[2.1] How to BM Crit Flame Totem - HC/SC - Up to 100k Tooltip Dps

i wonder how "cheap" can u make with this tree? like 4link mantle without helmet with some random wand and res shield? how much life/dps u have?
Last edited by ruzga on Sep 29, 2015, 9:41:56 AM
Any reason for not taking Arcane Potency (4points away) or the 24% totem crit multiplier at witch start?
What about Power Charges? That with Romiras+Incinerate selfcast or is the damage boost not needed?
Last edited by bottlehead93 on Sep 29, 2015, 9:54:33 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Oc78gHNKQ

Not bad, but maybe you could fuse some of the idea and add it to your own

Double burn immunity ruby for RF during the add and Vaal phase, with vaal lightning trap and Vaal skeles for the trio
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
"
FullCust wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Oc78gHNKQ

Not bad, but maybe you could fuse some of the idea and add it to your own

Double burn immunity ruby for RF during the add and Vaal phase, with vaal lightning trap and Vaal skeles for the trio

That looks pretty intesting, ill have a close look on that one, seems there is room for improvement!

"
Any reason for not taking Arcane Potency (4points away) or the 24% totem crit multiplier at witch start?
What about Power Charges? That with Romiras+Incinerate selfcast or is the damage boost not needed?

In the Life HC build i generally prioritize the life nodes and jewel nodes, but that cluster is good.
If you want you can take that, especially if you dont have decent jewels to fill in.

I also take it in my Dps version.

The thing with romiras is, that I exchange about 300 life for about a gain of 130% crit chance ( In terms of value gained thats used for dps).

Whether its worth it, is a matter of taste.
I dont like personally to be forced to keep charges up, especially on hard encounters where every second matters.

Dont see anything wrong with it if you want to try it though!

"
i wonder how "cheap" can u make with this tree? like 4link mantle without helmet with some random wand and res shield? how much life/dps u have?

I will add some snap shots of progression level gear and its stats soon, so people have a better estimate of what to aim for and what to expect during leveling.

"
Great build and guide!

I've to argue on some points on behalf on incinerate though;

CRIT flame totem can compare with Incinerate for sure, but only the crit version.

Incinerate also doesnt lose a gem necessarily either. While Faster Proj is basically a must with flame totems, it isnt with Incinerate.

Neither is Rain of splinters, having both is an overkill as well. My Sire of shards totems can cover pretty big areas without any of them just fine.
If that doesnt cut it, you could always get proj speed on wands, saving a gem slot / jewel slot.

I don't see why Flame totems have it easier in No regen / BM map mods as incinerate cost is far less?

Ghostflame is better though =(

Anyways, that's mostly semantics, great job on the build!

The trade-offs between flame totem and incinerate are indeed a give and take.
What I forgot mentioning though is that Incinerate Quality - 40% Proj speed is no joke.

One if its major plus points in my book and worth considering from a gearing stand point.
it is actually doesn't have to be like that

just get random mediocre rare shield, rare wand, rare helmet,rare rings, amulet

and tell me damage/hp ; P
"
ruzga wrote:
it is actually doesn't have to be like that

just get random mediocre rare shield, rare wand, rare helmet,rare rings, amulet

and tell me damage/hp ; P

On a 4link with this gear composition, without any jewels, lvl 17 gems with no quality you are looking at roughly 20k dps with 5.5k hp and 1600 ES (Subtract about 10-20 levels from 96 of base life will give you 4500-5000life Id say).

Count on roughly 4500/1500 with 15k dps in the beginning id say.

Dont mind the Rathpith, i just took it as a 200 Es life and dmg shield base.

THANKS man : )
Would this build work if you scrapped blood magic, specced zealots oath and fully reserved your mana pool?

I was thinking something like wrath, arctic armor and herald of lightning.. Additional lightning damage for more freezes and additional mitigation from AA.

Is flame tomes mana cost too much to sustain without annoyance? I think this would require blood dance boots to get enough regen based on the tree as it is, obviously there would be some changes but wanted to get your insight on this before I delved into it more myself. Possibly there is something very simple that I am missing? I've played a BM non crit version of FT before but never a crit version with 3 dragon helmet.. I really like that synergy

Either way, I plan on giving this build (or my variation) a shot in the 1 month regardless of if my idea is feasible or not

Very nice build, thanks a lot!
"
Kulika23 wrote:
Would this build work if you scrapped blood magic, specced zealots oath and fully reserved your mana pool?

I was thinking something like wrath, arctic armor and herald of lightning.. Additional lightning damage for more freezes and additional mitigation from AA.

Is flame tomes mana cost too much to sustain without annoyance? I think this would require blood dance boots to get enough regen based on the tree as it is, obviously there would be some changes but wanted to get your insight on this before I delved into it more myself. Possibly there is something very simple that I am missing? I've played a BM non crit version of FT before but never a crit version with 3 dragon helmet.. I really like that synergy

Either way, I plan on giving this build (or my variation) a shot in the 1 month regardless of if my idea is feasible or not

Very nice build, thanks a lot!

So first of all to use blood dance you actually need to kill mobs yourself which unfortunatelly doesnt work if totems kill it for you.

So if you want to get the regen benefit, you need to use e.g. Frenzy, GMP, (faster attack/accurary) and probably PCoC.

Secondly, you can fully reserve your mana,and sustain of a decent ES pool. That works to a decent degree, BUT you will fall in the dangerous category of Infernal mantle when you are below 35% Total mana, basically making it unsafe to use it.

I personally dont think the trade of is worth for it but In the Video linked above about the Asian player, he utilizes this idea to some degree, making use of RF with remove burn flasks aswell.

I think the Approach itself is worth pursuing but only for Heralds/AA I wouldnt consider it worth it.
Thanks for the quick reply..
I didn't realize blood dance wouldn't work. Having to self cast frenzy charges doesn't seem ideal, I 100% agree with your assessment about manual power charges in your original post. I'm all about the "feel" of the build.

I also didn't realize that a fully reserved mana pool would cause the ill effect of mantle, but now that you explained it, it makes sense.

I generally play hardcore (although going to do SC for 1 month so I can test this build on high end content without fear of dying) so I am always prioritizing defence, and plan to play like I am playing HC, which leads me to my next and final question..

I know your build talks about corrupted items with 1+ curses, but in 1 month not sure if that's going to be feasible - how do you feel about speccing into an additional curse on the tree. Would it be worth the extra passives until if/when I get a good corruption? On tempest I have a shock nova call of the brotherhood Templar running level 1 CWDT enfeeble / temp chains and curse on hit with HOT for my offensive curses. I really like the feel of this defensively. I understand with totems I won't be able to COH with herald, but I'll be manually cursing anyway so I could just run a simple arc - COH - assassins mark - flammability.

What's your thoughts on that? Thanks again bud!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info