[2.2] Hyaon's Fury Lightning Strike / ST || 85k DPS + Light Pen, Budget, Insane Defences, HC Viable

@saxisa

Yeah these are some mechanical issues with Lightning Strike. It gets blocked by obstacles. But overall it works really great and this is only a minor issue, when you get to maps there will be very few obstacles.

And yeah I'm also holding down the shift button. Once you play enough of LS it tends to just become a reflex action.

But if you find these issues annoying, you can always switch to spectral throw or frost blades at any time (just switch out the gems). Have fun!
I think I can live with the LS stuff... more of an overall PoE issue that you can't set attack in place by default.

Do you think the line of sight issue would be helped with chain? I don't see that in your setup though.

Thanks!
@saxisa

I don't recommend using chain. It cuts your DPS in half (cos you also lose the opportunity cost of a gem slot) and it completely kills your single-target DPS.

It might help with the line of sight issue, but it creates even more issues.
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
Nowadays I recommend everyone to just use lightning strike since the skill is just better mechanically and offensively.

What do you mean?
I'm really fan of the animation of Frost blade, and from your screens in the guide, there wasnt that much dps difference between lightning strike and frost blades.
@Aldween

I don't like the targeting with Frost blades. But you can try both out and see which one it is that you prefer.
Another question ... about the Blood Dance boots. In league, no way you can get the older version with better life regen. So it generates frenzy charge but other stats are kinda wasted.

What about getting a skill (like poacher's mark instead of conductivity) to generates frenzy charges and take better boots?

Later i could take Victario's Acuity (but it's really expensive for a new player)
@Aldween

2% life regen is still a lot and goes a long way to help towards sustaining your EB/MOM/ZO. Also the dexterity on the boots is really good, since this build doesn't get a lot of dex from the tree.

I don't think Poacher's mark is that great because it is quite unreliable in its method of generating frenzy charges. But if you want, I guess you could run it and see how it goes.
Well, i took the boots and it was kinda hard to get all resists but i finally managed to get all max resists, as much offensive stats on rings/gloves/belt, good hp pool and 120 dex. I still have a low ES pool (compared to your).

I just don't have any necklace right now. I would like to take a full offensive amulet ... but this build is so weird, i can't find out what's the best option to increase my dps. Increased lightning damage, flat lightning damage, increased WED. It's like i could choose between 35% wed (max roll) instead of 7 attack speed, i took attack speed, no idea if it was the best choice.

Otherwise, I really love your build and your guide. It's so awesome. I'm still leveling, playing with frost blades (i really like the animation of the skill). The game seems so easy with this build.
Next upgrade for my gear would be 6L lightning coil (i got a 5L one) and more ES.

Edit : Nvm, just found out how it worked !
Last edited by Aldween on Jan 21, 2016, 4:43:03 PM
Hello, and thanks for the build guide, in your video of LS 2.1 i can see that inmortal call its activated time to time, can you update your gear and gems for LS please, thanks
@Wattas

Hey man, same build as before just I replaced faster casting with immortal call to help with the porcupines.

Basically just move ur cast when damage taken setup to a 4L. CWDT - IC - Enfeeble - Tempest Shield.

@Aldween

Glad u enjoy it! Dw your ES will get higher, I'm assuming you still haven't gotten all the ES nodes yet.
Last edited by cookees on Jan 22, 2016, 10:10:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info