2.0.4 Patch Notes

i Confirm that the map drop is still pretty anoying . The game trolls you even with the hardest mods together ( ele weak + vulne or no regen at all ) i think u should set up a barrier for the map drops u cant run high tier maps xtremely moded to get back dunes lol + wtf .

IGN = Tominsideeeee

So... revenant spectre summoners are crap now, huh? Thanks, GGG.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Hi, GGG

"Map drops have been increased across the board. The chance of finding higher level maps has been increased by a larger amount."

Your statement is not true - map drop is really broken now.
Below is my today's drop (tier run/get):
6 (yellow) / 1,2,3,3
6 (blue) / 1,2.3
7 (blue) / -
5 (blue) / 1,6
6 (blue) / 3,3,3
5 (blue) / -
6 (blue) / 2,2
5 (blue) / 5,4,4

As you see the average quantity is not bad 2:1, but quality??
for 8 maps I got only one +1 tier and one +0 tier.
In short time I will be forced with my 86 lvl character to run tiers 1,2,3. No thanks. I will rather stop playing this game. On last Saturday I spend $40 for premium stash bundle but now I think that I shall test map drop first. Now is too late...

Before patch I was able to get higher maps (74-77) but now... I'm loosing them.
Please fix this asap.
"
Qbus007 wrote:
Hi, GGG

"Map drops have been increased across the board. The chance of finding higher level maps has been increased by a larger amount."

Your statement is not true - map drop is really broken now.
Below is my today's drop (tier run/get):
6 (yellow) / 1,2,3,3
6 (blue) / 1,2.3
7 (blue) / -
5 (blue) / 1,6
6 (blue) / 3,3,3
5 (blue) / -
6 (blue) / 2,2
5 (blue) / 5,4,4

As you see the average quantity is not bad 2:1, but quality??
for 8 maps I got only one +1 tier and one +0 tier.
In short time I will be forced with my 86 lvl character to run tiers 1,2,3. No thanks. I will rather stop playing this game. On last Saturday I spend $40 for premium stash bundle but now I think that I shall test map drop first. Now is too late...

Before patch I was able to get higher maps (74-77) but now... I'm loosing them.
Please fix this asap.

You have such a small sample, and only run blue maps even in 73/74s? 8 blues are nowhere near good enough to prove anything... (and you got 17 back, just unlucky with the type)
such patch much w0w
R.I.P 4.B.
seems like im not missing anything
As i have seen on previous post replies, now this game is only for rich players or unemployed peoples.

Make harder to get level 100 is useless with hardcore players, because they will get this level very fast, even if that need double experience.

So, now it's realy difficult to find tiers 7/8/9 maps, and even when you find it, somes bosses are impossible to kill, why ? because this game is calibrate for real hardcore players with mirror gear.

all people like me, can't kill some bosses (and drop maps) because when you see 6 thousand damage per hits, you don't try hit.
You can loose you experience quickly and bosses don't drop anymore... no maps, no items.

I had start again the game with the release of the awakening, but iam going to stop that game et may be start again for the next expansion or build... why ? My character is level 90, ranger, i can't make enough experience, it's not funny, it's not interessing, it's boring.

Other exemple, i have a two hand weapon marauder, it's boring to be kill for nothing with 12k armor and 4200 life, my ranger has a better survivorships due to the evade and dodge skill, impossible to believe it, but against high damages bosses, the armor is useless, you have to block with a shield like aegis or die...

Rich players become richer (selling maps, high unique gear or rare crafted gear), and poor players stay poor,it's near the reality :)

Last edited by BojackSama on Oct 6, 2015, 7:50:29 AM
You cant say that. I play Tempest/HC and I easily reach/kill most Tier 8-9 Bosses
And I only play 2h-4h a day after working and familly

So casuals in Softcore must be able to kill any boss if they learn to play.
Pearaps I agree with you about acces to lvl100 : but do we need it ? It is a good thing to keep reward for long time playing and the game is entirely interesting since lvl 85

Yes I have been frustrated while only dropping Tier1-4 in Tier 7-8.
But I finaly dropped a few Tier 7-9 after more runs and rare-rolling 3-4 times every map.. .and Zana offered me a few more.

So except I still dont understand the absolut need of calling Tiers =/= LVL-67 (or 62 or... I still dont understand)... I love you GGG keep mooving ! We are following you.

Last edited by Hillda on Oct 6, 2015, 9:42:48 AM
Try to show me where is the learning to play when you have a boss like this one in terrace map, with somes rares affixe, making you 10 000 damage per hit, under chaos inoculation ?? so may be 15k damage with it ??

Try it with a two hand weapon marauder, if you want to go out of the hardcore league it's the good way :)

As i have said, with a ranger it's a lot lot lot easier than a marauder two hand, because : one hit = RIP and the ranger move very fast with a good gear.

Try also to kill the orchard boss with your closed range character : 4k damage (fast ball) + 8k damage (slow ball), in fact you have an armour, there is no difference...

If you are speapink about the few weak bosses that every players kill, it's not a reference, for exemple try too kill the graveyard boss (level 72 map) with your marauder with a two handed axes/mace : good luck !

And i don't speak about torture chamber boss on a rare map, good luck ! but i think you can explain how to survive with a two handed closed range character and a lot a skill :)
Last edited by BojackSama on Oct 6, 2015, 11:36:05 AM
Hardcore there are some bosses you should skip, especially depending on build. You could say they could be better balanced (and maybe be right), but don't forget there are many sc players that can consider these bosses a change from the easy boring ones.
Just skip them and move on, better to stay alive. Its important to know how to pick a fight, sometimes there are those stronger than us, at least for a while :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info