or less- I'll lose 25% dmg?

Here's the armor:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, still getting used to the game! Thanks!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info