[2.2] Hyaon's Fury Lightning Strike / ST || 85k DPS + Light Pen, Budget, Insane Defences, HC Viable

2.2 TREE

Shadow

Ascendancy Class - Trickster

Ascendancy Nodes - Swift Killer, Ghost Dance and Shade Form

2.1 TREE

2.1 NOTES

Spoiler
There were some changes to the tree on the right hand side, but overall little to no difference. Static Blows got changed and I highly recommend picking it up. Also since Blood Dance got nerfed, some ES gained on hit will be nice from your jewels as well (2-4 is enough). Also try to get Life on your jewels as well.

Note: Take the jewel socket nodes that need 3 travel points last (such as the one that gives 4% elemental, 4% elemental, jewel slot).

Spectral throw itself got buffed by around 16.7% DPS.

Another note, link whirling blades with Blood Magic, it helps your ES recharge on the move.

The new Vinktar's Vessel is a great flask for this build and should allow you to face-tank everything for 5 seconds, but it is quite expensive. Try to get the lightning penetration or added lightning version. Also use it with a grounding flask so you don't get shocked.

If you are running this in HC, be careful. Don't run maps that are too difficult. Skip some bosses if necessary. If your ES is too low, retreat and wait for it to regen. Get heaps of life on jewels. Try to get 5k Life and 1.5k+ ES by level 85-90.

2.1 LIGHTNING STRIKE EDITION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsLz6O-crKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve3a_kBNpM8 (Speedrun Version)

Lightning Strike - Added Lightning - Lightning Penetration - Multistrike - WED - (Faster Attacks)

2.1 FROST BLADES EDITION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARyL5OYLae0&feature=youtu.be

Frost Blades - Added Lightning - Lightning Penetration - Multistrike - WED - (Chain / Faster Attacks)

BUILD FEEDBACK

Spoiler
"
Glored wrote:
Hey, I played this build on HC talisman. I have to say its pretty good, u can go melee for nuking boss and stay ranged while clearing and whirling blades is an insane skill for survivability/movement. I managed to get 89 lvl and 87% my personal best on HC ever( so close for achiev/chellange ;/ ), I was doing t9-10 maps easly(Had only 2 drops of t11+). Killed piety in malformation twice, freaking totems in volcano. Although I died a terrbile way one shotted by devourer in Orchard, even though it was like 6th run there with killing boss. Apparently when he does his big blow on golem and ur in range of 1 whirl blade aoe still gets you. Had 5k life and 1800 ES, managed to get 40k dps in hideout and 50k with frenzy charges on 5l.
My gear:

I highly recommend this build to anyone, thanks pizza for sharing it.
Had ton of fun with lightning strike(I dont even remember when i used it last time).

"
icy20 wrote:
Here's my updated gear guys:

With those i got 58k dps at hideout with golem active. With 4frenzy charges it gets up to 78k and if i use vaal haste it gets over 85k!!! Since I run light pene the results are better to element resistant mobs/bosses. The only thing is that sometimes I get cocky and think that I can get away with it and kill the mobs before they kill me LOL... I think this is a good time to try the atziri map since the 2 previous times (one at lvl70 which we didn't even pass the first boss, and the other my friend died 2 times at the first boss and after that i got game crash and 1 cocky death like the one i was talking about before) I failed...

"
dagthomas wrote:
Just wanted to say that I am really enjoying this build, currently playing on THC and having a blast. Have had some close calls, and just got my Lightning Coil @ level 82, currently 85.

Current gear:

Sitting with 4847 hp and 1554 shield

Current passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAx4HHg5IEQ8RLxGWFLAWbxa_GdcaOBpsG_EfGB9BJKomlScvKwoyiTaJNuk6WDrYOw1DY0PIRZ1G10lRSbFMLU8EUftTUlRHVUtVxlcpV-JZ813yYeJmVGaeZ71o8nFNcYVyD3Kpd-V82X6vfsd_xoIegpuFMohCjDaNGY9GkFWTJ5OVlG-VLprPmuCboZ2unsShL6IApr6nCKyYrKqtM7FCvorBxcy3zRbVddfP2V_bC92M4BLhc-Nq5Yvr7u0g74jv6_Af8NX06fcy98H31_k3-d360g==?accountName=dagthomas&characterName=FuckingFistFaces

Very fun to play, enjoying it alot - just wanted to say tnx for the writedown :)

"
khacthien89 wrote:
I am boring with Incinerate build so I was looking for something new. Then I found that this build is great.

Thank you for posting it.

Here my gear :

Currently I am lv 78, I got 15k dps with flame golem and 3 frenzy charge. Trying to get + 1 frenzy boots
. In around lv 86 I planed to get 18k dps.
My defense atm is 4k4 life/ 1k5 es. Will reach 5k/1k8 in around lv 88.

"
fogracvxy wrote:
Got new boots for 7 ex and got to lvl 83 got almost 56k dps with all auras and 5 frenzy charges 3.4k hp

"
Aldween wrote:
I removed many of them.
Just hit lvl 80, i got 1.4k ES. It's way enough for me. When you take burst of damage, you'll still have some ES, so no reason to get more ES (i'm still doing mid lvl maps, t8-10, so it might be different on higher ones).

I removed them because i'm missing a lot of dps, so i took some attack speed nodes and also extra charge for frenzy charge. Fully buffed, i got 46k dps on frost blades, that's not your 90k :p

I'm still looking for good rings/amulet (and jewels, but they are so rare), i need more flat lightning damage on them. Also, i didnt buy all piece of gear at the same time, so i got 180 dex, that's way too much.

Here's what it looks like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAImNBINX6g Enfeeble + 60% résist lightning map (only t7 map)
I had no idea how to fight the boss !

Now switching to lightning strike because it's way more powerful (kinda sad for frost blades, i like this skill so much)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

2.0 STUFF

New Video Demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FCL2UDFLoc

Intro

Spoiler

Hyaon's Fury Spectral Throw / Lightning Strike / Frost Blades

So I wanted to test out something different and Hyaon’s Fury was always one of those items that intrigued me which led to my attempt in making a Pure Lightning Hyaon's Fury Spectral Throw build. I also wanted to make a budget build worth something close to 10-15 chaos, as I would only be able to play this league for around 4-5 days. I also had to make this build as tanky as possible to survive the All-Mods weekend (with Beyond, Rampage, Domination, Torment, Bloodlines, Onslaught etc.) This build is distinctively different from standard Ele-Buzzsaw builds; since we are focused primarily towards a single element, don't use BM and take advantage of Lightning Penetration.

Although this build was typically unviable back in 1.3, a number of successive buffs have made this build surprisingly strong. Notable changes include the damage buff to Hyaon’s Fury, the reduced damage taken from Frenzy Charges, buff to Frenzy Charges as well as the introduction of jewels.

DPS

Spoiler
At level 90, my DPS is 20k with LMP and Lightning Penetration. No Flasks, No Vaal Haste.

Lightning Strike with Lightning Penetration and Frenzy charges (Replace ST and LMP with LS and Multistrike)

Buffed Lightning Strike

Buffed Frost Blades with Lightning Penetration and Faster Attacks

Pros and Cons

Spoiler
Pros

- Really Cheap, takes only 10-15 chaos to put together
- Hardcore Viable
- High DPS
- 30% Damage Mitigation from EB/ZO/MOM
- Shield Block
- High Mobility and Good Clear speed
- Fun to Play
- Atziri Viable
- Arctic Armour

Cons

- Low Armour (Depending on Gear)
- Low Evasion (Depending on Gear)
- Can't run BM/Ele-Reflect maps
- 12% increased Damage Taken from Hyaon's

Video

Spoiler

Level 75 char, running a level 72 Underground Sea map with Beyond, Onslaught and Rampage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JtZRUzMKnM

Gorge Run with Level 86 Character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FCL2UDFLoc

Bow Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi8jjKlS0Hk=

T-10 Bazaar map with:

- 21% more monster life
- desecrated ground
- 3 additional projectiles
- monsters have stun immunity
- 80% extra damage as lightning
- Monsters gain 2 power charges every 20 seconds

https://youtu.be/eCWO6rCiowc

For the record, I don't recommend doing any map involving Avian Retches + GMP + Extra damage + Crit. I just did this for demonstration purposes.

Gear

Spoiler

Updated Perfect Gear (For Lightning Strike)

Spoiler

Reasoning Behind Gear

Spoiler
This is my current gear at the moment. Most of the items here are worth around 1-3 chaos except my 5L lightning Coil. I was very lucky with some drops and managed to get an Alpha’s Howl and some other decent items that allowed me to make 2ex and afford this item. Up til around level 70 or so, I used this chest piece to moderate success.

Hyaon’s Fury is my main weapon and I managed to get this decently rolled one for 3c. Try to get a high attack speed roll. The DPS is insane and can be a lot higher with more frenzy charges. However, since I didn’t want to go overboard with the increased damage taken, I only run 4 Frenzy charges which gives me 12% increased damage taken which isn’t too big of a deal.

I’m running Blood Dance boots for the Frenzy charge generation since the degen from Blood-rage is quite dangerous, especially when all my life regeneration is applied to my Zealot’s Oath + Eldritch Battery + MoM combo.

I use a Lightning Coil as my 5L chest piece. Lightning Coil provides a strong defensive boost and synergises very well with Mind Over Matter. This item can be substituted for a decent 5L Armour/Evasion chest. Daresso’s Defiance and Belly of the Beast are also great options.

Ideally, on your jewellery, you generally want flat lightning damage, Life, Resistances and WED if possible. Gloves you want flat lightning damage, attack speed, life and resists. For Shield and Helm, you want resistances, Life and ES if possible. Also try to get Dexterity on your gear, since the tree doesn’t grab a lot of Dex.

Skill Tree - Templar

Passives Progression (Templar)

Skill Tree - Shadow

Passives Progression (Shadow)

Reasoning Behind Skill Tree

Spoiler
This is my final skill tree for around level 80, since I don’t want to run Blood Magic, I path across the Witch section for the EB/MoM/Zealot’s Oath combo which brings a lot of survivability for my character. This also grants me access to several powerful lightning nodes as well as 4 jewel sockets within easy reach. I mostly skip out on all the less efficient elemental nodes.

Get Resolute technique when your accuracy starts dropping, at around level 50-60. Pick up the EB/MoM/ZO nodes at around level 40-50 (when you can equip your immortal flesh).

After level 80, grab all the additional Jewel nodes as they provide a substantial DPS boost as well as more life.

Also grab Static Blows for the Shock chance.

Templar and Shadow are both great options, Templar has an easier start with access to nice nodes early on. Shadow is slightly more efficient and more damage oriented, but the armour and ES from Templar will help with sustaining your EB drain and become a bit beefier.

For Bandits, go with 40 Life, 8% Attack Speed and Frenzy Charges.

Jewels

Spoiler
Jewels are going to be a primary source of damage, since attack speed nodes are quite scarce and elemental damage nodes are quite weak. On your jewels, you generally want (prioritise attack speed):

- Lightning Damage
- Projectile Damage
- Increased Damage
- Attack Speed
- Attack Speed while holding a shield
- Attack Speed with Swords.
- Attack Speed with One-handed Melee Weapons
- Attack and Cast Speed
- Projectile Speed (For ST/FB only)

Any combination of these 3/4 affixes will provide an insane DPS boost (try to prioritize attack speed over damage). You can also grab Life or resistances if necessary. ES on hit is also a nice option to have. I wouldn’t recommend any unique jewels though. Although Static Electricity seems like a potential option for this build, there is no pathing through dexterity and the flat damage from the jewel will be weaker than grabbing increased lightning damage and attack speed instead.

Luckily, since combinations of these affixes aren't that popular, you can get these jewels for quite cheap at 1-5c.

Links

Spoiler
For Spectral Throw, my links are:

Spectral Throw – LMP – WED – Lightning Penetration – Added Lightning Damage – (Life Leech / Faster attacks)

If you go for a 6-L, I would recommend Life Leech since your DPS is already insanely high, although Faster Attacks will provide a very significant DPS boost. Gem setup for Lightning Strike is (Lightning Strike - Added Lightning - Lightning Penetration - Multistrike - WED - (Faster Attacks)) and Frost Blades is (Frost Blades - Added Lightning - Lightning Penetration - Multistrike - WED - (Chain / Faster Attacks))

I also run a single-target Double Strike setup consisting of:

Double Strike – WED – Lightning Penetration – Added Lightning / FA / Multi-strike.

For my Auras, I run Herald of Thunder – CoH – Conductivity, Wrath and Arctic Armour. Curse on Hit conductivity provides a solid DPS boost and the higher shock chance allows you to destroy bosses very easily.

For Utility Skills, I use Whirling Blades – Faster Attacks – Fortify – Blood Magic.

You need to link blood magic with the setup, so that you can recharge your ES on the move.

I also run CWDT – Tempest Shield – Enfeeble, for the extra survivability boost and block chance.

For the golem, I use a Chaos Golem + Minion Life, to provide further tankiness.
So all in all, defensively we have:

- Block Chance
- Lightning Coil damage reduction
- Mind over Matter damage reduction
- Arctic Armour damage reduction
- Chaos Golem damage reduction
- Enfeeble Damage reduction
- Ranged
- Whirling blades + Fortify + ECOMs.

Which makes it extremely hard to die.

Levelling

Spoiler
Levelling might be a little annoying early on. I pretty much used Lightning Trap/ Fire Trap to level from 1- 30. I then switched to ST and used a Fedilitas’ Spike from level 30-62 until I was able to equip my Hyaon’s Fury.

I got Immortal Flesh at level 50 and it made my levelling a lot smoother since I could entirely forego mana flasks. After getting around 1200-1500 ES (or 800 ES for the bow version), I suggest switching to a belt with high ES/Resistances/Life if possible.

Notes

Spoiler
This build can handle most map mods except Blood Magic and Elemental Reflect. Carrying a Topaz flask will be great for reflect mobs. Lightning resist / EE maps are doable since your DPS is high and you have lightning penetration. I would avoid Chilled Ground/ Temporal chains since they are just annoying to play with.

In total this build is extremely budget and affordable. Even with my crappy gear, I was able to get to level 85 without a problem and complete all my challenges in less than a week. Without the Lightning Coil, the gear would be worth around 10-15 chaos total.

As with most ST/LS builds, use your mobility and range to your advantage, don’t jump into packs recklessly, ID your strongboxes etc.

Thanks for reading!

I have made 2 other build guides for Ascendancy for those who want to check them out!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1590929
Last edited by cookees on Mar 13, 2016, 12:30:00 AM
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2016, 8:11:36 AM
Yup, spectral throw with Hyaon's fury is surprisingly decent, even with the nerf to ST. Going RT is the best route since crit is a bit hard to come by as well.

4 x frenzy charge with Hyaon's fury will net you 16% (4x4) MORE damage as well as 48% (4x12) increased damage.
Yeah, I think since the nerf to elemental spectral throw and the buffs to monster life, this is probably one of the better options out there, since you can't grab all the auras like you used to be able to do.

Focusing towards a single element would probably be far more advantageous then going with every element, especially since you can take advantage of the massive DPS boost from elemental penetration, whereas the all-elemental builds would struggle against monsters that were elementally resistant.

Also updated my gear for level 80 and maximized my defensiveness. Build is now very hard to kill, while also dishing out immense DPS.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 26, 2015, 6:52:37 AM
your build is bugging can you repear it?
Yep fixed
Thank you! ;)

PS: Can i put dext on socket tree skill?
And make a tree skill all 10lvl for more understanding
Last edited by HikariSoichirou on Oct 28, 2015, 12:14:05 PM
Yep I added a leveling guide for the skill tree for every 30 passive points.

If this range is a bit too large, let me know and I can also do a 10-20 passive point skill tree layout.

To get dexterity on the tree it is quite difficult. The tree only provides 20 extra dexterity. Luckily items we use such as Blood Dance can give up to 40 dexterity.

Until you get gear with extra dexterity, you can try using this jewel

It's very cheap (1 alch) and solves all your dexterity problems for the short term (socket it in the jewel slot above the witch area). Once you get some more dexterity from items, you can swap it out for a damage jewel. Also, some rare jewels can also roll dexterity so you can get dex from that.

Last edited by cookees on Oct 28, 2015, 10:49:09 PM
final update with new gear and info
Hi im think of this build but can i use thunderfists to make even cheaper?
Yeah thunderfists could work too. A strong life and resists gloves might be better though if you can get a 5L. But if you can't, this is a great substitute.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info