[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Can an Intel core 5 3230M

AMD Radeon HD 7670 2GB DDR3

6GB ram

laptop run this build?
HoT and curse on hit is not giving me any endurance charges, am I missing something?
"
Casperrrr wrote:
HoT and curse on hit is not giving me any endurance charges, am I missing something?

You need warlord's mark linked to it and to proc curse on hit you have to kill shocked enemies.
You might have a problem with shocking before you get elemental conflux from ascendancy.
Last edited by Materacyg on Jun 6, 2016, 2:45:10 PM
I'm so glad this thread got bumped and I noticed it.

I was struggling to pick a build for Prophecy for weeks. I wanted something caster oriented or perhaps summon oriented, but with me doing most of the damage and not the summons; I'm not too big of a fan of passive damage, which rules out totem builds and full on necromancer-themed builds. I ended up going generic Firestorm (ZiggyD's version), and I'm already getting bored of it and was considering to just switch to Flameblast which has a bit more of a 'twist' to it.

But not anymore. This concept of having a meatshield army of skeletons whilst I'm casting from the backline fits the exact Witch fantasy I wanted to play out, and it all seems to work so well together with the way AI functions and the Convocation and everything. Just beautiful. And I'm already halfway there with my Firestorm character too. I'm definitely going to switch to this and run this as my main and only Prophecy character. Thank you so much.

That said, there are quite a few things I'd like to discuss or at least mention about the build itself.

First off, the double golem 2.3 change. Can't we just... run two Flame Golems? Like actually. Maybe we don't get the 40% buff to element again, it's hard to tell from the wording, but I'd imagine the 100% increase to the golems buff WILL work twice. I don't have the tools to test this yet, could you check it with your char maybe? If that doesn't work, I'd also take a look at Mastermind of Discord and using Lightning Warp as a movement skill instead of Flame Dash. People already do this with Flameblast builds, I don't see a reason it wouldn't work here.

Secondly, lots of builds I know run Increased Duration in the CWDT cluster. I'd imagine it's even better with this build because we already grab a lot of the Increased Duration stat from passives, as well as we generate Endurance charges from the Warlord's Mark, the final duration of Immortal Call procs should be pretty impressive. I find all the other options you have listed kinda lackluster in comparison imo.

Thirdly, is mana sustain really such an issue that you have to run a mana pot? I hate using those lol. Elreon rings/amulet maybe (-mana cost mod)? And maybe try to get Righteous Decree in the skill tree (http://i.imgur.com/DlY582H.png). Could even contest Warlord's Mark curse slot if the mana cost reduction is enough, and run something like Enfeeble/Flammability for curses. Just trying to think of ways to scale this further with higher level/gear, as far as uniques go it seems to be just Carcass Jack that offers anything.

And finally, how much time do you actually end up having to use to take care of the summons? Wouldn't it become tedious in the highest level maps, or they actually not die? I've never ran zombies so I have no idea. I guess the skeletons are 'easy' since you summon them via the totem, but I guess that's on-demand only for bosses or whatever.

Let's see where this goes, heh.

P.S.
Whoever said the guide isn't thorough is trolling btw. The interactions between skills are explained very well. The only thing that felt unnecessary/redundant is the very last paragraph about Controlled Destruction. I'd restructure the whole description, and just list all the damage gems first and then the smaller/bigger AoE as "options". That's how I'll approach it anyway - run full dps gems first with a 5L, if I feel like my raw damage is enough, switch to bigger AoE for faster clearing, and maybe switch to the smaller AoE for bosses (depends which ones and how lazy I am). Also, the very first introduction paragraph is 'cut off', looks like a copy paste fail or something. Not important, but fix it :D
Last edited by M4RED on Jun 6, 2016, 11:26:52 PM
Nvm, double golem doesn't work, was tested with Clayshapers (see wiki). Flame+Lightning is definitely the way to go. Still a very strong option overall and the best 4th Ascendancy for us

Lightning Warp gets gimped by Increased Duration, which we grab a lot of in the passive tree, so Mastermind of Discord is no go
Last edited by M4RED on Jun 7, 2016, 1:07:50 AM
@kiux97: Hm.. I'm not the person to really advice you about that, as my knowledge on hardware isn't really all that up to date. But as a rule of thumbs, if you can run the game normally at good fps, you should be able to run this build!

@Casperrrr: It's been said, but yes, you need warlords mark linked to it, and shaper of desolation allocated! If you don't have it yet, an alternative could be warlords mark on blasphemy(I ran without anger until level 60-ish)

@Thaya: I'm glad you found it haha :)

- You figured it out yourself, but it does not work. While you can have two of the same golems running, that's all there is to it, besides that, they won't do anything for us buffwise(Tested it with both the tree and weapon).
- Totally. I just don't think it's really necessary, as physical damage is barely ever an issue for me, but inc duration is definitely an option.
- As for the mana pot: you can find ways to run without it, but that would make many map mods really hard to run. With that single pot, we don't have to worry about decreased regen, no regen or no leech mods. And while you can easily reroll those mods for something else, I personally don't like to! I think you have roughly a mana cost of 90/cast around level 20 in a 6 link. It's possible to sustain without pots, but in the end, I personally wouldn't recommend.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
Thaya wrote:
Nvm, double golem doesn't work, was tested with Clayshapers (see wiki). Flame+Lightning is definitely the way to go. Still a very strong option overall and the best 4th Ascendancy for us

Lightning Warp gets gimped by Increased Duration, which we grab a lot of in the passive tree, so Mastermind of Discord is no go

Mastermind of Discord is way better than the crappy golems.

Is it THAT hard to drop an orb of storm once per 10 second?
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Jun 7, 2016, 3:23:09 AM
Hello, first off, thank you for the detailed guide. It's great fun so far to play this build!

I have a question.
I'm not a frequent player so I probably missed something.

So I got a 4link helm

Herald of Thunder -> Curse on Hit -> Warlord's Mark and I thought running Enfeeble since I got the colors.

The problem is whenever I put Enfeeble in to the helm I get the procs when I shock enemies BUT I do NOT get any Warlord's mark curse and absolutely no Endurance charges. As soon as I remove Enfeeble the WM starts procking on almost everything.

Am I doing something wrong or just the two curses can't work together like this in the new patch ?
"
booneht_ wrote:
Am I doing something wrong or just the two curses can't work together like this in the new patch ?

Normally you can only have one curse at a time on an enemy, with the most recently cast curse overwriting the previous. You can only apply more than one concurrent curse with certain unique items, passive skill and ascendancy skill - do you have any of these? If not, only one curse will work.
"
Norky wrote:
"
booneht_ wrote:

Normally you can only have one curse at a time on an enemy, with the most recently cast curse overwriting the previous. You can only apply more than one concurrent curse with certain unique items, passive skill and ascendancy skill - do you have any of these? If not, only one curse will work.

Okay, that explains it all. As I thought, it was my fault and wasn't aware of this. Thank you very much for the information ! I will look for an item allowing me to stack them in the future or get the Whispers of doom .
Last edited by booneht_ on Jun 7, 2016, 10:40:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info