[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Hi!

I have startet PoE lately.
I played a Cyclone Marauder up to Level 42 but unfortunatly I have startet Talsiman league a few weeks ago :(

Now a new League is starting and maybee I try the Witch.

But I have a few thinks to think about:

Is Herald of Thunder reliable triggering Curses without any Special Equipment? (I am not sure if you can shock bosses or not?)

Would it make sense to take the Possibility to have 2 Curses from our Passive Tree? (Flammability?)

Would it make sense to selfcast a Ball of Lightning with Curse on Hit and add 1-2 Curses before casting the Firestorm. I would assume that this would trigger Mastermind of Discord from the Elementalist Tree? "Damage Penetrates 20% Fire Resistance if you've used a Lightning Skill in the past 4 seconds"

Or is Shaper of Desolation solving all Problems I might have with Herald of Thunder?
If I use Shaper of Desolation may it not even make sense to have all 3 Herald Skills instead of Anger?

Sorry if I am talking totally crap as I am new to this game ;)
Last edited by Slowdice6 on Mar 4, 2016, 7:09:36 AM
@valdivia1109 It's something to keep in mind when testing it, although I remain skeptical. But who knows :)
I hope we get a buff icon whenever Elemental Overload is active, so we can easily see when it's active and when not. I'll let you know after some proper testing :)

@squalltheonly Rainbowstride are always nice, legacy Perandus blazon is fine too, Dream fragments if you don't like to be frozen(there are better options in simple rares with high health/res), Divinarius is great for the build as well. Locktonial caress, Bones of ullr and Sidhebreath are just fine for leveling. Honestly, I wouldn't sell anything of the other uniques. You might want to use them for a future character.

All you really need is the Three Dragons. That one shouldn't be expensive anyways, around one chaos. If you want to spend on something good, get a good 6 link armor with ES/High Life/Res. But you should be fine if you just get the 3Dragons.

@Frattagli4 I've been thinking about Beacon of Corruption(minions explode on death), and while it's a nice added boost, you really don't want your zombies to die all that often. We want to keep them alive whenever possible, them dealing damage on death is quite counter-intuitive.
I wouldn't give up faster casting as well. I was thinking about replacing the totem with another CwDT.
lvl 1 CwDT + Lvl 5 Desecration + Max level(aka self cast)Bone or Flesh offer. That way, you will generate corpses when hit(also useful for summoning more zombies, and instead of the totem, you just cast bone or flesh offering over and over again. Convocation is a really important defensive tool, since it literally forces your zombies to shield you.

I think elementalist can be still strong with just Pendulum, Shaper and Primordial. You basically get a load of damage with that setup.

Roughly 40% increased damage from Pendulum(100% for 4 seconds every 10 seconds), 60% increased damage from Primordial(40+ from the flame golem + 20% bonus damage from the golem boost), and you don't need to pick up any shock chance from the tree anymore because of Shaper(which means, we might be able to get a more effective tree - still looking into that one).

I have to say though, I'm liking the necromancer tree more and more, the longer I look at it. With a few modifications in the tree, it can be quite strong. I'll think about it some more.

@Slowdice6
- Yes, Herald of Thunder is reliable. All you need is the three dragons though, otherwise it will not work. The three dragons is a cheap pick up, even in a new league(I bought a perfect one @ day 2 for 2/3 Chaos)
- Yes, it's definitely a good idea to pick up another curse. I wouldn't go with flammability though, I would get a defensive curse, like Enfeeble, or Temporal Chains(which, due to the nature of this build, act as both offensive and a defensive curse btw)
- I wouldn't recommend that. Self casting Ball Lightning will drastically slower your clear speed. You will have to alternate between the two spells, instead of just casting firestorm. It will work, but it will slow you down by a lot.
- I think shaper will eliminate all the needs for shock chance in the tree. It is good, amazingly good if you ask me. It's comparable to 20% shock chance, and we only get 10% from the tree :)

And no worries, none of these are silly :)

Edit: So I've been messing around a bit. I think both the necromancer ascendancy and the elementalist version need their own tree. Mostly the same with some little tweaks.

Elementalist: Thanks to Shaper, we don't need to worry about shock chance. We can use those points to get an additional curse.

Necromancer: More minions will be mandatory. I've sacrificed a bit of damage and a bit of life to pick up another minion node. Besides adding another zombie, this will also add a bunch of life to our minions.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Mar 4, 2016, 9:11:07 AM
Just a question not completely inherent to the build.

I've seen in the first post u have firestorm mtx but it doesn't seems you're using it in videos. I wanted to buy one aswell cause even the pricetag is very juicy but after I've seen it live it seems to hurt fps way more than the clean version. Is it really like this or i can pimp my firestorm s without regretting the purchase?
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
It dropped my FPS by quite a bit. Especially when trying to record something, it's quite a bother. But that's only on higher levels. For leveling, that MTX is totally worth it ;P

I have to say that my computer isn't the biggest beast it once was, already 9 years old, so if you have a decent computer, you might not notice such a drop in fps.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
So next I have to find out how to trade ;)

And how to delete a post as it seems :(
Last edited by Slowdice6 on Mar 4, 2016, 9:25:41 AM
"
Slowdice6 wrote:
So next I have to find out how to trade ;)

And how to delete a post as it seems :(

Just try to check out Poe.trade website, once u have a look at that it's pretty straightforward. If I'm online you can just whisp me by the way if you need assistance, I've to guide another friend that's a newcomer aswell so it's really not a problem.

@Appels:thank you so much about the feedback on the mtx!
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
It seems like Elemental Overload would be great for this build as well.
Seems that was covered. Maybe getting this to trigger buy swapping Frost Wall with Orb of Storms
Another thought, with Shaper from the ascendancy do we even need the Three Dragons anymore? It seems when Elemental Conflux is on everything will be igniting, shocking and freezing. Am I reading that right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info