2.0.4 Patch Notes

"
BojackSama wrote:
Try it with a two hand weapon marauder, if you want to go out of the hardcore league it's the good way :)

The Terrace boss isn't really a problem, you kind of have to kill it first I believe, because its a soul eater. Anyways, I have a 2h (Marohi Erqi) Marauder, that kills that boss pretty easily (same as Jungle Valley, even double boss is doable). Its not some OP mirror-gear build, it is my first build and had to be cheap. Most of the stuff he is using are 1-3c items, then a Belly and a 5l Marohi. Just stack some life and armour and use Leap Slam / Fortify.

The problem is not that the bosses are too hard (OK, Malformation is pretty stupid on a bad connection), the problem is that Maps up to level 77 have been pretty much trivialized by my builds. The game is boring because it is too easy. The higher maps are challenging and fun, but they hardly drop.

It seems like it has gotten slightly better, though. I try to only run 76+ now. Eventually I want to be able to sustain 77+. Not sure if that can work.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
BojackSama wrote:
Try to show me where is the learning to play

I think the two above answered my point of view.

From an HC specific way I would say it this way : if your 80%dmr and 80%resistance 8K life does not make you safe, skip thoses bosses or play in team so that the weakness of your cac 2H build will be supported with complementary skills.

In HC we skip some of them (Toture, Graveyard...), even in team. That is not a problem.
Terrace is not a problem, I kill it facetanking it with my incinerate or with SRS

This game is not designed to let every character be able to solo every boss with one attack.

Last edited by Hillda on Oct 7, 2015, 5:47:53 AM
The problem with boss is to get more maps with higher or equal level then you invest - at least for me as I'm not rich nor no life.

Before patch there was no problem for me. If we define drop ratio for fixed level as sum( drop[lvl] ) / sum( run[lvl] ) then before patch my ratio > 1.
I mostly played blue maps and was able pretty easily accumulate higher level maps. Almost each run on blue gave the same level and frequently some lower and sometime higher (even yellow and unique). This way I was able to skip problematic boss by exchanging 3 maps for one +1 lvl still getting enough maps to be able to increase maps count run on any lvl.

Currently map drop is broken for me. Due to rare maps dropping of the same level or higher when I do blue my drops are maps with tier 1,2,3. Sometimes the same level and in rare cases +1 (if Zana is present on map). Currently my drop ratio is 5/16 (tier 5, blue only). Such ratio doesn't allow to accumulate higher level maps.

Today I run tier 6 yellow map with my poor MF scion (had 100% rarity & 100% quantity on map). In return got a few six socket items, unique, a few chaos orbs and imagine... 0 maps. Don't want to run next one to get tier 1..3 or again 0 maps.

With current map drop rate in short time I will be forced to run t1..3 only. No thanks. I really would like to get higher tier maps just to check/face other bosses, check other builds - but currently due to broken map drop I have to just stop playing.

Thanks GGG.
Just bought Grim Dawn.
Dont play blue maps for your higher stock : Put Alchemy/Scouring on all your top 3 MAP level
Play your daily Zana

Last edited by Hillda on Oct 8, 2015, 3:13:41 AM
Zana doesn't help, she gives 72-75 maps I think at lvl 8. So even in the rare case that she gives 75 maps - I have enough of those. 75s are my map base.

Maybe I can even sustain 76s. Unclear in the long run since I have only played about 100 maps so far. Would have to run about 1000 I think to have any meaningful statistical analysis.

However, fact of the matter is, map drops still suck hard. I mean, sustaun 76s? That is 6 levels away from the max level and means that you either have to get extremely lucky and get six +1 drops in a row (very unlikely) or get equally lucky and have 3 +2 drops from the boss in a row (also very unlikely). Essentially, it means that I probably will never play a 82 map unless I either buy it or start farming Uber.

So either make +2 drops more frequent (let rares drop +2 maps) and maybe add +3 drops to bosses, or make it possible to sustain higher levels of maps, or both. I don't want to sustain 80+ maps, but I want to at least play them, like, sometimes, and not not at all like it is now.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
lol
IGN: Skyzs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info