Trash community when it comes to maps...

"
"
vio wrote:
"
Here's a thought: don't say things against the rules.

good one, thx. made my evenning. lol

hint hint: the rules actually allow for no posts which criticize ggg or the game.

Do they? I thought they were more about not criticising other players. There are plenty of threads critical towards GGG.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Summary of Guidelines
Players may not make posts that contain:

R18 Material
Illegal Content
Discrimination Against Others
Discrimination Against Others Based On Gameplay Styles and Preferences
Hostile Comments
Non-Constructive Feedback or Criticism

Advertising Without Authorisation
Spam
Harmful Accusations or Speculation
Manipulation of Quotes
Posting Private Information

I guess the bolded ones could apply, but in practice it doesn't seem to make much difference. Even though it is one of the more annoying aspects of perusing the forums.

EDIT: Shit, sorry for continuing the derail.

Most forum rules are like this.

They are left intentionally vague so as to allow the moderators a sufficient basis to basically discipline you for what ever reason they want. Because let's be honest: anything could be interpreted to be a non-constructive feedback or criticism. That is so subjective every post on this forum is vulnerable.
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
I find that the community is in love with snitching.

If you say something against the rules, some narc will report you
to a 24/7 admin who will act without a second thought.

I used to get away with never talking to anyone,
but there gets to be a point where I want to discuss things
and of course rant, and step out of line...

the last time it happened I quit for about 3 months.
I'm in no hurry to return.

for a community with so many adults in it, lets face it we
are mostly old school d2 guys. why you gotta be trolls?

not returning anytime soon.

maybe next expansion (not mini) and I wont be talking to anyone :D

totally agree with op about maturity of our ADULT community.
Not a fan of 30 year old tattle tales.

I agree with you - at least as it relates to speech.

There is nothing more childish to me than a grown adult tattle telling on someone over a video game. The mature reaction would be to simply ignore the offending speech or challenge it with both dignity and logic. Running to mommy because someone said something you didn't like just isn't my idea of adult behavior.

Where I do support reporting to moderators though is when cheating is taking place. Behavior like this harms the balance and integrity of the game. So that can't be tolerated and moderators do need to be made aware of it so they can take steps to correct it.
Why even say "tips appreciated" anyway? It's just an indirect way of begging for tips. Of COURSE it's appreciated... why even mention it. That's like going to a restaurant and the waitress be like "oh btw guys, we appreciate the tips here". Sounds a bit douche. If you say "tips appreciated" it's because you're expecting it. If someone doesn't tip, you'll have a negative opinion about them. nn to lie

edit: btw if someone isn't asking for tips, i tip. if someone begs for tips (directly or indirectly), i don't.
Last edited by Jaille on Oct 14, 2015, 3:44:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info