[2.1] How to BM Crit Flame Totem - HC/SC - Up to 100k Tooltip Dps

I have been playing playing BM crit flame totem as well since as long as I can temember and have been closely observing your builds even way back with Zaun. This is hands down a great guide which is kinda a redemption to all the salt FT is receiving in the endgame department. To add a variation to your build, I experimented into making a full 100% chaos BM Crit FT with consuming dark and a high spell damage rare dagger. Honestly, the use of whirling blades with Fortify kiting shit while placing totems has been my best experience with this build. I am able to avoid such 1 hit KO scenarios with the mobility Whirling Blades provides. Although I lose cast speed with daggers and the satisfying shock shatter with lightning fire dmg 3 dragons, I will still test it but will however perma use daggers from now on. Anyways cheers Tyra! Best flame totem veteran by far. :)
Last edited by remhizon on Oct 3, 2015, 3:01:22 AM
"
remhizon wrote:
I have been playing playing BM crit flame totem as well since as long as I can temember and have been closely observing your builds even way back with Zaun. This is hands down a great guide which is kinda a redemption to all the salt FT is receiving in the endgame department. To add a variation to your build, I experimented into making a full 100% chaos BM Crit FT with consuming dark and a high spell damage rare dagger. Honestly, the use of whirling blades with Fortify kiting shit while placing totems has been my best experience with this build. I am able to avoid such 1 hit KO scenarios with the mobility Whirling Blades provides. Although I lose cast speed with daggers and the satisfying shock shatter with lightning fire dmg 3 dragons, I will still test it but will however perma use daggers from now on. Anyways cheers Tyra! Best flame totem veteran by far. :)

I've been trying the same thing recently as well. With 100% chaos flame totems, I swap fire penetration for iron will, which almost makes up for the lost sheet DPS for using 2x daggers that are worse than my best 2x wands. I just wish detailed monster stats (i.e. chaos and fire resist values) were available.

I also swap the three dragons helm for a 1000+ armour rare helm for some much needed physical mitigation. And thanks to the buff to added lightning, we can still shock.

I haven't decided if it's better overall. It's definitely the way to go though when running an elemental reflect map.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
That is excactly what I did. Iron will and added chaos to replace added lightning and fire pen. However the fire pen and shock combination maybe superior but I have yet to see any values or
math to justify that. But as per now the use of dual daggers whirling blades and more tankiness due to replacing 3 dragons has been a welcome change for me.
"
remhizon wrote:
That is excactly what I did. Iron will and added chaos to replace added lightning and fire pen. However the fire pen and shock combination maybe superior but I have yet to see any values or
math to justify that. But as per now the use of dual daggers whirling blades and more tankiness due to replacing 3 dragons has been a welcome change for me.

I kept added lightning, because I still want to shock without the three dragons. So I guess technically it's not a 100% chaos FT, but all the fire dmg is chaos.

I think the shock from just added lightning is reliable enough to be worthwhile if your gear provides sufficient scaling (i.e. jewels with spell/projectile damage, a really good secondary dagger, legacy crit mult ammy, legacy maligaros, crit/cast speed rings, etc.).

For my (almost) 100% chaos crit flame totem trial, I'm using FT + iron will + faster projectiles + faster casting + added chaos + added lightning. Not sure what I'd replace if I had a +1 mantle and a level 4 empower, probably iron will or added chaos.

Edit: Oh, I'm also using power charge on crit + increased area of effect + shock nova + faster casting, to break barrels and get power charges occasionally. Mainly because my legacy 50/50 maligaros is currently 4B and I don't want to recolor it. Wasn't sure what else to put in a 4B link. On the plus side, I've noticed shock nova casts much faster than ice spear and is less distracting since you don't have to aim it.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Oct 4, 2015, 12:26:47 AM
Did you run into any dex problems OP while lvling?
Last edited by OneZeroNine on Oct 4, 2015, 3:03:26 AM
Wanna ask why did you not take the cast speed nodes Mental rapidity and Nimbleness? those node ca add more dps and clear speed why not?
"
Wanna ask why did you not take the cast speed nodes Mental rapidity and Nimbleness? those node ca add more dps and clear speed why not?

While Cast speed is strong, Other nodes are more important in my opinion.

"
Did you run into any dex problems OP while lvling?

Yes that can happen, just utilize the 30 dex nodes for a while where you struggle and unspec them later.
No big deal!
I see thank you for replying that's really help me for updating mine to

Also can I ask an update does still you using Added Lightning and three dragons combo right now?
I saw one of your videos not using that combo so i was worried if you change your build and not update it.

What do you think of they said Iron will over Fire Pen and Added Chaos for Added Lightning focus on chaos damage. Most of enemy don't have chaos resist except boss which means more damage than added lightning+three dragon combo = more clear speed.
what tooltip dps do you recommend for hardcore atziri?

thank you for guide
"
what tooltip dps do you recommend for hardcore atziri?

thank you for guide

40-50k Id say~

"
I see thank you for replying that's really help me for updating mine to

Also can I ask an update does still you using Added Lightning and three dragons combo right now?
I saw one of your videos not using that combo so i was worried if you change your build and not update it.

What do you think of they said Iron will over Fire Pen and Added Chaos for Added Lightning focus on chaos damage. Most of enemy don't have chaos resist except boss which means more damage than added lightning+three dragon combo = more clear speed.

Yes i still use added lightning. The added chaos settup was pre 2.0.

Firepen will Allways be a must gem. No other support gem besides empower is comparable.

The issue between added chaos and added lightning is more of safety reason.

Added chaos has like 1% more tooltip dps but added lightning freezes and shatters, which I personally rank as more important, especially in HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info