[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

In this case it's actually fine to have them lvled. Point is that if u have them with low level they trigger for every scratch and sometimes that's good. On the other hand with them lvld it'll trigger only when necessary that's probably better since frost wall can save you quite often but tends to be annoying if too frequent.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
Timex1 wrote:
Loving this build so far. I had the currency to upgrade several parts (since this is character number 2). On the hunt for better rares. But overall enjoying the hell out of it.

Really looking for one of those new t1 spell damage tali's to drop with good rolls. lol. One can dream.

OK I "borrowed" some of these ideas and I am now posting my stuff here for others to maybe be inspired like I was. Also I am very open to suggestions! Thank you timex1!

Edit: And thank you PewPewPew <3

Depending on the map I tend to switch "Convocation" for concentrated effekt and / or "Fire Penetration" for "IIQ"

At the moment the "Voidbringer Gloves" and their attribute "+88% Mana cost of skills" is giving me a bit of trouble since we have so much reserved mana. I fight this by ofcourse using Warlordsmark and the combination of my manaflask and belt. This usually works very well. 2 Casts are usually enough to fill up the flask again.

Also I am absolutly not sure if the gloves are worth it. I found them that's why I try them. I wouldn't have bought them.
Last edited by FatHorse on Feb 28, 2016, 5:10:31 AM
Spoiler

I'm going with those at the moment, still good at level 89. Since i don't have a portal gem i'm messing around to choose the last support gem, using convocation atm and it's quite useful, i should test more to decide if it's better tha vaal skeletons though.

Not sure if doryani's allright there, since it take more mana, but actually it boosts quite well dps and harald of thunder can freeze/chill small groups of mobs here and there on a very random basis.

I feel also very satisfied about the rolls of my flask, adrenaline on quicksilver is awesome! Atiziri promise on the other hand is just a test, my official 4th flask is this one

"
FatHorse wrote:

At the moment the "Voidbringer Gloves" and their attribute "+88% Mana cost of skills" is giving me a bit of trouble since we have so much reserved mana. I fight this by ofcourse using Warlordsmark and the combination of my manaflask and belt. This usually works very well. 2 Casts are usually enough to fill up the flask again.

I would'nt use that one myself, it looks really more like an unnecessary headache than a useful item for the build :P
Last edited by Frattagli4 on Feb 29, 2016, 1:47:39 PM
Hey hey, sorry for the absence :x

I looked into the 2.2 patch and new content, and came to one simple conclusion: Just like 2.1, 2.2 has been good for this guide. While there hasn't been any major buffs to Firestorm, we do have more supports to play with and of course the new ascendancy to dive in. All the witch ascendancy classes are really good for us.

Necromancer offers us more skill duration(Mistress of Sacrifice), Physical damage reduction(Flesh Binder) and a nice damage boost(Spirit Eater). If we go with this class, we will have to make a few small adjustments to the build, mainly adding Bone/Flesh Offering. From all the three, I find this one the least interesting though, but it's a nice balance between offence and defence.

Elementalist is all about damage. With a fire golem, we get a nice damage boost(Liege of the Primordial), And with damage, I mean a lot of damage(Elemental Pendulum), and we don't have to pick up any shock chance from the tree anymore(Shaper of Desolation),

The Occultist is for those that want to be tanky(HC should pick this one up). The main reason is Vile Bastion, and Wicked Ward, adding a ton of ES and ES regen to the build. Even though our ES pool isn't big, the constant regen should still make this worth it. If you care less about the regen, You can also pick up Malediction and Profane Bloom for that extra curse and damage. Enfeeble or temporal chains will also be a great asset if you want to survive a bit longer.

We don't really need to change the tree. We're not interested in the new keystone, nor has anything major changed in our tree.

As for Izaro... From what I have seen, he should be pretty doable for us, at all stages. Of course, I can only say this for sure when I get to test him myself, but for now, I say this build is Ascendancy ready!

As for the Step by Step guide.. Well with Ascendancy incoming, it might be not the best Idea to continue on that one. If I find the time for it, I probably will start a new one - only not just focused on firestorm, but really just a Step by Step PoE guide. Can't promise anything though, but who knows :3
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"

I looked into the 2.2 patch and new content, and came to one simple conclusion: Just like 2.1, 2.2 has been good for this guide. While there hasn't been any major buffs to Firestorm, we do have more supports to play with and of course the new ascendancy to dive in. All the witch ascendancy classes are really good for us.

Necromancer offers us more skill duration(Mistress of Sacrifice), Physical damage reduction(Flesh Binder) and a nice damage boost(Spirit Eater). If we go with this class, we will have to make a few small adjustments to the build, mainly adding Bone/Flesh Offering. From all the three, I find this one the least interesting though, but it's a nice balance between offence and defence.

Elementalist is all about damage. With a fire golem, we get a nice damage boost(Liege of the Primordial), And with damage, I mean a lot of damage(Elemental Pendulum), and we don't have to pick up any shock chance from the tree anymore(Shaper of Desolation),

The Occultist is for those that want to be tanky(HC should pick this one up). The main reason is Vile Bastion, and Wicked Ward, adding a ton of ES and ES regen to the build. Even though our ES pool isn't big, the constant regen should still make this worth it. If you care less about the regen, You can also pick up Malediction and Profane Bloom for that extra curse and damage. Enfeeble or temporal chains will also be a great asset if you want to survive a bit longer.

We don't really need to change the tree. We're not interested in the new keystone, nor has anything major changed in our tree.

As for Izaro... From what I have seen, he should be pretty doable for us, at all stages. Of course, I can only say this for sure when I get to test him myself, but for now, I say this build is Ascendancy ready!

As for the Step by Step guide.. Well with Ascendancy incoming, it might be not the best Idea to continue on that one. If I find the time for it, I probably will start a new one - only not just focused on firestorm, but really just a Step by Step PoE guide. Can't promise anything though, but who knows :3

Why you wouldnt be interested in Elemental Overload? Its close to the pathing (2 points) and for what streamers have shown its constantly proccing without any crit investment (plus you could use Storm Orb to help it proc and curse from afar). Basically an almost free 40% MORE multiplier since this build is not Crit focused, even with Controlled Destruction on my setup Im proccing Herald of Thunder constantly.

Id love to hear your thoughts on this!
Thank you for the amazing guide, one of the best around
Last edited by valdivia1109 on Mar 3, 2016, 10:09:23 AM
Don't forget that you also have shock chance from the tree - you most likely trigger HoT through that.

The problem with crits is that they don't apply on each individual bolt - it's triggered over the entire storm. So, if the first bolt of the storm crits, the others will as well. This basically means, that if you have 5% crit chance(reasonable), one in every 20 casts will be a crit(statistically speaking). While you probably can get a decent amount of casts in 8 seconds, you won't be mass casting firestorms - you usually just end up casting once or twice, with movement in between. I'm not sure if we will trigger it enough times to really benefit that node.

But, it is an interesting thought, 40 more is a lot. I'll be sure to test it myself tomorrow :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
Don't forget that you also have shock chance from the tree - you most likely trigger HoT through that.

The problem with crits is that they don't apply on each individual bolt - it's triggered over the entire storm. So, if the first bolt of the storm crits, the others will as well. This basically means, that if you have 5% crit chance(reasonable), one in every 20 casts will be a crit(statistically speaking). While you probably can get a decent amount of casts in 8 seconds, you won't be mass casting firestorms - you usually just end up casting once or twice, with movement in between. I'm not sure if we will trigger it enough times to really benefit that node.

But, it is an interesting thought, 40 more is a lot. I'll be sure to test it myself tomorrow :)

Remember you can use Storm Orb (the new skill) wich cast a weak chaining arc pretty fast and in my version of the build, wich is going Necroblock, Ill have tempest shield too. Both of these, plus firestorm, can crit and I believe its going to be enough to sustain at least most of the time the 40%more buff- hell, even if is not 100% uptime its still worth it, kind of like the pendulum node of elementalist.
nice guide
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
I am a returning player and I have been looking for a flashy yet simple build, so I liked this one.

I was wondering what items could I use from these old uniques that I have in my stash. Or should I sell them and get new ones or rates? All these should be legacy, cuz it was over 2 years the last time I played. I'm posting from my cell, so I'm not able to link the actual gear.

Spoiler
The vertex
Voll's devotion
Voll's protector
Rainbowstride
Maligaro's virtuosity
Perandus blazon
Perandus signet
Dream fragments
Divinarius

Locktonial caress
Bones of ullr
Sidhebreath
IGN: BirgitSuomaa

"Man. I shot the hell out of that guy, huh?"
Ellie.
"

I think i'll pick this one! Actually i was using Inc duration in a cheap 6 link, and it's quite effective. I was thinking to dropo convocation, swap the new stone golem instead of that (i hope it will take hits for me when CWDT trigger) and find some space for an offering+inc duration (maybe giving up faster casting for flame dash).

From what i can grasp from my firestorm duration this is probably going to set bone/flash offer duration to 9 to 20 seconds with mistress that's preeeeety good. My hunch is that it can be a sustainable/permanent boost/defence.

Second one will be spirit eater for the boost, and probably i'll drop flesh binder for the one with chaos res/caustic clouds just as last.

The reason i actually want to drop flesh binder is that when i have troubles is when i'm aswell running out of zombies, and in that worst case scenario it doesn't give mi that much of an advantage. I want to use Flash binder and the one with chaos and chaos damage on minions death because they actually give me a boost in situations where i have to replace minions (so i get 40% damage, and me and my minions will be tankier, with them being useful even in death).

I was really looking forward to elementalist, but i don't really know how to squeeze out the best from there, unless i hope to cope well with a lightning warp with less duration to swap flame dash and actually trigger master of discord.

By the way innervate looks now more interesting than ever!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info