2.0.4 Patch Notes

"
It would've been nice I think to have a longer beta but by the same token there was starting to be a lot of unrest about the patch delays. It was first anticipated in April, then SURPRISE there's a Beta which had no definitive timeline. There was already a much more extended period without a content update than usual and the decision was basically a) do we release it now and ask forgiveness or for any issues or b) do we prolong the beta and risk losing more players?

Fully agree that in all cases there was a risk of waiting too much time etc ... and not many alternative to retain players trought some additional contents in the mean time.

But seeing this league ending at not even 3 months and all hotfix / hurry changes / drama that has been necessary i'm not sure it has been a real success at the end. We will never know what would have been better but we can be sure next time it will be managed in an other way for the best, of course.

There is a better communication between GGG since Dev manifesto are there mostly and yeah thanks to support who spend time to read discussions and clarify them when they have time for that.

"
I don't know if a survey is exactly the solution. Indirectly they can actually track that on the back end by taking a look at a player's history in terms of how long the usually stick around in challenge leagues, or after a patch release, compared to how long they stuck around this time; did they stop at a particular map tier or zone level; how is that different compared to what they stopped at previously in 1.3; did they suddenly change from solo to group play; etc. They can gather a lot of that just from their data logs and make some inferences.

Well i experienced to do that in a different situation than a game with millions subscribers like PoE of course and it worked pretty well.

You would be astonished to see how players can show much more interest when informations are displayed directly into the client for example than then you have to run after them.

While survey won't solve all eventual stats / feedback problems it may increase a bit feedback from a active userbase / new players aswell and get accurate result on defined questions where you need answers to put in equation.

Also noticed some new players has been quickly burned out by forum's discussion while a survey doesn't intend to go this way.

So at the end reddit / forum would stay for pure feedback and discussion and survey + stats GGG are collecting to see if these feedback are representative or not.

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Sep 30, 2015, 7:05:17 AM
"
mruuh wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
I am honestly shocked that after the floodgates opened against the proposed change to map tiers that you're still going ahead with it and/or not keeping the level above-the-line on the map item itself.

I'm rarely disappointed in this game's development. This is one of those times.

The sad thing is, in a few months, people will (naturally) get used to the "map tiers", and few will remember how beautifully simple and straightforward "map levels" were.

Me, I can't wait for Grim Dawn to get finished. This game is moving further and further away from PoE I liked.

If Grim Dawn is anything like Titan Quest(they are from the same developpers), then I won't be swapping PoE for it; especially if I have to pay $25 for it. I loved Titan Quest, but PoE is so much more enjoyable.
Such is the vastness of his genius, that he can outwit even himself.
Can't wait to see the new div. cards. Great job ignoring feedback on map tiers tough :)
"
The rate of spawning Warbands has been increased. It's now up to twice as high in some cases (such as leaders and Chaos Warbands).

HAHAHA! Nice timing, guys. Less than a week before you remove them from the game. Thanks for listening to the feedback...
"
The Onslaught mod from Zana's crafting bench no longer grants additional movement speed to monsters. Due to this, the Increased Item Quantity granted by the Zana mod has been reduced from 40% to 30%.

Why not just rename it to Slowslaught? The logic has been strong with GGG in the last 10 months...
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Last edited by liquidSG on Sep 30, 2015, 7:34:55 AM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 2.0.4
Balance:
  • Monsters can no longer be touched by multiple Tormented Spirits. Rare and Unique monsters can still be possessed by more than one Spirit.

So now you're going to un-nerf the IIR/IIQ bonus from touched monsters that you changed in https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1408303 which destroyed any reason to chase ghosts but left ghostbusting effectively untouched, right?

Right?

-

The rest of the patch notes look pretty meh, although lower damage in act 4 is nice. Nothing in there that would change the tedium of levelling, so I'm still going to be playing other games until the next major patch.

Edit: grammar

I hope they bring back the old IR/IQ too.. it's so terrible already.
"
Chris wrote:

Map drops have been increased across the board. The chance of finding higher level maps has been increased by a larger amount.

Is this real life?
This is a buff.
Cool that you took away Ghost Busting, but please make amendments to the previous IIQ/IIR nerf on Tormented. I get that it was a temp solution, though now that it's impossible to double/triple ghost entire maps of mobs, I'd highly appreciate a rollback on the previous nerf, to actually have somewhat of an ROI from single ghosting mobs.

Overall the changes are fine, I don't quite understand why people are crying so much over a simple change between map levels and tiers, which in the grand scheme of things just makes much more sense. Like how hard is it even to understand that maps start at monster level 68, so a tier 8 map is 75 for regal recipe and so on. You don't particularly need to have finished MIT cum laude to understand what's going on.

I just hope that GGG starts listening (even) less to the crybabies that haunt this community in the future. Whether its silly QoL features like having your pet around - like lol, or the amount of tears shed over things being too OP - either as a char or as a monster, is just appalling. The time saved catering for these people could actually be used for new/better content.

This game is already easy enough, I'd happily see them turn it a few notches up if anything else.
"
Jerle wrote:
Pet changes is the best thing here.

+1 About damn time. Now they should let us name them - that's not hard either.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Naming pets, brilliant idea!
"
Me, I can't wait for Grim Dawn to get finished. This game is moving further and further away from PoE I liked.

+1, POE is free but grim dawn can be better. I hope it will be finish soon!

"
OMG you will always have a minority speaking up for new gems or uniques (hint: WE GOT ENOUGH OF THESE ALREADY)

We have enough crap unique...But if they take the time to create good item (like empire grasp, windripper, soultaker, or unique map...) it could be nice to think that we can drop it one day. And new skill= more build, i don't know why you don't want some.
Maybe there is some better content to add for the game, but i don't think it's some crap divination card, one wing to hall or nerf XP...
For me 2.04 is just an empty patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info