[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Yeah, it is. But you will have to drop anger then. If you just run HoT, it should be fine, with good potion management. It's only worth it if you have a 5 or 6 link imo.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Decided to switch to your build! I'm currently lvl 70 and was a pure summoner. Now after going on with your build, I've got 1.6k damage Firestorm from Firestorm with 5 zombie max (additional only from passives, not single one from equip mod)

Am I going in the right path? Or my damage should be higher in this point?

Got all gems and unique equip already (+tabula rasa). Fascinating build I must say when I'm using your build. :D
Last edited by chad57 on Jan 9, 2016, 9:52:30 AM
Is controlled destruction good for this build since we are not going crit? It is the gem that is making noncrit builds competetive
"
Is controlled destruction good for this build since we are not going crit? It is the gem that is making noncrit builds competetive

i'm using it instead of faster casting in a 5 link, have no problems. It alone adds about 500-600 tooltip dmg to firestorm (which is alot) depending on quality/level progression.
Last edited by LeoXavior on Jan 13, 2016, 2:23:04 PM
Does the HoT + CoH + warlords mark still worK??
Loving this build so far. I had the currency to upgrade several parts (since this is character number 2). On the hunt for better rares. But overall enjoying the hell out of it.

Really looking for one of those new t1 spell damage tali's to drop with good rolls. lol. One can dream.

"
tynen wrote:
Does the HoT + CoH + warlords mark still worK??

if you mean with controlled destruction yes, my base crit without it is: 13.32 and with it is 7.32 is no big loss.
Last edited by LeoXavior on Jan 14, 2016, 11:46:40 PM
I must admit that I haven't played enough with controlled destruction to really promote it yet. But the more I see about it, the more I like it.

My main concern was that firestorm has a certain duration - if you get a crit on your storm, the entire duration will be critting. Since we pile multiple storms on top of each other, having a bit of crit is actually a huge powerspike vs bosses(we don't really need it against normal mobs). I was afraid Cont dest would really lower the damage output against bosses, even though you'd have a higher tooltip dps.

I'm thinking about replacing faster casting with cont dest, rather then adding cont dest as a 6th slot. I'll also most likely put Innervate a lot higher on the list as well. It's probably going to be tied for the 4th place, so people get to chose between Faster Casting/Innervate and Controlled Destruction, with the 5th still being fire pen(or the other way around, need to toy around with it for a bit)

Don't forget tynen, HoT + CoH + warlords mark words because of the Three dragons, not because of the crits.

My apologies for the lack of updates on the step by step beginners guide. I planned to update it once every day/two days, but I've been rather sick the past week, leaving me unable to play the game. Feeling a little bit better, so might be updating it again coming days :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
First of all, the build is quite fun. Im lvl 79 atm.

I'm having troubles with damage mitigation. The zombies do help quite alot, but since we dont really have any armor or evasion, woudnt it be prudent to use something like artic armor, lightning coil, mind over matter etc... ?

Im using a +1 gem tabula, so my ES and life is not that high, but I dont see it improve due to a bit more ES nor like 100 more in hp

I have a 6link cloak of defiance and will be testing it over the next few days, but just wanted to ask what your experience is?

With regards
Last edited by Fathervic on Jan 23, 2016, 1:45:06 PM
"
Fathervic wrote:
First of all, the build is quite fun. Im lvl 79 atm.

I'm having troubles with damage mitigation. The zombies do help quite alot, but since we dont really have any armor or evasion, woudnt it be prudent to use something like artic armor, lightning coil, mind over matter etc... ?

Im using a +1 gem tabula, so my ES and life is not that high, but I dont see it improve due to a bit more ES nor like 100 more in hp

I have a 6link cloak of defiance and will be testing it over the next few days, but just wanted to ask what your experience is?

With regards

I've actually though about using Arctic Armor for the same reasons, I feel way to squishy (Though I just started running maps and don't really have that much +life and +es on my gear)
Maybe adding something other than convocation to the CWDT might also improve the survivability, but I don't know what I should add...

Another change I made is that i changed out the lightning ball/knockback spelltotem for a flame totem with culling strike and item rarity.

Also, what would be good places to add quality to your gems? I've had an 8%Q Inc AOE and a 14%Q Zombies drop. But I want to spend a few of my GCP's (preferably on the gem + gcp = lvl 1 20% gem recipe ;) )
Last edited by Hephoran on Jan 24, 2016, 1:48:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info