Guessing game done :)

hmm, use a wand, get RT since it's close and use frenzy!.
can this get even more try-hard?.
I don`t want to distract from the whole RF totem discussion, but has someone seriously tested flame dash totems? Sounds fun if it works, the totems shouldnt have cool downs right?
I am already 4 builds further, the waiting for the 1-month is to long sorry guys.

Will probably still do this on an allt though :) really wanna see this in end-game once.

@derriesen, no clue haven't tested that, but it sounds like fun to me, so you should probably just test it out!

@kreca the +3% like per 10 str jewel is superior to a jewel with totem life and %damage.

Base life to totems act's like a "more" multiplier to this build which is far superior to "increased" damage sources.

A tabula with +1 levels and a corrupted lvl 21 spell totem would be your end-game goal to tackle the highest content.

Why would you go low-life when your going to have to tank the content since totems don't aggro so much anymore?
1) the totems will deal a lot of damage already, so low-life is a waste.
2) doryani's catalist provides 110% elemental damage without the need to go low-life.
(3) dual wield doryanis catalyst for e-peen stroking and Wtfuck deeps.

Use elemental equilibrium with lightning traps or alternatively vaal lightning traps (EE + shocked ground)

Damage will not be an issue from what i can tell with this build. It was like the last of my worries when theory-crafting this. Just look at the value's....

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
@derriesen - flame dash on totems has cooldown. i tested it(flame dash) on traps too; it doesn't have a cooldown but it's to 'lel'

@Boem - i disagree with the jewel and i will always will. a 3 point jewel gives me 12% totem life. 3 points with the unique jewel gives me 9% totem life.
or: we assume you take 9 10str nodes around a jewel slot(and that's just to take the str you'd otherwise not take) for a total of 30% totem health. 9 points in 3 slot jewels give me 36% totem life and that's not even counting the damage.

doryanis yea, but it just gets expensive since i consider C.Jack mandatory for clear speed and overall sanity.

about the OP damage, you have to account for the fact that you don't double RF damage when using 2 totems. if you have 20k dps on an incinerate totem, 2 totems will give you 40k, but on RF you wont get to double the damage.

Edit: oh wait, bad math there. i take your 9 points from the strength nodes and get me 3 12%totem HP jewels; then remove that lame unique and get another 12%totem HP jewel for a total of 48% totem HP!
Last edited by kreca73 on Oct 1, 2015, 11:36:14 AM
worst thing about this, besides the obvious - a really really small AoE, is that if you want to have something decent here, you NEED to curse/double/maybe triple curse and trigger EE at the same time else is just not worth it.
having to do them separately with different casts with no spell haste and no laying speed is just not worth the time imo. you're better off with a +3 scepter with searing touch+increased burning+empower.

sadsadsadsad.
i'm thinking of just slapping incinerate on my (currently RF)totems and just breeze my way to 85 without changing a damn thing in my tree.
Last edited by kreca73 on Oct 6, 2015, 9:19:01 AM
I used ball lightning + curse on hit for that.

It proqs EE and then curses while it moves. And it keeps on moving leaving you the time to place totems where possible.

Peace,

-Boem-
it's impossible to trigger EE by yourself. casting spells or CWDT them does not trigger EE.
you need either a totem or a trap to trigger EE. if you use a totem then RIP ancestral bond and if you use a trap you can't also curse.
"
kreca73 wrote:
it's impossible to trigger EE by yourself. casting spells or CWDT them does not trigger EE.
you need either a totem or a trap to trigger EE. if you use a totem then RIP ancestral bond and if you use a trap you can't also curse.

Yeah your right, i used this while leveling with a single totem a bit. Then i swapped to lightning trap and vaal lightning trap(shocked ground fuck yeah)

Still kept ball lightning to curse though, it's just handy how it operates.

Btw i never said this build was some top opie op meta :), it's just clumsy old fun to do. it has quirks many of them to be honest but that makes it interesting, finding ways around them etc and pushing the envelope.

Peace,

-Boem-
Ignore please
Last edited by Drayid on Oct 7, 2015, 9:05:15 AM
"
Boem wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:

Yeah your right, i used this while leveling with a single totem a bit. Then i swapped to lightning trap and vaal lightning trap(shocked ground fuck yeah)

Still kept ball lightning to curse though, it's just handy how it operates.

Btw i never said this build was some top opie op meta :), it's just clumsy old fun to do. it has quirks many of them to be honest but that makes it interesting, finding ways around them etc and pushing the envelope.

Peace,

-Boem-

i planned a RF totem build for the 1M way before i saw this topic up. still, i figured this is a good way to get some feedback goin'.
my earlier points were about what would it take to make RF totems a tier 2?-ish skill.
as it is now, the really small AoE and its mob debuff dependency as far as dmg dealing goes, makes it pretty damn slow.
i don't know how it'll scale at higher levels but with lvl 18 spell totem and flammability on mobs, Dried Lake didn't seem to go that fast.
i've done lvl71 maps and it's not bad dmg wise, but to get to do that dmg you need to spend a good amount of seconds(5ish, more if you're also going for vaal LL shock) to debuff mobs and to get RF up.

i don't have a Carcass J. yet so there is room for some improvements but i don't know, i already die fast enough if i don't pay attention; without my granite and my 5 enduring charges up i die like a quillrat.
i'm at lvl 77 with 5.7k EHP(with discipline aura up). i even picked up MOM just to take the edge off and it saved my ass more times than i would care to admit.
Last edited by kreca73 on Oct 8, 2015, 3:57:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info