[2.1] How to BM Crit Flame Totem - HC/SC - Up to 100k Tooltip Dps

Have you tried using the blood magic gem over the keystone? I'm not sure if its worth the gem link or if the multiplier is too much but it would be nice to find a way of not going blood magic keystone.

I know the shadow area is going to be different in 2.1 but I did convert a scion into crit FT and not being able to get over to the shadow area was a pretty big dps loss. However, focusing heavily on cast speed seem to make up some of that loss.

One last thing. What do you think of going chaos over fire? Thanks for your time!

P.S. Flame Totem totally needed a buff in 2.1! Kappa?
I'm still going BM dual crit FT at talisman launch, wondering what is the best way to go passive wise with new tree.. This is what im thinking atm.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycBUIRLUGWfIOus9D1p5Tr7kyzXl0y0ZrghTIc3C0f0B8EB9H9RUdFnY8alSDv64PbHwLAZlNSwfNVxjbFBLOio4IeOliD86IAf8bbC0Sh4XPwHxGWkyeuEpo7aPIOSAce74jtPIKbXfKVLvk31absOCoLKwrw1dfPOtiFe3BSES8DHo_6SVFJsScvZlSJ0x9BkFWMNho4VUtZ82Hicg-sqiaVZp5yqRa_-tJY5fcyFm8qE-oYJKrjalor-Ot2rDbpo_Lz3RRxz35oZdl8DjytjYIHLKffv_JBSsTbT_au4MMlvOv1ZJ3yHQ==

(Have to put it into the offline 2.1 passive tree)

thoughts?
"
Duxryu wrote:
Have you tried using the blood magic gem over the keystone? I'm not sure if its worth the gem link or if the multiplier is too much but it would be nice to find a way of not going blood magic keystone.

I know the shadow area is going to be different in 2.1 but I did convert a scion into crit FT and not being able to get over to the shadow area was a pretty big dps loss. However, focusing heavily on cast speed seem to make up some of that loss.

One last thing. What do you think of going chaos over fire? Thanks for your time!

P.S. Flame Totem totally needed a buff in 2.1! Kappa?

I tried to play with BM gem but I dont like it personally.
Makes Infernal mantle awkward to use, clear mind not usable and the gain from anger isnt that great.

Wouldnt recommend it.

Tried full chaos conversion 2 times. Its "okay" I still highly prefer the more consistent shocking and freezing of fire/lightning from three dragons.

The biggest point towards consuming dark is the use of whirling blades, which you dont need to be using a consuming dark for using it.

With the new poison stacking it MIGHT be interesting to check out again but honestly I wouldnt bother.
Its Emberwake #2 for flame totems that way and emberwake doesnt really work well with flame totems in my opionion.

Im intrigued about the dmg buff to 22+ gem level flame totem. Lets see what lvl 27 flame totem will be able to show.

"
I'm still going BM dual crit FT at talisman launch, wondering what is the best way to go passive wise with new tree.. This is what im thinking atm.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycBUIRLUGWfIOus9D1p5Tr7kyzXl0y0ZrghTIc3C0f0B8EB9H9RUdFnY8alSDv64PbHwLAZlNSwfNVxjbFBLOio4IeOliD86IAf8bbC0Sh4XPwHxGWkyeuEpo7aPIOSAce74jtPIKbXfKVLvk31absOCoLKwrw1dfPOtiFe3BSES8DHo_6SVFJsScvZlSJ0x9BkFWMNho4VUtZ82Hicg-sqiaVZp5yqRa_-tJY5fcyFm8qE-oYJKrjalor-Ot2rDbpo_Lz3RRxz35oZdl8DjytjYIHLKffv_JBSsTbT_au4MMlvOv1ZJ3yHQ==

(Have to put it into the offline 2.1 passive tree)

thoughts?

Tree looks mostly fine for witch based. The only things id change are level dependent probably as effiecent nodes change a lot during the last levels to 100.
haha xd
Last edited by MacxzAndTroakCombined on Sep 10, 2017, 3:33:24 PM
As of the new patch, leveling change is likely just to pickup searing bond at lvl 12 (2 totems w/o ancestral) alongside FT. And like usual swap freezing pulse for firestorm @ lvl 12. I'd prolly skip SB at level 22-24 then, since the nerf is only to the 1-22lvl of FT.

Extremely viable early/mid and endgame, even selffound.
Last edited by gogofrisko on Dec 9, 2015, 2:18:04 PM
Leveling is as mentioned by gogofrisko just with an aditional searing bond now.

damage of Flame totem might be nerfed but the strength of flame totems in early levels is their mechanic and not the flat damage number itself.

I wouldnt worry about leveling to much, it should still be just fine.

Concerning MF:

So here is the deal, there is no better/faster build for mf/gem exp then vaal spark right now, that wont change with 2.1.

Its expensive but the absolute best.

Flame totem can pull of decent mf'ing but Id recommend investing into sire of shards and stay on dried lake /low/mid tier maps for mf'ing. Your focus should be reaching highest clear speed and area covered as you dont optimize for survibility for endgame content.

I believe ive seen a guide for that somewhere around so yeah, id go that route for MF.

I'm also playing BM crit FT + MOMEB at the new league. It's my first time playing a totem build.
I've built my tree based on your 2.0 one.

I don't have the balls to spec out of shadow since i'm not familiar with how totems work.
I'm playing SC league, BTW.

this is my tree, let me know what you think of it, THANKS!

http://exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswVCBx4OPA5IES0RlhRxFm8Wvxo4HNwfAiSqJbwmlScvKgsqEyycLKctHzLRNsU26TpYOthBlkShRKtFR0WdSVFKxEyzU1JVS1WuVcZY5VnzWitd8l5dYeJknWZUZp5oZWjycFJyD3Kpdqx8g3_GggeCEIIegpuD24PzhTKFe4nTjDaPGo-mj_qQVZUglS6aO5rgogCio6Pyp5Ssqq4SrrPAZsHzz37QH9D10f3Vptl82wvbT9-w37_gw-Fz42rqGOvu6_XsOO087-vwH_DV8h3z3fau9zL46_rS

i intend to go to the shadow area and crit nodes only 75+, maybe respec out of some non-crit nodes i might have gotten along the way( celestial punishment/judgment for example).
Last edited by felipesallum on Dec 11, 2015, 1:17:23 PM
You change your build now to bm? from what I check to your profile
Could we have an update for patch 2.1 please :)
Rest in peace zaunnn's BM crit FT build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info