2.0.4 Patch Notes

"
CadEx wrote:

Some maps have higher levels but lower tiers than others. For example Thicket level 68 is tier 2, while Desert level 71 is tier 1. To make things much worse, the boss of Desert is extremely dangerous, so tier 1 is misleading.

that's why i dont like the explanation that the map difficulty is shown by the colour.
when i first read it i thought it would only get red/yellow when it actually rolled an affix of this tier. but nope. ggg went the easy way.

this is an example why this system will not work as intended by ggg.
as we were told this whole rework was done for new players, those will most likely get crushed by this boss or even a tornado shoting blue pack.

mostly i don't like this new system because of the many workhours (assumed) ggg spent into something that was completely unnesessary.
I agree. Also not noticing an increase in map drops. Found 1 in each of the maps i cleared (0 monsters remaining and 2 monsters remaining), one was lower tier and one was same tier. How are we supposed to get better maps? ...
"
brekner wrote:
I agree. Also not noticing an increase in map drops. Found 1 in each of the maps i cleared (0 monsters remaining and 2 monsters remaining), one was lower tier and one was same tier. How are we supposed to get better maps? ...

Actually, it's good that the change is slight and unnoticeable. They can increase the drops incrementally instead of breaking the game.

However the tier system? So much more obscure than the simple level info. For the purposes of calculating the experience penalty, for example.
Last edited by Asmodeoos on Oct 2, 2015, 6:07:15 AM
..ok all good.. but the fix for lightning warp? thanks...
"
CadEx wrote:
"
Cactus_CZ wrote:
I would just keep the map levels. Tiers look a bit weird.

They do not only look weird. I am struggling to find any benefit of this.
Some maps have higher levels but lower tiers than others. For example Thicket level 68 is tier 2, while Desert level 71 is tier 1. To make things much worse, the boss of Desert is extremely dangerous, so tier 1 is misleading.

Several mechanics are based on map level:
- What maps can drop in an area from magic and rare monsters
- Which maps can be crafted into which maps
- What your experience and drop penalty is

How do these mechanics work now?

edit: I just found out, I have a Thicket map with level 68 and one with level 70. And a Dunes map with level 64.

You are confusing item level and map level. There is no way to see map level on the item.
What you are talking about is the item level, which you can see when holding alt. It's basically the level of the monster that dropped it and it does nothing on maps. There is in fact no way to see map level in-game any more, you just have to do tier + 67 in your head.

Desert is map level 68 and thicket is map level 69, so tier 1 and 2 are correct for what it's worth.

Anyway I think tiers are a stupid idea and your post is a perfect example why.
I do like the colors though, only the new tier numbers are idiotic.
The game is only for rich players

or for player with no real life. 10h+++ per day
u cant now get lv 100 GGG stop

low xp no mouch hig maps and 1 lag u lose ur all xp.(95+lv)

In this state, the game is bad
Fix it back,
GGG keep it up then servers are empty
POe now for player without Real LIfe,
Last edited by jaslord on Oct 2, 2015, 12:14:23 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Version 2.0.4
Map Changes:
  • Map drops have been increased across the board. The chance of finding higher level maps has been increased by a larger amount.
  • Experience gained by running the highest tiers of maps has been reduced.

This patch is bad... Really bad... Just bad...

GGG doesn't want no lvl100 player? That's it?
"
Chris wrote:
Version 2.0.4

The rate of spawning Warbands has been increased. It's now up to twice as high in some cases (such as leaders and Chaos Warbands).

is this related to the zana map mods or do we have access to warband content in any other way?
More maps? Please define more …..

Yesterday I was getting 2-4 maps per map run at a similar or higher level than the map being run. I was having to sell maps, which I wanted to do anyway, because haywire starting to fill my inventory, a nice problem to have,.

So far today I have run 6 maps and found 0-1 map per run, more at 0 than 1, and all were of a significant lower level than the map being run.

At this rate will soon run out of maps.

Why is when developers promise more of something it usually turns out to be less :( :( :(
The game is only for rich players

or for player with no real life. 10h+++ per day
u cant now get lv 100 GGG stop

low xp no mouch hig maps and 1 lag u lose ur all xp.(95+lv)

In this state, the game is bad Fix it back,
POe now for player without Real LIfe,

Last edited by jaslord on Oct 2, 2015, 11:15:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info