Maps of the Same Type Should Stack

Spoiler
You know what? play with 4 tabs. Before and after all the jewels and cards were in the game. For fkn years. In a perm league. While participating in Temp Leagues and Races the entire time.
"shooting-down" bullshit my ass BMBI. you have no damned clue what it's like and yet you still get under my skin as usual.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 4, 2015, 6:12:07 PM
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If you can apply currency to an object, it cannot be made stackable. Because you can apply currency to it.

Stating the way things are doesn't really amount to a counter argument.

I don't need a counterargument. You do. That means you need to explain in detail the method for using currency on stacks of items, & accept consequences of design choices made.

At the very least, what you propose is a huge mistake until the game explains unstacking mechanics better. I believe fully half of players, maybe more, reach maps before figuring out how to unstack currency.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Peterking72 wrote:
In my opinion a better idea would be for map containing is a book type item. It would take up a 2x2 sqare inventory place and would be able to contain 10 maps of the same tier regardless of quality ans such. When clicking on it in the inventory the book would open up a sub inventory to show what maps it contains. In case of selling you simply link in like any other item and it would auto-list the maps contained within with all of their mods and stuff.

This book item could be a drop only item in Tier 8 maps and can only be used after reaching level 80, so it would only be available to the over 80+ crowd.
I think it's reasonable and no I am not insane.

This item could also come in white/magic/rare and unique forms

White: Can contain 10 same tier, non quality maps
Magic: Can contain 10 same tier,white or magic, quality and modded maps(regardless of Quality or mod)
Rare: Can contain 10 same tier white/Magic/rare maps regardless of quality or mods
Unique: Maps to the stars: Can contain 10 unique maps regardless of tier, quality or mods

Have a nice day!

+ Infinite thumbs up to this!!!!!

I'm getting all Horadric Cube up in this post.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If you can apply currency to an object, it cannot be made stackable. Because you can apply currency to it.

Stating the way things are doesn't really amount to a counter argument.

I don't need a counterargument. You do. That means you need to explain in detail the method for using currency on stacks of items, & accept consequences of design choices made.

At the very least, what you propose is a huge mistake until the game explains unstacking mechanics better. I believe fully half of players, maybe more, reach maps before figuring out how to unstack currency.

Lol dude, I don't need a counter-argument to that point because it's stated clearly in the OP. I didn't state that you obviously can't use currency on stacked items because.... that's so obvious...

You unstack them, use the currency on an individual. After a currency is applied, it is no longer stackable because it's no longer the base item. People that don't know how to unstack can do one of many things, including consulting the forums, the wiki, or even reading the tips during loading screens (one of which specifically states how to unstack).

It's actually a pretty simple proposition.

Here are examples of what you would be able to stack:

Here are examples of what you wouldn't be able to stack:

You also wouldn't be able to stack quality maps (which I don't happen to have any of atm).
It would be really nice if GGG would at least make so that same normal (no rarity) maps could be stacked as 3. Would save a little bit of space and a lil easier vendoring. I don't think this would be very game breaking.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info