[2.2] Hyaon's Fury Lightning Strike / ST || 85k DPS + Light Pen, Budget, Insane Defences, HC Viable

When u have 4 frenzy charges u get 80hp for every mob killed, for clearing its quite enough:) u can always have luck and corrupt hyaon for lightning leech, so far i tried on 5 swords and no luck:(
ING: Glored
this is the first build on the forums i will actually copy it is exactly what im looking for edgy fun and revives the "WTF BUILD ARE YOU PLAYING!?!" feeling im a dude that makes my own edgy builds and i thought of this and BAM saw it and done better then i could of so good job dude i will now start leveling this :)
"
MxZeal1 wrote:
this is the first build on the forums i will actually copy it is exactly what im looking for edgy fun and revives the "WTF BUILD ARE YOU PLAYING!?!" feeling im a dude that makes my own edgy builds and i thought of this and BAM saw it and done better then i could of so good job dude i will now start leveling this :)

Damn, this is hilarious, I feel like I walked straight out of /r/cringe.

Serious though, how did you level up with this? Can you do a 20/50 level, etc.?
Yeah I made a levelling guide for 2.0. It should be really similar for 2.1
Hey mate, first of all, great guide on the build!

As a returning HC player, decided to try your build, lvl 35 so far, using Ungil's Gauche for leveling, going pretty OK with it. I have a few questions, if you don't mind

1) Do you think the build itself is HC-viable? I'm using FB version atm, since I really like melee and semi-melee style.
2) Should I switch to the weapon you reccomend in the leveling section?
3) Would you suggest to modify tree in order to get more tankiness for hardcore?
4) Arctic Armour. I can't really understand how you use this skill. Do you just recast it or is it somehow casted automatically? And if you manually cast it, should you just recast it all ht etime to get 100% uptime?

Thanks in advance for you answers, mate! Take care & stay safe!
"
Hey mate, first of all, great guide on the build!

As a returning HC player, decided to try your build, lvl 35 so far, using Ungil's Gauche for leveling, going pretty OK with it. I have a few questions, if you don't mind

1) Do you think the build itself is HC-viable? I'm using FB version atm, since I really like melee and semi-melee style.
2) Should I switch to the weapon you reccomend in the leveling section?
3) Would you suggest to modify tree in order to get more tankiness for hardcore?
4) Arctic Armour. I can't really understand how you use this skill. Do you just recast it or is it somehow casted automatically? And if you manually cast it, should you just recast it all ht etime to get 100% uptime?

Thanks in advance for you answers, mate! Take care & stay safe!

Ahh thanks! I'll try answering all your questions.

1. I think it can be HC viable since the build is quite defensive, but I've never tested it in HC so I can't be certain if it will survive over there. I would probably switch to lightning strike though, since that generally has better range and thus making it safer.

I think my tree has around 155% life which isn't enough for HC, but if you get 7% life on all your jewels, you can reach close to 200% which might be enough. You can also pick up some life nodes that I avoided, as well as some ES nodes if you need. You need to match the ES with Life, generally aim for ES equivalent to at least 35% of your life (e.g 4500 life / 1500+ ES or 6000 life / 2000+ ES)

Try to avoid the harder map mods and you should be ok.

2. Yeah, I recommend switching to Fidelitas as soon as you can.

3. Possibly, I think it's still possible with the current tree, just grab heaps of life on your jewels and prioritise life. There are some life nodes that I didn't use like the 'Barbarism' cluster, which you can choose to pick up over some damage nodes.

4. Arctic armour has been changed to an aura/buff, so it's similar to heralds now. Basically it just reserves 25% of your mana pool now. Since we use EB, we can reserve 100% of our mana pool with Wrath + Herald of Thunder + Arctic armour.

Good luck!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 4, 2016, 3:39:51 AM
Hi,

I'm running this build on HC Talisman now. Currently lvl 56, levelling using Arc and Flame Totem combo (with Searing Bond as a third dps source if necessary, but usually not).

So far, I'm past Piety and heading to Dominus, with resists capped and Immortal Flesh I don't expect problems. Might be different in Merciless, but we'll see. Even did Piety with Item Rarity linked instead of Spell Echo/Added Lightning for Arc/FT. With capped resists and huge regen, she couldn't get my HPs down fast enough for my slower dps to matter.

Only problem is having 14 base dex, so stats-necklace for now. Got lucky, dropped a low-roll Astramentis which I'll use later to equip Hyaon's and run LS.

Question now is - Zealot's Oath + Eldritch Battery + Mind Over Matter. Should these still be taken in HC?

And also, what auras are ideal in HC? I'm running Discipline + Herald of Thunder (or Vitality if some areas are rippier) while levelling, but maybe there's a better combo out there?

Cheerios!
Hey Abdielyj

Try to get blood dance boots as soon as you can, since they provide a significant dex bonus and frenzy charges. The regen helps for sustain EB/ZO/MOM later, when you no longer need Immortal Flesh.

I still recommend picking up EB/ZO/MOM since mind over matter helps a lot defensively. If you ever have your ES running out, retreat and regen your ES for a while.

Going EB allows you to reserve 100% of your mana pool. I still think Wrath + HoT + AA is the optimal setup. Discipline isn't that effective since we don't have a lot of increased %ES. You can drop Immortal Flesh when you reach 1400 ES.

Your jewels will be very important here. Try to get good life and heaps of attack speed on your jewels, since we are relying completely on jewels to get attack speed.

Since you're in HC, prioritize life, try to get high ES gear (especially the shield) and play defensively. Good luck!!
Hey, I played this build on HC talisman. I have to say its pretty good, u can go melee for nuking boss and stay ranged while clearing and whirling blades is an insane skill for survivability/movement. I managed to get 89 lvl and 87% my personal best on HC ever( so close for achiev/chellange ;/ ), I was doing t9-10 maps easly(Had only 2 drops of t11+). Killed piety in malformation twice, freaking totems in volcano. Although I died a terrbile way one shotted by devourer in Orchard, even though it was like 6th run there with killing boss. Apparently when he does his big blow on golem and ur in range of 1 whirl blade aoe still gets you. Had 5k life and 1800 ES, managed to get 40k dps in hideout and 50k with frenzy charges on 5l.
My gear:

I highly recommend this build to anyone, thanks pizza for sharing it.
Had ton of fun with lightning strike(I dont even remember when i used it last time).
ING: Glored
Hey I have a question regarding spectral throw builds in general if you dont mind!

So basically I wanna dedicate myself to spectral throw because I find the skill really fun but I am having a hard time finding a spectral throw build out of the few that exist on this forum. Basically it has come down to yours and a different ele spectral throw build that has crit though and it focuses more on the right side of the skill tree.

But tl;dr I wanna pick a spectral throw build that won't turn out bad basically because spectral throw isn't exactly as popular anymore and it's hard to know what you're getting into. So basically what I am asking is how do you think this build fairs against other ele spectral throw builds out there. Appreciate the answer if you do give me one :).

Have a good one man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info