[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

How good are these gloves for this build?

"
How good are these gloves for this build?

I guess not really good because you can't have more than 2 curses on the enemy anyway.

So the only thing you're saving is the slot where chains would be.
Plus there's basically no life and literally no resistances.
On another topic.

Any idea how controlled destruction works with elemental overload?
Everyone says that critchance wont go below 5% but if I'm using CD elemental overload never triggers.
I remove it and it triggers reliably.
(and my wand has like 8% crit chance)
Last edited by DFishoo on Jun 15, 2016, 10:55:07 PM
Thanks for such the well-written, indepth guide. Easy to follow and really nice explanations for your methods and reasoning behind all your choices. Really appreciate the extra length, this is helping me get back into the HC Prophecy league :'D.
How good would Liege of the Primordial be for this build? Out of curiosity.

This is my current setup. 2.6k Tooltip @ lv 68. How else would you improve my current gear?

I was thinking of getting a rare helm with +max life/Firestorm aoe explosion. How is the wand? It's donated by a friend

P.S

Can I use shield charge instead of flame dash?
Last edited by azrielvon on Jun 28, 2016, 9:02:01 AM
Liege of Primordial is already in the build ;)

@azrielvon: Well, your weapon could use an upgrade, try to get a helmet with Minion +2, if you can get some resistance on something else, gloves with minion life isn't a bad idea either.

But I think a few levels will do most for you. Your gear is solid to go far with anyways!

As for Shield Charge, I haven't tested it, but it could be possible. I believe you do need a melee weapon then though. Not sure how it will be without any attack speed.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Jul 2, 2016, 11:27:20 AM
Big thanks for this build, i was looking for something straightforward and fun to get me back into the game and this carried me to 24 achieves without even trying, haha. Haven't had a build hook me like this in a while. I even managed to get a friend to come back to the game for the season by bragging about how sick the build was.

I changed a few things here and there, i got lucky enough to have a Doedre's Damning drop my first lab run and i knew i wanted to tri-curse for it, so i farmed like mad and got myself a Heretic Veil and it's just nasty. I wasn't getting enough leech off of Herald's curse on hit, but with Warlords in an aura i have permanent endurance charges and nonstop leech, it's pretty great. Had to drop Anger for it, but i think it was a fair trade. I also opted for a Consuming Dark in spite of its conversion nerf, it's a lower tooltip but the poison definitely felt like it boosted my clear speed and it makes it a lot easier to cast and move thanks to the added dot.

So yeah, thanks again! I'm working up the confidence for uber lab and Atziri, pretty sure it'll do just fine though. I've not run into any walls yet honestly.
Hi! Thanks a lot for this guide, it's really well-explained, fun, and efficient (even if it's sometimes hard to see anything in all this orange-apocalypse-mess, but that's cool - well, at least for me, not for my party)

I was wondering if a double Consuming Dark would be a good idea on this build? Of course ,it would reduce survivability, but i'm not having any trouble right now (doing T8-T12 magic or rare maps) and reflect wouldn't be a problem anymore (i have currently one consuming dark, and I can already run reflect map, but not at full speed). Also, fire penetration wouldn't be necessary anymore and i could swap for an increased duration support (I only have a 5L, but i guess i could add a controlled destruction or a void manipulation if i ever find a 6L), and I bet our poison damages could be very good with all this increase duration.

I was also wondering how a combo Taming + Emberwake could work with this build (elemental conflux = 100% ignite as long as you have mobs), but, then, I saw Taming prices...
Interesting. I would stick with one consuming nevertheless, and keep the shield. Especially if you plan on going with the emberwake + Taming combination(or just the taming alone) - you would lose a lot of survivability from your rings alone. Best to have at least a good shield to back that up.

If you are going with that combination, you will need to run The Writhing Jar. The damage boost is only needed for some bosses - usually the ones that spawn alone(Atziri or Izaro come to mind). Use the writhing jar to trigger elemental conflux during those bosses. Other then that... if it works per stack, it should be a huge damage increase. Interesting, I'm curious to find out myself.

If you do decide to go with double consuming darks, void manipulation is a major increase due to the 'more' modifier. So make that your 5th gem!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info