Map Changes in 2.0.4

what will be the point to play high map now if they dont give xp? it will be the same to play 75-76 maps at the moment. Its kind off a loop.

Useless change imo
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
Well one thing is quite clear GGG? Your fanbase is shrinking, you better pay attention it seems?
"
Phish wrote:
AGAIN THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FUN THAT IS THE REASON TO PLAY A GAME NOT TO JUST GET TO LEVEL 100. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FUN PLAYING IT THERE IS NO POINT. IF THERE IS FUN WHILE PLAYING IT AND BEING ABLE TO RUN THE MAPS YOU CAN MORE AND HAVE THEM FALL MORE THEN YOU WILL LEVEL AND HAVE FUN DOING IT
FUN is REMOVED when the game takes away 10% of ur exp for being fun, less serious, trying crazy thing............

I have a lot of crazy ideas to play my main char, but I will not put up 10% of exp or hours/days my work to try those things. See the problem here?
"
so....

because the no-lifer 1% of the community is making level 100 too quickly it's going to become even harder for players logging in realistic hours?

so....

basically if you aren't a no-lifer, don't even bother trying anymore to hit 100 in league. sounds...fun.

every game has extremist players that log insane hours, i just don't get the logic of making the majority of the community suffer for it.

No real point getting mad about this, GGG has done everything this way since day one.
With every patch, we're only getting nerf over nerf so they can introduce new gems/uniques and force players starting from scratch again.
Crafting and trading are still badly designed as ever, which is unbelievable after 3 years when GG forces you into trading unless you're extremely lucky with drops.

Seems like GGG is allergic to power creep and anything remotely rewarding. Lottery forever by deaf masochists who do not listen to their playerbase.

You can get used to it or just play something more rewarding, it's quite simple.
Im not convinced at all by those changes, sounds like creating more problems than fixing the already existing ones.
If ever there were a committee derived solution to a non-existent problem, this has to be it.

Please GGG, concentrate on fixing real issues, those that affect the majority of the player base and not the miniscule percentage you seem to be fixated on.
For people complaining that by making it harder to get to level 100 it will affect other players, that's not true they said they will only affect the top tier maps. Also they will increase the map drop rates so that you can level easier!

What they essentially change is that it is as hard to get to level 100 as it used to be pre-awakening, when the highest level maps were 78. In fact now there is the option of leveling slightly faster because 82 level maps give you more exp (just not so much as they did until now).

So they didn't make it harder in a general sense, they re-balanced the game so that very end game is almost the same as before. We will need to see though whether the new map drop rate is sufficient now.

I have mentioned this in my previous comment but here it is again: I don't understand the obsession with level 100. Yes everyone likes to get their characters to as high level as possible but if everyone could get to level 100 in a few weeks without playing 24/7, then the ladder would be pointless. It would be full of level 100 characters!

Personally I level most characters up to 80-85, leaving very few that are very good or that I enjoy very much to get to higher than that. My highest level char is 92 and I think it's fine.

I am playing the game a lot, but certainly not 24/7. Should I complain that I should get to level 100 playing only a few hours per day (and sometimes much less)? If this would have been a single player game then I guess this might be reasonable. But in an online game where there are players that have the ability to play all day, have more skill and have support networks, it is reasonable that they get the most out of the game.
Last edited by phmn on Sep 25, 2015, 10:31:51 PM
Its a good point phmm and serleth made a similar point in general for me leveling solo and prob going to quit around l95 or so its really good since the tile sets from maps dropping now get old quick.
The only thing i find weird is how they worded it since im not sure the community cares if it takes longer to watch someone on twitch hit 100 but i think ggg care a lot about how long that takes.
I dont understand why exiles and rares still can't drop maps which makes blues the only "elite" mob people care about, and they havent fixed the part about lvl 82 bosses dropping lvl 69 maps. Probably one of the most frustrating experiences in the game right now.

This "fix" is not what will make PoE fun again..

Since Exiles stoped being able to drop maps they have become a speedbump, not a fun factor.. and thats just bad game design in my book.
Nemo saltat sobrius
Damn. I'm truly dissappointed. A friendly heads up for GGG: making the game more fun for 2-3 ppl won't increase your player base. You have absolutely done nothing to adress the horrendously boring end game. You only ha e made it worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info