[2.4] [Assassin] Qwark's Shock nova build - Cheap, Very high DPS, HC viable, 7,5k+ EHP.

"
TRIwofl wrote:
Also is there any reason not to take crackling speed or throat seeker nodes?

Yes. Both clusters are a 4 point investment, the points of which go to 2 jewels. The selling point of the jewels is life. Even a blue jewel with life and a damage mod can rival up to 70% of those clusters while adding 14% max life which is a considerable amount.

I used to take them in 2.1 but with the release of ascendancy classes you should crit almost 100% of the time so any more damage is overkill IMO. Critting nearly always guarantees a shock against most things in the game which provides an additional multipler in cases where your crit was realistically at 60% previously.

Survivability is great but the up-close nature of the build always translates to taking T11+, which can be rolled as cancer, cautiously. So extra life is better clearspeed than a small bit of extra damage.

Generally, the build doesn't go out of its way to take damage clusters, just crit, aoe, life and jewels.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Mar 26, 2016, 8:24:06 AM
Skilltree and guide updated almost fully.
I have one other question/hope that you can help, I'll be rolling crit shock nova as my next character. Do you think running the Blasph with endurance, then running instead of wrath, herald of ice, and artic armor, both would add up to the same mana reservation, and since you're critting so much you are pretty much going to freeze any and everything, and standing still is basically how youre casting, so you get the buff from AA if you are standing still.

also was thinking of adding a CWDT, blind, frost nova, increased AOE, maybe since you no longer would need the enduring cry, might even work in a 3 link, and of course have the regular CWDT defense of IC
"
TRIwofl wrote:
I have one other question/hope that you can help, I'll be rolling crit shock nova as my next character. Do you think running the Blasph with endurance, then running instead of wrath, herald of ice, and artic armor, both would add up to the same mana reservation, and since you're critting so much you are pretty much going to freeze any and everything, and standing still is basically how youre casting, so you get the buff from AA if you are standing still.

also was thinking of adding a CWDT, blind, frost nova, increased AOE, maybe since you no longer would need the enduring cry, might even work in a 3 link, and of course have the regular CWDT defense of IC

That just downgrades your DPS

HoI will freeze only for a little while what you already 1 shot and stun.

Every crit will stun enemies with the amount of damage you deal so freezing is kind of pointless. AA is also not worth it because the mitigation is little for the cost.

CWDT Ice nova blind will work but blind rarely does. You're better of with CWDT Arctic breath GMP.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Mar 26, 2016, 5:35:02 PM
AHHH I understand, I'm going to be running this perandus hardcore so I was just looking into most survivability I can with the least change in DPS. Thanks for the help
"
TRIwofl wrote:
AHHH I understand, I'm going to be running this perandus hardcore so I was just looking into most survivability I can with the least change in DPS. Thanks for the help

Survivability is more than enough, I was running this build in HC Talisman and made it to 90 before I was bored. I don't play much currently but in HC perandus I have 5.2k EHP at lvl 60 while 2 shotting every pack I find with mediocre gear.
Hi, I was wondering if Crackling Speed is a good investment. 4% cast speed and 15% crit multi is already worth 1 point each and the 2 additional point will net a huge 46% lightning damage.

And I also took a different route in the tree. After taking Quick Recovery, instead of following with the DEX node, I went up. This allows me to invest (if needed) in Storm Weaver which provides a lot (especially with Call of the Brotherhood) for only 3 points. That's 14.33% lightning damage per point invested EXCLUDING the awesome 20% mana regen which is, yet again, extremely helpful.

Last edited by gtrans on Mar 26, 2016, 7:49:58 PM
We just talked about why it isn't worth it a page back, and you have to allocate points differently to achieve said goal and reroute instead of just taking x jewell. COB is not only expensive, but why do you need to freeze them at all?
Hi everyone,

I followed the build as best I could (I'm a noob) and my character sucks and I can't get any higher than level 2-3 maps... I die a lot, I kill packs of monsters easily but bosses are a freakin nightmare...

Any advice would be highly appreciated ! Thanks in advance

Also, I bought call of the brotherhood, but i dont use herald of thunder or herald of ice anymore so... is it still usefull?

Edit : noticed the guide had been updated, i think i was following an out-of-date version.. Anyway, things are going much better now, I just cleared a few t6 maps without much trouble (still need to be careful on bosses though...)

My question regarding call of the brotherhood is still relevant though..
I also wonder what I should try to upgrade next.
Should I keep my Blood Dance boots too?
Last edited by Palikao12 on Mar 27, 2016, 8:28:02 AM
"
Palikao12 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I followed the build as best I could (I'm a noob) and my character sucks and I can't get any higher than level 2-3 maps... I die a lot, I kill packs of monsters easily but bosses are a freakin nightmare...

Any advice would be highly appreciated ! Thanks in advance

Also, I bought call of the brotherhood, but i dont use herald of thunder or herald of ice anymore so... is it still usefull?

Edit : noticed the guide had been updated, i think i was following an out-of-date version.. Anyway, things are going much better now, I just cleared a few t6 maps without much trouble (still need to be careful on bosses though...)

My question regarding call of the brotherhood is still relevant though..
I also wonder what I should try to upgrade next.
Should I keep my Blood Dance boots too?

I see from your gear and skilltree that you must have at least 4k HP and about 1,5k ES. That is a significant amount already. Your DPS should also be quite high

But your resistances appear uncapped, with some being extremely low wihch causes you to take more 4 times the damage you'd normally take

. Fix that and then focus on your positioning and learning how to deal with various situations and enemy types. People often die more than they have to because shock nova is a skill that requires positioning and judgement over something like arc for example.

Unique gear like the blood dance should only be used if you have the resistances and survivability to spare.

COB is good for freezing mobs, an extra safety mechanic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info