Announcing the Five-week Darkshrine Events

"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Drumheller wrote:
This sounds like a lot of fun! Thank you!

Will it only work for rare items or items of any rarity?

Only rare (yellow) items. You'll start by sacrificing ones you don't need, but then the greed will take over...

Unlikely, given that you guys aren't exactly known for having a good sense of risk/reward. The odds of earning back anything not-shit that you decide to sacrifice to them will not be worth the cost of the good item.

People will just use these as brick dispensers, other than a few high profile people throwing mjolnirs and shavs on them for funsies.

High profile players that cant read that you can only use rares.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Drumheller wrote:
Will it only work for rare items or items of any rarity?

Only rare (yellow) items.

mjolnirs and shavs

Only rare items!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 23, 2015, 12:00:28 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure about sacrificing items to get an area effect... Does put a cap on how good an item people are willing to sacrifice?

Edit: if it was known that there will be a gap in challenge leagues why didn't warband/tempest leagues run longer? I'll admit I'm still sore I didn't manage to finish 8/8 due to the unexpectedly short run time for those leagues.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Last edited by Jerle on Oct 23, 2015, 12:03:48 AM
Will this be a void league? I think you had mentioned something about that in the State of Exile podcast a bit ago.
Last edited by Enja_N on Oct 23, 2015, 12:01:37 AM
Does the rarity of the item (I mean, how rare are the affixes in the item) affect the outcome of using the darkshrine?

Edit: poor reading skills, it has been answered already, xD
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 23, 2015, 12:14:31 AM
"
Enja_N wrote:
Will this be a void league? I think you had mentioned something about that in the State of Exile podcast a bit ago.

It's not a voided league.

"
Jerle wrote:
Hmm. I'm not sure about sacrificing items to get an area effect... Does put a cap on how good an item people are willing to sacrifice?

You can get some pretty awesome effects. An example that Jonathan didn't mention is having it add five rare jewels to the drops of a random monster on the level.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 23, 2015, 12:03:05 AM
"
KaiSong wrote:
High profile players that cant read that you can only use rares.

You know an alternate meaning for "rare" is "uncommon", right? It wasn't obvious they were talking about yellow items.
It sounds like an interesting diversion.

Will there be any detailed info in the lead up as to what kind of mods can be spawned through the sacrifices? I'm a sucker for teasers, but there is also another reason I ask -

It has been mentioned before (and was included in Chris' retrospective review) that the balance between community gathered knowledge and Dev posted knowledge hasn't always been great.

Overall, it sounds like a lot of work is going into the next Temp Leagues coming in December, so very much looking forward to it - and thanks for having something to fill in the gaps for those players who are not that keen on hanging out in Standard for too long.

EDIT: Chris answered this for the most part on Reddit:

"
Chris wrote:
Also, Jonathan only gave a few examples in his post (wanting the community to work out the cool stuff that happens for themselves), but I can assure you that the Darkshrines have a heap of cool consequences. Some of them border on dangerously rewarding, especially if players eventually work out how to get the ones they want on demand...

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 23, 2015, 12:59:58 AM
Will we know what affix we get out of the dark shrine or will we have to figure it out?
"
Chris wrote:
"
Enja_N wrote:

It's not a voided league.

Oh! Even better to sink some extra time into then! Thanks Chris and GGG team!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info